Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: vyapti

Clearing your doubts and giving you the right answers is not manipulation dear. Misleading you by giving the wrong answers is.

1. Krishna made Subhadra drive the chariot while eloping with Arjuna to *some word* Balarama into  giving Arjuna a free-cheat.

2. Ashwathama hotoh Itih gojoh----do you know this story ?

3. Krishna sent Kunti to use her mother card to *some word* Karna into sparing the pandavas' lives.

4. Krishna *some word*ed Duryadhana to cover his thighs when Gandhari was about to use her superpower to make him immortal

5. Krishna *some word*ed Jatila and Kutila into thinking that Radha was worshipping the goddess Kali instead of meeting him.

So all these *some word*-----can these be replaced with the word manipulate ? If not then I would love to know the word.

As per my knowledge----> Misleading you by giving the wrong answers is called lying.

An excerpt on Manipulation ->  — a manipulative person knows how to twist words, play on emotions and otherwise manage a situation in a sneaky fashion to get what he wants.

'Knows' is the keyword. Now how you use that knowledge-----against good or against evil, to bring out positive outcome or negative outcome is upto you. Manipulation is not always necessarily bad.

Example---- A lawyer made a criminal confess his guilt by bending his words. This too is one type of manipulation.

Some examples of fictional manipulative geniuses ---> Sherlock from BBC Sherlock, The Doctor from Doctor who, Patrick Jane, Tyrion Lannister, Jim Kirk, Han Solo, Harvey Specter etc. Most of these characters condemn the use of fatal weapons and instead use manipulative tactics for saving the world/a situation/innocent people. I love manipulative geniuses in fictions.

Edited by stormborn - 4 years ago
vyapti thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: stormborn

1. Krishna made Subhadra drive the chariot while eloping with Arjuna to *some word* Balarama into  giving Arjuna a free-cheat.

3. Krishna sent Kunti to use her mother card to *some word* Karna into sparing the pandavas' lives.

4. Krishna *some word*ed Duryadhana to cover his thighs when Gandhari was about to use her superpower to make him immortal

5. Krishna *some word*ed Jatila and Kutila into thinking that Radha was worshipping the goddess Kali instead of meeting him.

So all these *some word*-----can these be replaced with the word manipulate ? If not then I would love to know the word.

As per my knowledge----> Misleading you by giving the wrong answers is called lying.

An excerpt on Manipulation ->  — a manipulative person knows how to twist words, play on emotions and otherwise manage a situation in a sneaky fashion to get what he wants.

'Knows' is the keyword. Now how you use that knowledge-----against good or against evil, to bring out positive outcome or negative outcome is upto you. Manipulation is not always necessarily bad.

Example---- A lawyer made a criminal confess his guilt by bending his words. This too is one type of manipulation.

Some examples of fictional manipulative geniuses ---> Sherlock from BBC Sherlock, The Doctor from Doctor who, Patrick Jane, Tyrion Lannister, Jim Kirk, Han Solo, Harvey Specter etc. Most of these characters condemn the use of fatal weapons and instead use manipulative tactics for saving the world/a situation/innocent people. I love manipulative geniuses in fictions.

I am very sorry Storm. Did not have right idea about manipulation. And do not know why this things escaped my mind. Actually I thought you meant Krishna manipulated Arjuna to fight the war. Since we were discussing about that at first.

2nd and 4th is a clear case of manipulation.

I thought it was Kuntis idea to manipulate Karna into sparing Pandavas lives. But yes Krishna manipulated Karna when he disclosed Karna's birth truth to him. Then again I do not remember but perhaps Karna knew it even before that.

I do not know what can be put in the first and fifth case but still do feel manipulation is too strong a term to use there.

Edited by vyapti - 4 years ago
stormborn thumbnail

I am very sorry Storm. Did not have right idea about manipulation. And do not know why this things escaped my mind. Actually I thought you meant Krishna manipulated Arjuna to fight the war. Since we were discussing about that at first.

2nd and 4th is a clear case of manipulation.

I thought it was Kuntis idea to manipulate Karna into sparing Pandavas lives. But yes Krishna manipulated Karna when he disclosed Karna's birth truth to him. Then again I do not remember but perhaps Karna knew it even before that.

I do not know what can be put in the first and fifth case but still do feel manipulation is too strong a term to use there.

You don't have to be sorry. In real life, I absolutely despise manipulation. It's the byproduct of narcissism and tool for gaslighting among many other evils. Personally I haven't met anyone who uses manipulation for positive means. Definitely haven't met any manipulative genius. Though I have come across vicious mind gamers. So I understood the point of view of your comment.

I just clarified that I used the phrase manipulative genius for Krishna as a compliment and didn't mean it in a negative way. 

Another word for #1 & #5--> 'Tricked' 😆

stormborn thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Agree with you Storm. Damru sounds like the human heart which means life! 

Saraswathi is stable in one place , like earth, like women, you have to sit in one place and hold it to produce  music with utmost care , with precision, just like  childbirth>> heavyto hold , hard to produce, but so sweet that end result > the melody!! Stability and tender touch is required for the melody, and Storm, loved your words here, Krishna running from here and there --- ha ha ha 🤗 flute symbolises the air which has to travel from the reed of flute to produce music, you know how important air to human, this tender touch of the lip to that bamboo replicates the air traveling through the human body to fill the life in it! 

Je banshi te batash kande, se banshi tir sure sure......Amar mon berai go, ghuure ghure...................

Red line gave me chillssmiley42

Flute is my favourite musical instrument.

Strings like beena, sitar, sarod, santoor, esraj etc. come close second.

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Ha ha Krishna is a class A manipulator and Patrick Patrick Jayne too... 

RainFire125 thumbnail

You don't have to be sorry. In real life, I absolutely despise manipulation. It's the byproduct of narcissism and tool for gaslighting among many other evils. Personally I haven't met anyone who uses manipulation for positive means. Definitely haven't met any manipulative genius. Though I have come across vicious mind gamers. So I understood the point of view of your comment.

I just clarified that I used the phrase manipulative genius for Krishna as a compliment and didn't mean it in a negative way. 

Another word for #1 & #5--> 'Tricked' 😆

Manipulation or tricking is nothing but playing with one's mind. If the outcome is for the goodness then it's not bad at all. Actually it's a tough trait to manipulate for goodness. As storm rightly said people manipulate for their benefit. 

vyapti thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I have many doubts regarding Mahabharata. May I ask your opinions on them? 

Well I have never read the Mahabharata. Only read theChildren's version by Upendrakishore.

And later some articles about Mahabharata.

And I will seek justificaton for Krishna's actions also. 

Sutapasima thumbnail

Epi 333 

Kya yaar kitna boring episode thaa .. Radha locked up in the goshala by Balram and Krishn locked up in the goshala by Jatila ..both struggle to get out n succeed finally without using any divine powers ..

Jatila.provokes Ugra ... to curse Radha (I know she will fail eventually ..) whats new ??

Kans sends Brahmapur to trap Krishna n  get him to Mathura ..whats new here ??

Balram n Krish see thru his disguise n identify him..so what’s the purpose of this episode ?? What was new ?? Just that Radha used Krishn’s tricks to escape ?? That’s it !! 

Edited by Sutapasima - 4 years ago
RainFire125 thumbnail

I have many doubts regarding Mahabharata. May I ask your opinions on them? 

Well I have never read the Mahabharata. Only read theChildren's version by Upendrakishore.

And later some articles about Mahabharata.

And I will seek justificaton for Krishna's actions also. 

feel free to ask any question on any topic. That gives us a chance to learn and explore and share!!

RainFire125 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Epi 333 

Kya yaar kitna boring episode thaa .. Radha locked up in the goshala by Balram and Krishn locked up in the goshala by Jatila ..both struggle to get out n succeed finally without using any divine powers ..

Jatila.provokes Ugra ... to curse Radha (I know she will fail eventually ..) whats new ??

Kans sends Brahmapur to trap Krishna n  get him to Mathura ..whats new here ??

Balram n Krish see thru his disguise n identify him..so what’s the purpose of this episode ?? What was new ?? Just that Radha used Krishn’s tricks to escape ?? That’s it !! 

LOL .. same dish served with a tinge of diff masala!!