A difficult situation Kuhu handled well

beguiling thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Guys I just wanted to say that I was very relieved to see that Kuhu handled the situation yesterday very well..I was actually nervous about how her reaction would be but was so glad to see that she was trying to make Kunal understand where he is going wrong without being insensitive towards his emotions. That is not to say that I deem Kuhu incapable of handling such situations with maturity, it was more of the dread of the makers falling into the trap of Kuhu-hating-on-Mishti (which would have been so easy and lazy to do) Am so glad they took a different route. 

I also feel Kunal totally deserved to have someone by his side. I could so relate to his hurt feelings yesterday. It's not easy when you are already in an emotionally vulnerable state and then the other person goes on to break your heart further more by saying hurtful words. I feel at times the essence really is to choose your words wisely which Kuhu did. 

I totally adored the way Kuhu and Kunal hugged. Their relationship currently has so many problems going on and yet they so genuinely showed concern for each other's feelings on different instances on that Mumbai trip. 

Had Kuhu got hurt and decided to go away on hearing Kunal reiterate that how between his brother and 'love' he would have always only chosen his brother, yet again Kunal's emotions would have remained unattended to and yet again probably he would have drifted to a further more hostile path..I know it's unfair but am really glad that Kuhu decided to hear him out..sometimes all we need is a person to hear us out and let us express our emotions. Once the hurt feelings, anger have been provided an outlet, a person feels much more at peace and is able to move on. 

PS:  I love how Kuhu asked Meanu that how she got injured. (At first I wished she had lied to Meanu but then again it wouldn't have been nice to lie. ) 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vardhinirosid thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Agree...I love mishbir ..n started liking kuku..n loved yesterday episode..n it's human tendency..ur husband said he is ready to leave u fr his brother..this word hurts a lot..bt still kuhu understood her husband situation n handled well...when kuhu said I understood ur pain Kunal said no one know how he much pain he is feeling right now..I was like..yeah even u don't know how much kuhu is paining from day of her Sr ..from.the day Kunal said she was a deal..her entire life her dreams crashed with in mins...n I'm liking kuku story progression ..before I used to skip their scenes now I'm watching them..hope they won't butcher kuhu charcter more by taunting misthi fr all the happenings in her life..I hope she slowly realise misthi is her well wisher ..want to c sisterly bond of kuhu n mish

InaMeenaDika thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Really liking her character these days. After the accident, it seems like instead of Mishti, the hurt has gone into her head.. đŸ¤Ł I think she has started getting less affected by what Mishti is doing with Abir and has started turning inwards.. When she saw Mishti in the pandal, the first thing that she was worried of was about her health, instead of the possible agitation her presence can cause in Kunal’s small mind... I don’t know if I will ever be able to ship KuKu, primarily because of Kunal, but Kuhu does makes me invested in her.. Also unlike Kunal, who never introspects, I can see a slight introspection in Kuhu’s character after the accident... She at least, thought about where her hatred and all the negative emotions are taking her... This is what I feel, made her try to make Kunal understand, for the first time, that may be the world is not against him, instead may be he is fighting futile battles with the world... May be he needs to let the walls, he has built around himself, fall .. She showed immense composure, even when twice Kunal said that he can easily choose his bhai over his love and that he easily betrayed her because of his brother... He said that on her face, he literally said that on her face. I can imagine that would have broken her heart, yet she was able to gain her composure and keep aside her pain and try to console her husband. Kunal really needs to understand this Kuhu, simply see her for what she is, be sensitive towards her not because she is anti Mishti, not because she can help him in his mission to separate his bhai with Mishti, but because both of them can help each other become better human beings .... Both of them can help each other leave back their baggages, whether they are because of their families or self imposed.. 

Also in yesterday’s episode, I think Kuhu was a bit observant towards how Abir stood for the right thing.. Unlike Kunal, it was a very difficult thing, in fact impossible for him to choose between his love and his brother, which very easily, Kunal did. So far, Abir’s love towards Mishti was not a thing that she took seriously, but probably for the first time she got a glimpse into how separating these two will affect not only Mishti, which may be an unimportant thing for Kuhu, because Mishti was not a friend, but also Abir bhai, who has always been nothing but good to her...  Also, may be in the future, it would also give an important insight to her, in case Kunal does not budges off, to rethink whether to invest her emotions into someone who expects her to choose him, but when the time comes will choose his bhai, his petty fights against her... 

Personally, I wish what Kunal did to Kuhu comes out in the open.., Also the fact that Kuhu pushed Mishti should also come out... This will give everyone a chance to introspect and apologise .. Abir can realise that it’s wrong on his part to treat Kunal as a manipulated child in every situation. Mishti can understand that it was wrong on her part to not confide in elders and Abir, while Meenu continued to blackmail her and let the marriage progress.. Kuhu can sincerely apologise for pushing Mishti off the pyramid which could have otherwise resulted in a serious injury.. This might give all of them a chance to put back their past and move on to better equations in life.... Kunal needs  to suffer really .. I seriously don’t what can be done with this character, because he lacks conscience seriously... He not only has no empathy for Mishti, whom he claims to hate, but he is also insensitive towards his brother, whom he supposedly loves and Kuhu who once was a friend...  On top of that he eavesdrop at the wrong time always, hears all the wrong things and never lets the other person explain.. So I really have no idea as to how they will move forwards with him.. 

beguiling thumbnail

Originally posted by: ZindagiCalling

Really liking her character these days. After the accident, it seems like instead of Mishti, the hurt has gone into her head.. đŸ¤Ł I think she has started getting less affected by what Mishti is doing with Abir and has started turning inwards.. When she saw Mishti in the pandal, the first thing that she was worried of was about her health, instead of the possible agitation her presence can cause in Kunal’s small mind... I don’t know if I will ever be able to ship KuKu, primarily because of Kunal, but Kuhu does makes me invested in her.. Also unlike Kunal, who never introspects, I can see a slight introspection in Kuhu’s character after the accident... She at least, thought about where her hatred and all the negative emotions are taking her... This is what I feel, made her try to make Kunal understand, for the first time, that may be the world is not against him, instead may be he is fighting futile battles with the world... May be he needs to let the walls, he has built around himself, fall .. She showed immense composure, even when twice Kunal said that he can easily choose his bhai over his love and that he easily betrayed her because of his brother... He said that on her face, he literally said that on her face. I can imagine that would have broken her heart, yet she was able to gain her composure and keep aside her pain and try to console her husband. Kunal really needs to understand this Kuhu, simply see her for what she is, be sensitive towards her not because she is anti Mishti, not because she can help him in his mission to separate his bhai with Mishti, but because both of them can help each other become better human beings .... Both of them can help each other leave back their baggages, whether they are because of their families or self imposed.. 

Also in yesterday’s episode, I think Kuhu was a bit observant towards how Abir stood for the right thing.. Unlike Kunal, it was a very difficult thing, in fact impossible for him to choose between his love and his brother, which very easily, Kunal did. So far, Abir’s love towards Mishti was not a thing that she took seriously, but probably for the first time she got a glimpse into how separating these two will affect not only Mishti, which may be an unimportant thing for Kuhu, because Mishti was not a friend, but also Abir bhai, who has always been nothing but good to her...  Also, may be in the future, it would also give an important insight to her, in case Kunal does not budges off, to rethink whether to invest her emotions into someone who expects her to choose him, but when the time comes will choose his bhai, his petty fights against her... 

Personally, I wish what Kunal did to Kuhu comes out in the open.., Also the fact that Kuhu pushed Mishti should also come out... This will give everyone a chance to introspect and apologise .. Abir can realise that it’s wrong on his part to treat Kunal as a manipulated child in every situation. Mishti can understand that it was wrong on her part to not confide in elders and Abir, while Meenu continued to blackmail her and let the marriage progress.. Kuhu can sincerely apologise for pushing Mishti off the pyramid which could have otherwise resulted in a serious injury.. This might give all of them a chance to put back their past and move on to better equations in life.... Kunal needs  to suffer really .. I seriously don’t what can be done with this character, because he lacks conscience seriously... He not only has no empathy for Mishti, whom he claims to hate, but he is also insensitive towards his brother, whom he supposedly loves and Kuhu who once was a friend...  On top of that he eavesdrop at the wrong time always, hears all the wrong things and never lets the other person explain.. So I really have no idea as to how they will move forwards with him.. 

You have put it so much better than I did !!

I have had a very different opinion about Kuhu right from the time when she felt that she has gone overboard in saying hurtful things to Mishti about her parents. That was the first instance to indicate that she does tend to reflect upon her actions and admits to her mistakes (something which I feel is one of the most difficult things for any person to do. Sometimes people accept they are at fault and apologize but don't really mean it. With Kuhu when she is mean she is unabashedly mean and when she is caring, she does genuinely care)

Kuhu has handled situations maturely previously as well (like how she dealt with Meenakshi's rejection or was acceptive of Kunal's past, Shweta) Always comes to my mind how she had said on Ketki's wedding day that why should Ketki be made to feel like she has done anything wrong when actually it was her fiance who was cheating on her.

Kuhu has shown from time to time that she does tend to put others' emotional needs before her own, so she didn't let it on that she was affected by Kunal's rishta being considered for Mishti. She would refuse to swear to her mother even if she insists Kuhu to share her marital problems. The idea of Mishti becoming the bahu in the same house where she is, was utterly unacceptable to Kuhu but now she might as well agree to that having seen what Mishti means to Abir.

"She at least, thought about where her hatred and all the negative emotions are taking her.."

So very true.

She showed immense composure, even when twice Kunal said that he can easily choose his bhai over his love and that he easily betrayed her because of his brother... He said that on her face, he literally said that on her face. I can imagine that would have broken her heart, yet she was able to gain her composure and keep aside her pain and try to console her husband.

You know what mate as much as it was unfair that she had to hear those hurtful things from Kunal, I also feel that this time around she was much better prepared to deal with such a truth having heard it from Kunal himself earlier. She chose to be there for Kunal despite of knowing that he doesn't love her and that's quite telling.

I know Kunal has been acting like a a***** but maybe, just maybe he needs time and people around him to be as patient as Kuhu was, for him to really come around and understand things. I might be one of the only people to think so but I really think Abir and Mishti have had a problematic approach in terms of how they have tried to make Kunal understand their perspective.

I can understand that Mishti's approach has been pretty straightforward - talk, discuss, sort out things. But at times she tends to come across as imposing - like her way of drawing a parallel from her childhood and telling him that how he and Kuhu wouldn't have got married had she not rejected him -that was not so subtle I would say. To top that she told him that he doesn't understand what love is. I mean how would Kunal understand what kind of relationship Mishti and Kuhu share, when Mishti and Kuhu themselves have not been able to define it till date.

Likewise for Abir to tell him that he couldn't learn how to value relationships was pretty harsh when actually Kunal's family means a lot to him and he has shown that too time and again. He once literally said that he can even die for Abir and the way he said that totally felt like he meant it. Then for Kunal to hear something like he couldn't learn how to love his family, was always going to cut deep. I know Kunal asked Abir to make an impossible choice and that indeed drove such a reaction but Abir also needs to understand that Kunal can't simply go by his words. He needs to 'see' that Mishti has Abir's best of interests at her heart (Now how are they gonna make him see it I really have no idea but yep that's certainly something that would help I would say)

I would have said that Kunal doesn't have a single bone of introspection, but then that day he did genuinely feel sorry and sincerely apologized for his misbehaviour. He even honestly mentioned that Kuhu shouldn't misinterpret his apology for love. That gave me hope that Kunal is not such a hopeless case after all 🤞 

Thank you for lending your beautifully put insights to this post, you explained what I was trying to say in a much better manner than I did :) 

Isolophiliac00 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

I admire Kuhu for what she did.. she has grown up more from that one incident as compared to her life with respect to mishti.. and Kuhu genuinely is a nice person if she removes the blame mishti cloth from her eyes.. yesterday when she could have easily blamed mishti and furthered her agenda but she took the right step and tried to make him understand as nicely as possible..

Though I don’t agree regarding abir choosing hurtful words towards kunal when he was in a vulnerable state.. kunal has been nothing but a delusional child in his equation towards mishti and wanting abir to give up mishti like his toys.. like how insensitive you can be towards a girl and your own brother..

I think abir yesterday did the best thing he could have for all the parties involved.. kunal needed to hear in simple,  clear and precise words what mishti meant to his brother and his brother was an active participant in this relationship  and not someone who mishti fasaoed... if abir would have mollycoddled kunal again then kunal would have continued with his delusion and god knows what he would have done next...

SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I'm glad that for once Kuhu did look past Mishti and was looking at Kunal, and her relationship with him. This was indeed a step in the right direction for her. 

InaMeenaDika thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: beguiling

You have put it so much better than I did !!

I have had a very different opinion about Kuhu right from the time when she felt that she has gone overboard in saying hurtful things to Mishti about her parents. That was the first instance to indicate that she does tend to reflect upon her actions and admits to her mistakes (something which I feel is one of the most difficult things for any person to do. Sometimes people accept they are at fault and apologize but don't really mean it. With Kuhu when she is mean she is unabashedly mean and when she is caring, she does genuinely care)

Kuhu has handled situations maturely previously as well (like how she dealt with Meenakshi's rejection or was acceptive of Kunal's past, Shweta) Always comes to my mind how she had said on Ketki's wedding day that why should Ketki be made to feel like she has done anything wrong when actually it was her fiance who was cheating on her.

Kuhu has shown from time to time that she does tend to put others' emotional needs before her own, so she didn't let it on that she was affected by Kunal's rishta being considered for Mishti. She would refuse to swear to her mother even if she insists Kuhu to share her marital problems. The idea of Mishti becoming the bahu in the same house where she is, was utterly unacceptable to Kuhu but now she might as well agree to that having seen what Mishti means to Abir.

I agree with everything that you have said and I understand her not wanting Mishti to be in the same house. I think even if she acknowledges Abir’s love for Mishti, that will still be genuinely challenging to come to terms with MishBir’s relationship... I hope writers deal with it in a subtle way instead of making utter hurtful words.. Because when she says disgraceful things, it really stings badly. Such kind of a power even Meenu and Kunal don’t have, because they simply hate while Kuhu as you said “ when she is mean, she is unabashedly mean but when she cares, she genuinely cares”.. â¤ď¸

"She at least, thought about where her hatred and all the negative emotions are taking her.."

So very true.

She showed immense composure, even when twice Kunal said that he can easily choose his bhai over his love and that he easily betrayed her because of his brother... He said that on her face, he literally said that on her face. I can imagine that would have broken her heart, yet she was able to gain her composure and keep aside her pain and try to console her husband.

You know what mate as much as it was unfair that she had to hear those hurtful things from Kunal, I also feel that this time around she was much better prepared to deal with such a truth having heard it from Kunal himself earlier. She chose to be there for Kunal despite of knowing that he doesn't love her and that's quite telling.

I know Kunal has been acting like a a***** but maybe, just maybe he needs time and people around him to be as patient as Kuhu was, for him to really come around and understand things. I might be one of the only people to think so but I really think Abir and Mishti have had a problematic approach in terms of how they have tried to make Kunal understand their perspective.

I can understand that Mishti's approach has been pretty straightforward - talk, discuss, sort out things. But at times she tends to come across as imposing - like her way of drawing a parallel from her childhood and telling him that how he and Kuhu wouldn't have got married had she not rejected him -that was not so subtle I would say. To top that she told him that he doesn't understand what love is. I mean how would Kunal understand what kind of relationship Mishti and Kuhu share, when Mishti and Kuhu themselves have not been able to define it till date.

Likewise for Abir to tell him that he couldn't learn how to value relationships was pretty harsh when actually Kunal's family means a lot to him and he has shown that too time and again. He once literally said that he can even die for Abir and the way he said that totally felt like he meant it. Then for Kunal to hear something like he couldn't learn how to love his family, was always going to cut deep. I know Kunal asked Abir to make an impossible choice and that indeed drove such a reaction but Abir also needs to understand that Kunal can't simply go by his words. He needs to 'see' that Mishti has Abir's best of interests at her heart (Now how are they gonna make him see it I really have no idea but yep that's certainly something that would help I would say)

I think Abir can perhaps make Kunal sit down and talk. I appreciate your opinion, but I don’t think Mishti will be able to do anything when it comes to Kunal , because he doesn’t listen to her at all. Whatever she says falls on deaf ears. He said ki “ yahi sab keh ke tumne mere bhai ko fansaya tha na...”  that she was targeting Abir since starting and staged a courtship-rejection drama . To be honest, I found that very demeaning.. That’s when she said that he perhaps he doesn’t even know the meaning of love.. 

Abir also reacted the way he did when Kunal publically humiliated her. Even then he was trying his best to make him understand that Mishti is his love. Then Kunal asked him to choose between two very important people in his life and told him that it’s something that he can do very easily.. that’s when he said “ ki pyar ka rishta tujhe banana nahi aaya aur bhai ka rishta tujhe nibhana nahi aaya.. “ He was not happy saying those things to him .. He was quite hurt himself... Kunal also got shocked hearing Abir say those things, but then again his reasons are very wrong and to understand what Abir is saying, even if it’ happens in the future, he needs to hear those words.. Someone has to tell him this. 

May be they could have worded it in a different way, but then again, he just doesn’t wants to listen to them.. Unless he listens to them, any approach they take will fail... He has to take at least one step.. Their is only so much these two can do until he is willing to rise above his prejudices... Mishti, he considers as a nobody.. and Abir, he is too naive in his perspective, when it comes to Mishti to make him understand anything.. His own anger on top of it doesn’t help either.. 

I think that’s why it is very important for Kunal to appreciate, understand and love Kuhu and that too “for the right reasons... “ , reasons that are independent of MishBir and their equation, independent of agendas, be it his, Kuhu or Meenu’s....  It will be only then he will realise that you can’t choose between the people you dearly love. It will only be then when he realises that at time two good human beings might not be good for each other, whereas two imperfect people might be perfect for each other.. There is no villain or hero in that scenario... 

All that said, I think Abir can play a more proactive role in trying to stir him up regarding what he said to Mishti about Kuhu and him running away from the marriage. That’s where I feel many things will start unfolding.. Right now whatever Mishti and Abir do goes in vain, also because they think that he does it because he dislikes Mishti, but loves Kuhu.. or Meenu manipulates him.. Mishti was also trying to give her love gyaan, because she thought it would be the best way to make him see the positive of breaking up, as he ended up with the love of his life Kuhu... She thinks that will probably reduce the anger between KuKu and ease the tensions between them as well..😆 Unfortunately that does not happen... It riled him even further, as he thinks that he got trapped in the marriage with Kuhu and he multiplies his anger and directs it again towards Mishti..  Simple method, but got backfired badly.. đŸ˜†

All in all, I still don’t see Mishti being able to play any role in putting any sense in Kunal.. It can only be Kuhu and Abir.. and I hope that they in fact don’t make Mishti make too many efforts to bring Kunal on line as it would look forceful.. Let these two deal with him.... They can work on Kunal Mishti bond once he comes to term with Mishti and her equations with other people.. 

I would have said that Kunal doesn't have a single bone of introspection, but then that day he did genuinely feel sorry and sincerely apologized for his misbehaviour. He even honestly mentioned that Kuhu shouldn't misinterpret his apology for love. That gave me hope that Kunal is not such a hopeless case after all 🤞 

Thank you for lending your beautifully put insights to this post, you explained what I was trying to say in a much better, manner than I did :) 

Thanks dear.. It’s lovely to read your Kuhu centric posts too.. Also the beautiful pics that you share... Makes me appreciate the innocence that Kaveri brings to the character.. Also I love Kuhu’s voice when she is being her samjhdaar self.. â¤ď¸

Edited by ZindagiCalling - 4 years ago
nakhre_wali thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Ah I wish we had more episodes like this on YRHPK. You could clearly see that Mishti and Abir's characters have been designed to overcome external obstacles while Kuhu and Kunal's characters have been designed to overcome internal obstacles. 

Abir is confronted with the issue of family members who are unhappy with his life choices or decisions - be it searching for his father or his choice of life partner. Mishti is confronted with a society that always faults her for being true to herself - e.g. rejecting a relationship that was not a good fit. 

Kuhu has to come to terms with people who never seem to "see" her nor understand her innerworld - but instead always underestimate her or dismiss her as less important. Kunal has to come to terms with finding a purpose beyond his family and work, so he can stop feeling manipulated and shortchanged by the very things he has constantly worked towards.

Even Meenakshi got to face some of her past demons.

beguiling thumbnail

Originally posted by: Isolophiliac00

I admire Kuhu for what she did.. she has grown up more from that one incident as compared to her life with respect to mishti.. and Kuhu genuinely is a nice person if she removes the blame mishti cloth from her eyes.. yesterday when she could have easily blamed mishti and furthered her agenda but she took the right step and tried to make him understand as nicely as possible..

Though I don’t agree regarding abir choosing hurtful words towards kunal when he was in a vulnerable state.. kunal has been nothing but a delusional child in his equation towards mishti and wanting abir to give up mishti like his toys.. like how insensitive you can be towards a girl and your own brother..

I think abir yesterday did the best thing he could have for all the parties involved.. kunal needed to hear in simple,  clear and precise words what mishti meant to his brother and his brother was an active participant in this relationship  and not someone who mishti fasaoed... if abir would have mollycoddled kunal again then kunal would have continued with his delusion and god knows what he would have done next...

You are right. Sometimes the best thing is to hear the truth, plain and simple. Being able to handle it or not is a different story altogether. Now that Kunal knows his brother's stance he would not have any unrealistic expectations. 

I really wish to see Kunal come into his own where he is neither manipulated by Meenakshi nor hot and bothered about how Abir wants to go about his life. 

beguiling thumbnail

Originally posted by: ZindagiCalling

Thanks dear.. It’s lovely to read your Kuhu centric posts too.. Also the beautiful pics that you share... Makes me appreciate the innocence that Kaveri brings to the character.. Also I love Kuhu’s voice when she is being her samjhdaar self.. smiley27

I agree..they really should tread with Kuhu and Kunal sensitively. It is very easy to throw such characters under the bus to create dramatic situations but to give them an opportunity to introspect and turn a new leaf is what would lend a nuance to the storyline. 

And as much as I look forward to see Kuhu becoming Kunal's emotional support and the voice of reason in his life (without judging him or being too pushy like she did in the last episode) I agree with what you wrote that Kunal does indeed need to suffer a bit. 

Thanks for the appreciation đŸ¤—