Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: stormborn

Lol. Who is not Bengali in this thread then ? We can easily speak in Bengali here and everyone will understand 😆

Yo ... akdum thek kotha!!

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

phew ... after reading all the discussion i am thinking where should i start from????

So let me start by acknowledging the fact that I too have this opinion that every creation is a "Miracle", be it plants, the mountains (i absolutely love their strength yet their humility), ocean, animals, and last but not the least humans. I tend to also think (like M said) that we are complex. But my reason is a tad different. I will say we are complex because by and large we dont tend to think simple. We think complex. We tend to think of a solution also by complex means. Simplicity is a rarity and i hardly see humans thinking simple. I maybe am generalizing a bit, but this is what I have observed in my 40+ years!! :)

And we all are miracles as we feel. I am still in awe of this concept as to how a living being lives in a womb for xx months safely and then comes out!! It never ceases to amaze me every time i see a life being bought onto this planet. Isnt this a great miracle?

I am also amazed at how plants and animals communicate. Yes, we dont hear the plants, but i am sure they feel and they talk. We hear the various sounds the animals make, but i know that its them talking in their language. I have observed a elephant family (parents and 2 kids) taking bath in a river close to a national park. Its awesome to see how the kids want to shy away and how the parents bring them in again and again so that they get familiarized with water and the concept of bath!! Animals live and think simple u see. Their chore is just to survive everyday and ensure their family has means to survive. Maybe if they evolve like us humans they too will start thinking complicated?? LOL ... possibility right?

Humans and considered to be superior as they can talk clearly. But why so when even animals can talk?? The fact that humans evolve, can make inventions, bring improvements etc make them superior than any living entity i guess. But can we evolve, invent etc without the support of other entities??? Then why only humans are superior??

Now coming to Gods or mytho characters, Storm, i have many of the questions that you asked. Such as who painted the first diety and how? Imagination or was the diety seen? We never know. Its all a matter of faith at this point or facts or maybe a little of both?

For me personally, God is a inner strength. Like vyapti sais (i think) that love is a feeling. We dont see it but we definitely feel it. Likewise this inner strength gives me that push when its needed to take risks, gives me the courage to stand when my world is falling apart around me, gives me the motivation of doing good work even though folks around me are stupid brainless people, allows me to think simple many a times, enables me to let go. So its my belief in this inner strength that makes me feel that this feeling is always there to support me. For me God is my instinct. At times its right and at times it is incorrect but there is a purpose as i learn from my mistakes. I dont see any face when i think of this inner strength. At times this feeling is Krishna, at times its Mahadev and at times its Durga. Depends on the deep shit or situation i am in. And at times its just pure happiness!! Yes, i associate this inner strength also to happiness.

Suta, you wrote an awesome post on Mahadev. I love the contrast in his character. Stormy yet calm at times. He is silence and stillness and havoc.

And storm i concur that krishna cannot be Dumbledore or even a Principle. He shows options and the pros and cons of it. He does not make you choose. In fact no superior strength or energy will. They will pave paths and its upon one to choose. And of-course your choice will have its own repercussions which we call as bhagya. Maybe some aspect of bhagya is pre-written as per your karma but our life is by and large based upon our choices. Now are these choices also pre-written?? Who knows!! I dont believe they are.

Love you all for discussing such wonderful debatable topics!! Lets continue on various mysterious topics for which some day we might find some answers, some we may never do. Thats ok i guess. Everything in this universe cannot be explained.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

What image did you share Madhuri ?? 

BTW I need pics or GIFs of the RK swinging moment after Radha’s realisation for the first post .any ideas who can make one for the thread ?? 
for now I have filled up with Your shared  fotos .. 

Will try to meet your requirement tomorrow Suta. I am not an expert , but I  will try for you!!🤗Felt very happy with your appreciation for the images I am posting in our thread.❤️

Sutapasima thumbnail

Bangali meye hole ekhane  dishtumi cholbe ...olpo 

.  girls  are free to share ... 

Sutapasima thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Will try to meet your requirement tomorrow Suta. I am not an expert , but I  will try for you!!🤗Felt very happy with your appreciation for the images I am posting in our thread.❤️

Khub bhalo kotha Madhuri 

Wait korbo 🤗

vyapti thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

With respect to Gayatri's post:

Humans are thought superior in the rebirth cycle also. But why? Humans do have superior intellect. But is not that we think ourself superior a sign of our ego(ahamkar)? Like I think I am superior. Our country is superior. Like that?

vyapti thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Ki dhoroner dushtumi?

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Ok ... what musical instrument does Shiva carry ?? i

Why do Saraswati n Krishn avatar of Vishnu carry Veena and Flute ?? 

With my limited knowledge I am trying to present my perspective here Suta. 😊 Music is an integral part of  faith, it works its powers over even inanimate things. These things are basically symbols of deeper metaphysical meanings, that the deities adorn to convey those metaphysical ideas easily. These things later transform into symbols with which the deity is primarily identified, eg. Damaru of Shiva, Flute of Krishna, Veena of Saraswati. 

In the case of Shiva, he is primarily identified with damaru in his hand, a snake around his neck, 3 lines of ash over his forehead with the third eye popping out, smeared ash all over his body, tiger skin garment, and his famous Trishul, all of these symbols specifically revolve and resonate around one primary principle that-- 'Nothing is Permanent except death! This was beautifully explained by our Suta in her post. 

Damaru - Human mind is always in the state of oscillation, meaning that it's always indulged and entangled in some thought or the other that makes it restless! That's why the primary step in any yoga and other rituals is to center the mind. Shiva's damaru works as the instrument that helps in centring the mind, if not immediately calming it,  but by giving it a sudden jerk with that  the sound, so that we could be able to receive the energies with the right attention. That's why we have bells at temples. In fact, it has been scientifically studied that, eachtime the bell is struck, it creates the reverberations for around 7 secs, during which the brain activity is zero, meaning the restless thoughts are suddenly pulled down to nothing, making it ready to receive the energies.

Damru symbolizes the Universe, always expanding and collapsing. From expansion, it collapses and then it re-expands, this is the process of creation!!  It is believed by many that the damru produced the first ‘dhwani’--sound also known as 'nada' in the universe. It was born in the void and Shiva danced to the rhythm of damru, which led to the creation of this universe.

The top portion of the damru symbolizes male creativity of procreation, and the downward representation stands for female creativity of procreation. Symbolically, the creation of the world starts with this  rhythm which meets at the centre of the damru while destruction takes place when they separate from each other! 

Flute - Krishna's flute performs the same task as Shiva's Damaru, but the  only difference is that instead of giving the manas a sudden jerk, the flute gives it a soothing pathway from the manas to the God. That's why Krishna's flute appealed and resonated with the masses more than the sudden alarm by Shiva's Damaru.

Krishna is the idea of divine love, the god of love. And the divine love expresses itself by entering in man and filling his whole being. Therefore, the flute is the human heart, a heart which is made hollow, which becomes a flute for the god of love to play. When the heart is not empty, in other words when there is no scope in the heart, there is no place for love!!

Krishna, being the supreme god, is himself divine bliss which is eternal joy. This joy is spread through the sound of his flute when he plays it. It symbolises freedom since all gopas, gopis and other living beings used to get enchanted upon hearing the flute’s tune and come to Krishna. When we become aware of our true selves, we realise that there is no difference between us and Krishna>> Jeevatma and Paramatma! 

Veena of Saraswathi--According to the Vedic sage Yajnavalkya, 'One who is skilled in veena-play attains salvation without effort.' Veena is gyaana veena, the icon of  all knowledge, spiritual and any other branch of knowledge. As the instrument is played and the musical notes are produced, it is as though knowledge is being radiated out through its soul --touching melody. Saraswati holding Veena on the upper side with her left hand  and the lower side with her right-- hand means she has command over the complete knowledge and could produce any branch of learning with excellence!! Veena is the abode of divinity and the source of all happiness. Each physical portion of the veena is the seat of some subtle aspect of  god or goddess. Instrument's neck is Shiva, the strings are Parvati, the bridge is Lakshmi, the secondary gourd is Brahma, the dragon head is Vishnu and the resonating body is Saraswati. Veena music  symbolizes life and the strings the various feelings. The musical sound of veena is supposed to be closest to female human voice and life springs from woman.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: stormborn

Damru.

Because Saraswati sits at one place and Krishna keeps running and jumping from here and there. Flute is more portable than Veena.

Agree with you Storm. Damru sounds like the human heart which means life! 

Saraswathi is stable in one place , like earth, like women, you have to sit in one place and hold it to produce  music with utmost care , with precision, just like  childbirth>> heavyto hold , hard to produce, but so sweet that end result > the melody!! Stability and tender touch is required for the melody, and Storm, loved your words here, Krishna running from here and there --- ha ha ha 🤗 flute symbolises the air which has to travel from the reed of flute to produce music, you know how important air to human, this tender touch of the lip to that bamboo replicates the air traveling through the human body to fill the life in it! 

Sutapasima thumbnail

Originally posted by: vyapti

With respect to Gayatri's post:

Humans are thought superior in the rebirth cycle also. But why? Humans do have superior intellect. But is not that we think ourself superior a sign of our ego(ahamkar)? Like I think I am superior. Our country is superior. Like that?

DNA was not created on earth through evolution as thought in Darwinian era 

It is now believed DNA entered earth through icy comets n meteorites ..

.particles from   tails of icy comets get  caught by planets gravity ... they thrived in the moderate n favourable conditions of earth 

.. it is now believed DNA exists in the  entire universe in forms not yet discovered  and might be thriving through living creatures in other galaxies .. they may be thriving in places most unexpected !!! Like moons of planets 

WE ARE NOT ALONE !!

Edited by Sutapasima - 4 years ago