Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

StarkGirl93 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Everything that is wrong with Bollywood. One thing Kangoli says correct in that article how are looking for the Indian Meryl Streep if this is what we’re gonna carry on doing. I mean until a few years back they were tryna sell Alia Bhatt as the Meryl Streep of India after Highway released. There are better actresses working on CW channel in the States. Not trying to diss Alia, the girl is truly driven and works hard but boy the mediocrity in Bollywood today can put anyone in the best bracket. And we’ll forever be stuck relying on unpolished 20 year olds.

Also in the below article the producer said they approached actresses in 55-60 bracket most of whom said no because they wanted more glamorous roles. 🤪What a load of Bull... and if most said no why reject some who may have agreed. I doubt the like of Shabana Azmi, Supriya Pathak, Neena Gupta would have declined for that pathetic reason. I still wish the movie does well for Taapsee and Bhumi but high time perspectives change. Because it seems the Hollywood seems more interested in casting our 40+ actresses e.g. Shabana, dimple etc.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.news18.com/amp/news/movies/saand-ki-aankh-producer-on-why-they-didnt-cast-older-actresses-for-the-lead-roles-2119243.html

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: StarkGirl93

Everything that is wrong with Bollywood. One thing Kangoli says correct in that article how are looking for the Indian Meryl Streep if this is what we’re gonna carry on doing. I mean until a few years back they were tryna sell Alia Bhatt as the Meryl Streep of India after Highway released. There are better actresses working on CW channel in the States. Not trying to diss Alia, the girl is truly driven and works hard but boy the mediocrity in Bollywood today can put anyone in the best bracket. And we’ll forever be stuck relying on unpolished 20 year olds.

Also in the below article the producer said they approached actresses in 55-60 bracket most of whom said no because they wanted more glamorous roles. 🤪What a load of Bull... and if most said no why reject some who may have agreed. I doubt the like of Shabana Azmi, Supriya Pathak, Neena Gupta would have declined for that pathetic reason. I still wish the movie does well for Taapsee and Bhumi but high time perspectives change. Because it seems the Hollywood seems more interested in casting our 40+ actresses e.g. Shabana, dimple etc.

Pretty sure the "older actors" he went to were the likes of Tabu, Madhuri , Juhi, Karishma, Raveena, Kajol etc and they are all old apparently. But 37 yr old Ranbir is young and salman , srk, ajay, akshay are all even younger.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I personally don't have issues with casting young actress but the effort put. The make up is shit, and acting is bad.

These kind of movies require actors, if they are not physically eligible, to put get physical and mental shifts to get that shape and mind space, but the effort isn't there.

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

The way people talk of older women is disgusting. Sometimes it’s other women/girls itself who do that as if they will never grow old. Like Carrie Fisher said, youth is not an accomplishment. 

It’s so sad when people behave that women come with an expiry date. 

Edited by Sailor-Moon - 4 years ago
dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: StarkGirl93

This. 

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tina59

Pretty sure the "older actors" he went to were the likes of Tabu, Madhuri , Juhi, Karishma, Raveena, Kajol etc and they are all old apparently. But 37 yr old Ranbir is young and salman , srk, ajay, akshay are all even younger.

LOL! Exactly! Why would Tabu, Mads and Juhi play these roles. You play a role like this, and you will get bracketed into oldie ladies who can only play mommy or granny. As if it's not trouble enough to be their age. Neena Gupta etc are past 60...they needed to ask people between 60-70.

Also the trailer smells like Dangal.

Edited by LifeOLicious - 4 years ago
vena.cava. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: tina59

She is right on point

This was tailor made for them, be it Neena or Jaya or Shabana or Rathna Pathak or any legendary actress.

I mean a salman, Akshay, Rajini, Aamir, SRK, Ajay or any 50 plus male star can romance, dance and play a young lover boy and hero but once a woman reaches 40 or 50, they can no longer play lead roles, they are reduced to a side role or mom roles or sister roles.

why?? 

I mean this was tailor made for them, they are itching to play it, they can do full justice to the role yet they are not even considered only coz of their age, thats a big disappointment.

Honestly the ageism in this industry that specifically targets women is so tiring. Imagine Neena and Ratna in this trailer? They would have absolutely killed it. These are actresses that started in theatre and love this craft. Acting is an art form that they love, and excel at. So upsetting.

HotFuzz thumbnail

Ratna parhak / supriya pathak / neena gupta and many others would have nailed this role

Audience is now mature enough to rate the movie based on content 

reddy123456 thumbnail

Anurag is fcking Tapsee nowadays so there was no chance of you getting the role Neena, Anurag was even ready to fight with Kangoli for Tapsee.

sherlockthor thumbnail

that's why i refuse to watch BW films..

Just waiting for Khan era to end

Ageism to end in BW

BW is a joke right now.

It not a glamour industry people.. Its ACTING industry.. and everyone is doing everything except acting.

I dont want to see stupid average performances