Scared, Clueless, or both?

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

LOL continuing in the tradition of me liking episodes that everyone else rants about, I quite enjoyed today's epi😆

MUCH better epi than Friday.....today's scenes were not disconnected, and explanations were provided for every character's behavior. 

First up, I liked the HS-Mini convo in undertones.....I like that they are still talking in team mode and tackling Babita together despite whatever underlying issues of their own they haven't addressed....Mini upfront called him out on the hypocrisy of his honesty gyaan when he otherwise is coddling Babita out of fear......I breathed such a sigh of relief....this is the PB I know....where characters call out each other's behavior and don't pretend everything is fine. Mini rightly pushed back at HS's approach of just agreeing to everything Babita is saying....he also gave his reasoning without beating around the bush but atleast BAAT toh ki mere fav. duo ne🤗....me khush. 

Babita was like a total cartoon to me today😆.....I ROFL-ed at her showing up to put GUR in both their plates and touting the honesty line yet again....HS's expression in response this time was SO much more satisfactory than Friday👏.....this is the HS I know.....aevein faltu mein aaraam se not doing ji huzoori.....Friday was an act, not HS himself......and I loved that Mini was semi eye-rolling on the side over the so called "honesty" as well.....LOL 

Naeem Bi actually AAJ star mode mein aayi fully.....Friday wasn't enough of her gyaan in an effective manner....aaj toh ek ek ko pakad ke tackle kiya 👏.....first up was HS....the way she woke him up and the way he was all grouchy while waking up gave me so much SUKOON and feeling of seeing regular PB unlike the pretense filled epi of Friday.....lol....and I liked that he finally upfront explained his thought process....he's scared of Babita's oversensitive reactions so he's not jataaoing any haq or pushing back against her unreasonable behavior....yeah we all kinda suspected ki yehi baat hai but to hear him say it clear cut was nice......the way he said, "aur main kar bhi kya sakta hoon".....aww Hanuman....bechara. 

Next up, Mini....I'm so glad that NB also gave her the right guidance that her just avoiding coming home was not right and she should have talked to NB.....yeh sab baatein agar HS right state of mind mein hota toh woh bhi samjha leta Mini ko but Babita ne dimaag ka dahi kiya hua hai bechaare ka.....lol 

And finally, the biggest problem child....Babita herself....LOL.....I would say her behavior was better executed today in terms of explaining whatever conflict she has inside her.....NB called out all her hypocrisies and convenient amnesia clearly....her trying to pretend she only married HS for Mini's sake was a real tell.....when NB called her out for that, Babita tried to walk away....so from this, one thing is obvious.....Babita ki problem wohi puraani hai....masochistic guilt and self-loathing.....I'm not sure if the CD incident triggered it or this issue would have cropped up like this anyways given how easily Babita retreats into guilty mother mode but based on today, it seems more likely that Babita feels guilt for any emotion other than that of a mother.....which is why she wants to hide behind the appearance that she only married for Mini's sake....rather than admit that she married HS for herself as well.....as if admitting that she wanted something for herself would make her seem like a selfish person, a bad mother. 

The irony is that she is still behaving in a self-absorbed fashion despite wanting to focus all her energies on showing that all her decisions are only for her child.....lol 

She knows everyone can see what she is doing so she has to give an excuse for the state of this marriage....and the easiest excuse that has justified everything in her life is "Maine Mini ke liye kiya"....so she's trying it this time also.....lol as if Mini ke liye kiya bologe toh it will make it ok that you can't share a room with your husband....oh Babita😆

NB also very importantly pointed out that Babita will inevitably push HS too far and they will fall apart over this.....already he is going against his straightforward nature in trying to appease her.....for her own peace of mind, she's ignoring all the warning signs and happily bouncing around in the bubble of daily tasks and chores.....as if feeding him rajma will make it all right😆....but rajma isn't gonna stop HS's hurt from bubbling over soon enough. 

Babita ka case is of a child who's zidd you agree to once so the child gets happy and starts presuming he/she must have done things right for people to give in to their demands......HS has a big parenting lesson to learn from his mishandling of this.....lol 

And finally, I come to Mini.....it seems she's managed to stabilize for a bit because she's also seeing the warning signs of disaster looming with Babita again.....as always, she steps up when it comes to her Babes.....and it's given her purpose enough to stabilize her for now....but I guess the larger problem will have to be tackled at some point. 

The last scene was total comedy to me🤣.....Babita's expressions and her trying to shush Poonam from talking about the honeymoon were just making me laugh....then I laughed even harder when in the precap Babita ordered a ticket for Mini to come along🤣.....I think I'm just loving that atleast HS-Mini have expressions like what the hell rather than blindly going "haan ji, whatever you say ji"😆

I'm a happy viewer today....satisfying epi :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail

P.S. I was super happy to see the regular PB montage back😃

I HATED the one with all three in chamkeele wedding clothes....ughh.....looks like that was just for shaadi week and is done with for now.....phew.

I wouldn't mind THIS being the montage of the show at some point....this is the simplicity that I envision with the trio :)

shazam1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Are you Rajita, the writer of PB? Only you like the episodes we all hate and see some hidden message in them whereas all of us are just frustrated with the current track- all characters are behaving against their better interests. We are going crazy analyzing their actions and you seem so happy. Kaise???😳

I need some of your enthusiasm for the current track 😊

shazam1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I wouldn't mind THIS being the montage of the show at some point....this is the simplicity that I envision with the trio :)

👍🏼 I love this too. It would be perfect 

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Reposting from another thread: 

I don’t think Ashok ever was considerate of her needs. Did he even ask her if she was ready? I mean she was just 18. It would completely make sense if she wasn't ready. Did he pressure her, force her? She got pregnant right away. As a matter of fact, did she even want a baby at that point? Why didn’t they use contraceptive? Did Ashok show her that he was still sexually attracted to her after Minnie was born? Does she fear that once she gives in and gets intimate with HS, he will stop desiring her? (I am not saying HS would, I am talking about Babita’s fear)

If the writers are going this direction, I completely understand Babita’s fear and insecurities, but writers are not doing a very good job of showing all this. We need more introspection onto Babita’s thoughts and feelings. At least show us that she is affected by HS but is holding herself back because of all these fears and insecurities she has. Show us something to tell us that she desires HS, but she gets triggered by her past experiences so is holding helself back. Kuch toh dikhaoooo 🙄

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: shazam1

Are you Rajita, the writer of PB? Only you like the episodes we all hate and see some hidden message in them whereas all of us are just frustrated with the current track- all characters are behaving against their better interests. We are going crazy analyzing their actions and you seem so happy. Kaise???😳

I need some of your enthusiasm for the current track 😊

🤣🤣🤣

LOL jo sochna hai soch lo, bhai. 

I like episodes which provide clearer depictions of the character actions, where characters call each other out for nonsense.....Friday's epi was totally off-balance to me but ppl were enjoying the random HS-Babita scenes of her supposedly giving him "honesty".....lol 

I liked today's epi cuz I saw some of the balance back.....I saw convos that made sense so I liked it....simple. 

If that makes me Rajita in your eyes, so be it😆

I have ranted plenty about scenes I didn't like last week.....lol I guess I was not Rajita last week then😆.....multiple personality disorder hai shaayad mujhe. 

shazam1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

🤣🤣🤣

LOL jo sochna hai soch lo, bhai. 

I like episodes which provide clearer depictions of the character actions, where characters call each other out for nonsense.....Friday's epi was totally off-balance to me but ppl were enjoying the random HS-Babita scenes of her supposedly giving him "honesty".....lol 

I liked today's epi cuz I saw some of the balance back.....I saw convos that made sense so I liked it....simple. 

If that makes me Rajita in your eyes, so be it😆

I have ranted plenty about scenes I didn't like last week.....lol I guess I was not Rajita last week then😆.....multiple personality disorder hai shaayad mujhe. 

I was just teasing you, no offense. 😳 Actually today’s episode was indeed better than Friday’s. All other characters except Babita were back to normal- NaemBi, Minnie, lallay, and to some extent HS. 

I think it’s Babita who has split personality disorder, aap to theek thaak ho. 😊

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

Reposting from another thread: 

I don’t think Ashok ever was considerate of her needs. Did he even ask her if she was ready? I mean she was just 18. It would completely make sense if she wasn't ready. Did he pressure her, force her? She got pregnant right away. As a matter of fact, did she even want a baby at that point? Why didn’t they use contraceptive? Did Ashok show her that he was still sexually attracted to her after Minnie was born? Does she fear that once she gives in and gets intimate with HS, he will stop desiring her? (I am not saying HS would, I am talking about Babita’s fear)

If the writers are going this direction, I completely understand Babita’s fear and insecurities, but writers are not doing a very good job of showing all this. We need more introspection onto Babita’s thoughts and feelings. At least show us that she is affected by HS but is holding herself back because of all these fears and insecurities she has. Show us something to tell us that she desires HS, but she gets triggered by her past experiences so is holding helself back. Kuch toh dikhaoooo 🙄

I think you are overthinking the intimacy issues angle at this point😆

Ashok was an asshole.....yes, it takes two people to make a marriage fail but I don't think any of Babita's hang-ups justify what Ashok did.....that would be my one major disappointment if the writers actually ever took it in that direction. The tagline is about a mother finding her wings, but if they instead go the route of showing that she deserved everything that befell her, it would be an unfortunate skewing of the empowerment message. No one is saying all women are angels.....but to try and justify the abuse that befell them as something they deserved because of character flaws is also not right......this is what I'd like to say to the writers for the stupid tweets about Babita. 

Based on today's epi, I think Babita's issues are more about guilt than fear of intimacy.....she's feeling guilty about expressing any love or affection towards HS....it's a deep level of masochism born from years of repressed desires....I think it was Jean who had mentioned in some thread that Babita is a case of a person who's suddenly gotten freedom and doesn't know how to handle it......this builds off of the same point.....for the first time in her life, she has the freedom to express her desires but that very freedom scares her now....so she's retreated further into a weird shell. The rest is just an act.....the laughing, the focus on daily routines ki Mini ko jagaao, khaana banaao....sab dikhava hai....she isn't really happy.....she's just retreated into an act....defense mechanism hai.....the biggest hint today was her trying to walk away when NB reminded her that she herself was crying once about the ache in her heart for HS.....so I've concluded based on today's epi that Babita ka case is of a person who is overwhelmed with emotion and she's so terrified about how to express it that she's retreated into a shell......to justify her behavior, she is using Mini as an excuse ki she's done everything for Mini so that she can play the Mom card and not have to explain her behavior as a wife. 

I felt today's epi did a better job of portraying the issues through NB calling out Babita's behavior....the fact that Babita didn't have good answers showed that she's deliberately acting obtuse and wanting to stay in her bubble rather than face the reality of her emotions. 

I also got the sense that NB hit a nerve when she told Babita that she will have messed up another marriage if she continues behaving like this......perhaps somewhere deep inside Babita carries guilt about failing at her first marriage.....no matter how it failed, ultimately it did fail.....that leaves a trauma inside somewhere. 

Motherhood is all she had....that's her safe space even though she cries many times about failing as a mother....that is why she is retreating to motherhood....it kept her sane even as marriage failed her. 

In all this, she is not giving HS a regard as a flesh and blood person, true....and that is what she has to learn about where she is going horribly wrong....NB sounded the warning bells today....but Babita usually only learns the hard way after the fact....she will have to see the actual fallout to realize. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: shazam1

I was just teasing you, no offense. 😳 Actually today’s episode was indeed better than Friday’s. All other characters except Babita were back to normal- NaemBi, Minnie, lallay, and to some extent HS. 

I think it’s Babita who has split personality disorder, aap to theek thaak ho. 😊

LOL arey no, it's ok....no offense taken :) 

Babita ke disorders toh next level hain....sab psychiatrists haath jod lein iske saamne😆

But I dunno why, she was just making me laugh today....I literally burst out laughing over the precap....I think I've reached a level of hysterical laughter over Babita's childish obtuseness😆....now I laugh at her more than get frustrated with her😆

Dunno how long this mood will last😆

AreYaar thumbnail

Oh and one more thing....I think it helps to rewatch old scenes to get perspective on the characters again.....

They have all gone through these cycles before.....Babita deflects a lot from expressing her feelings....I was rewatching the night walk scene wala epi yesterday....there's a moment right after this one....

HS is generously offering her gyaan again😆....but Babita resists....she says she doesn't want his gyaan....lol....HS looks disappointed and then he says, "Toh chalu main?"....hoping she will ask him to stay....she doesn't initially....he turns away in disappointment but keeps hoping she will call him back.....two beats later, she finally does....😆...asking him if he's actually that sleepy....and the way he shakes his head....a happy smile on his face....it's an adorableee moment😆

I saw this scene yesterday and I thought ki baat more or less wahin hai.....Babita rebuffs any offer from him initially.....then calls him back the moment he tries to walk away😆.....iska aise hi chalega😆