Masand: Luv Ranjan Film/Blind

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

All Is Well

Contrary to popular gossip, Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety director Luv Ranjan’s film with Ajay Devgn, Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone has not been shelved. There was talk the stars had distanced themselves from Ranjan after he was accused of inappropriate behaviour last year.

The model, who withheld her name, alleged in a press interview Ranjan called her for an audition and asked her to strip down to her underwear so he could check if she needed to lose weight. She said she had left the audition and alleged the film’s casting director called her later to tell her she had bagged the project and needed to attend a workshop with the three male leads at the producer’s office. During the workshop, she claimed, Ranjan took her to a room and asked if she was a virgin or used condoms. She has also claimed Ranjan repeatedly called and texted her to say she had misunderstood him, but never once apologised. In response, Ranjan issued a public denial, calling the allegation “absurd”. He also apologised through the media “for not being able to communicate my intent and for not being able to make someone feel that I am the man that I have aspired to be and I believe I am”.

Unfolding at the peak of the MeToo movement last year, this episode got less coverage than others involving more high-profile filmmakers like Vikas Bahl and Sajid Khan. But rumours quickly began swirling that actors like Devgn and Deepika who had voiced support for victims might ditch the film in the wake of these allegations. In fact the film was postponed, although Ranjan’s camp says the delay was only because two films Ranbir was meant to complete before starting this—Brahmastra and Shamshera—had gone on for longer than planned. Now it seems like the film is on track to go on the floor in February with both Ranbir and Deepika. There is some talk that Devgn is having second thoughts, but sources say that could be because he’s no longer sure he wants to play Ranbir’s father.

Noticed Yet Unnoticed

A prominent filmmaker, in pre-production on a big fat multi-starrer project, has cast in the role of the villain a young actor who delivered one of last year’s best performances by a male actor, in what was, as it turns out, a small, sadly less-watched indie. The funny thing is the filmmaker hasn’t watched the actor’s breakout performance (the filmmaker’s allergy to small-budget indie films is no secret) but is betting on the charisma and talent he displayed during the audition.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Kjo hasn't seen masaan.

Sirf glamorous films Chahiye kjo ko

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HappyPlace

Kjo hasn't seen masaan.

Sirf glamorous films Chahiye kjo ko

I forgot that Manmarziyaan came out last year.

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Avinash in Satte pe Satta?

1123225 thumbnail

Originally posted by: snowwhitexxx

Everyone is just waiting for Ranbir's dates. Once he gives dates, Ajay, Deepika everyone will come back hehe. Thats the truth no matter which PR tries to spin it. I think Ranbir is waiting to hear back from Vanga. TBH he shd just ditch this one. Also btw the endless news of this film is provided by Luv Ranjan's office. Also Deepika trying to soften the blow by inserting Shakun Batra's news first. Reality is she's dying to star in this one.

😂 This sounds like what a bitter ex boyfriend might say about a girlfriend.

1123225 thumbnail

What other reason does Deepika have to do this movie? Its not like its a role of a lifetime for her. Either she wants to work with Ranbir or she doesn't have any other offers. Take your pick.

My comment was about the tone of the post 😂 A loser ex boyfriend might say something like that.

As for DP's reasons, I don't particularly care. Maybe she was offered a lot of money. Maybe it IS a role of a lifetime. Maybe she likes to stick to the tried and tested formula for success. It could be any of these or a 1000 others.

The only thing I know is none of the actors involved nor the director is anything great for me to want to watch it unless I hear good WOM.

hedwig_fawkes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveEatLove

Avinash in Satte pe Satta?

laila majnu was produced by ekta kapoor and imtiaz ali- not an indie

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Even masand started to post about this movie. It’s getting really annoying. As if it’s such a big movie. How come every newsportal screaming about this but the actual team didn’t say anything till now.

Is that blind about Kjo and vicky? Don’t get why there is a need to make a blind about this. Who cares if he watched earlier or not.

TeenRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

What other reason does Deepika have to do this movie? Its not like its a role of a lifetime for her. Either she wants to work with Ranbir or she doesn't have any other offers. Take your pick.

dont think too much. she is an actrees and she has to act in movies..also hit pair..what reasons has she to say no?