Sept 12th: The anticipation of change

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

The two main things that stuck out to me today were:

1) HS and Mini are both bracing themselves for a changing dynamic post the wedding with Babita...they've already starting thinking towards it, wondering about it....in Mini's case, being kinda morbid about it too.

2) Babita is not even remotely thinking about this😆....or she's blocked it out of her mind. She seems startled each time HS or Mini mention that things will change post the wedding.....and then firmly states that nothing will change. 

Jo insaan change anticipate hi nahin kar raha, woh change handle kaise karega? ðŸ¤”.....

HS-Babita ka morning tea scene was sweet.....his ever favorite adrak koot ke chai...😆...and him being all nostalgic for dosti wala rishta😆.......although I've been noticing since yesterday that the orange and pink fabric they've put all over the house is making light reflect weirdly onto HS ka face....his face looks kinda orange with all the makeup reflecting the light of the orange fabric😆

I also liked the mother-daughter scene.....thoda toh regular mode mein aaye with Babita pampering her, putting oil in her hair. 

Ofcourse Mini is still haunted by the words uttered yesterday......and she's already starting to remind me of what she was like on the brink of her depression phase....but for now, I guess I'm thankful she hasn't gone into the level of awkwardness I was dreading based on yesterday. 

Rest of the episode was dedicated to Kammo rehabilitation.....lol....as expected, sab kuch "padosiyon ki nok jhonk" mein rafa dafaa kar diya.....and I didn't know that Kammo doesn't know Khatri molested Babita.....although I doubt that will make any difference to her if she finds out also....pati chahiye bas....aur medals bhi chahiyein for going against him 1-2 times.....lol....bada ehsaan kar diya Babita pe.

Mini also mazey mein danced with Kammo at haldi😕😆.....sabka HSSH ho gaya conveniently.....Babita also looked emotionally touched over Kammo showing up at the haldi🤔😆

People were feeling bad ki Kammo didn't think of her brother HS, but her whole focus was only on resenting Babita.....lol and this so called brother-sister relationship is obviously token as well.....rakhi tie karne se sabko uski value nahin samajh aa jaati. 

On this front, the writing hasn't lived up to the mark. I understand why they want to use Khatri as a character to create conflict.....but whitewashing of Kammo's words doesn't cut it for me.....especially for a show that otherwise touts characters that don't take bullshit for the sake of so called "duniyadaari". 

Anyways, I guess I'm gonna start forwarding her scenes now too. 

The whole haldi dance and water issue was kinda boring.....only thing I liked was Mini trying the reverse countdown thing to calm down her anger.....more HS-isms she's imbibing😆

The writers made me regret my own words from earlier in the week.....LOL maine hi bola tha that I liked how they were showing the shaadi track but they've managed to reach the end of my patience too.....I'm beyond bored of haldi, jaago jo bhi.....it's like bas khatam karne ke liye khatam ho rahe hain ab.....emotional feel has substantially dropped since yesterday. 

I hope they can find their mojo after they finish getting through shaadi ki endless rasmein cuz they seem to have run out of steam on that front😆

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chrys thumbnail

Agree with your thinking. 

That whole Kammo episode didn’t go down well with me. It’s always about Sautalei Ma. I’ve never come across own mother abandoning her child after marriage. Bringing that up especially in the context of this series story line, seemed downright absurd. And in bad taste. 

I too hope the makers wrap up this over stretched wedding and show something substantial. I can see the actors bored except Minnie. It’s been her show for the past month or so.  

Need a break. Want more of sensible mature Hanita scenes. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention......that haldi scene between HS-Babita.....lol kya random tha woh bhai? ðŸ˜•

Why were they just sitting there like statues? Insaano ki tarhaan baat hi kar lo....

HS trying to compliment her was nice but baaki ekdum filler scene tha....

They've gone overboard with stretching out the silences between HS-Babita since a couple of epis now. The tea scene was nice but yeah haldi scene could have been done way better. 

Monday started off so well....it's a pity that by Thursday, most of the feels have been sapped. 

In the zeal to stuff in song and dance in every epi, flow has been dropped somewhat. 

The actors genuinely look bored....it shows on their faces despite them trying to act enthusiastic about the rasams😆

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chrys

Agree with your thinking. 

That whole Kammo episode didn’t go down well with me. It’s always about Sautalei Ma. I’ve never come across own mother abandoning her child after marriage. Bringing that up especially in the context of this series story line, seemed downright absurd. And in bad taste. 

Oh people absolutely think like this....because it's all about sex....lol ppl presume only sex gives security in a relationship.....everyone's only obsessed with ppl's sex lives....and a child doesn't fit into that discussion so its cast aside. 

Kammo is also hinging her belief on the fact that after a wedding, no matter what the age, ppl jump into a honeymoon period and a child (even a blood relation wala child) is an impediment cuz apparently mother will lose her mind being hormonal in lust and start resenting her child....lol.....and Kammo sees nothing wrong with her choice of words.....lovely😆

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Agree with most of the things the whole water tanker thing was bizzare not even fun and i didn't  even understand how only their water was gone and why were those random people out there to steal water? Kehna kya chahre ho bhai? 

Forwarded the song seq caz yes i had no patience too today and the song was so unknown too ajeeb si tune vocalist wala it wasn't  suiting mini's innocence. 

The first 2 scenes were the saving grace. What surprised me was babita not picking on whar is khatkooing mini she is obviously  hurt by the words of kammo and hence that made  her say akhri baar tel and then she just covers it up with mazaak kar rahi thi and babita always buys it  this is the part that i find hard to  beleive  mini can pull this once or twice not everytime and chalo pehle toh babita had no info regarding why mini said that like say in her selection time but now she knows why suddenly mini said it it is in reference  to kammo ki bakwaas it is chubhoing mini making her insecure and question  her own existence yet babita hasn't  taken it as seriously  as she should have i feel. She needs to actually explain it in detail like she has done in past to mini and be like mazaak or no mazaak but listen and listen carefully. Be the strict mommy she needs to put it in mini's head. Aise hi not keep brushing it under. This is where i feel they are lacking . Saara focus bas naach gaane pe hai 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

Agree with most of the things the whole water tanker thing was bizzare not even fun and i didn't  even understand how only their water was gone and why were those random people out there to steal water? Kehna kya chahre ho bhai? 

Forwarded the song seq caz yes i had no patience too today and the song was so unknown too ajeeb si tune vocalist wala it wasn't  suiting mini's innocence. 

The first 2 scenes were the saving grace. What surprised me was babita not picking on whar is khatkooing mini she is obviously  hurt by the words of kammo and hence that made  her say akhri baar tel and then she just covers it up with mazaak kar rahi thi and babita always buys it  this is the part that i find hard to  beleive  mini can pull this once or twice not everytime and chalo pehle toh babita had no info regarding why mini said that like say in her selection time but now she knows why suddenly mini said it it is in reference  to kammo ki bakwaas it is chubhoing mini making her insecure and question  her own existence yet babita hasn't  taken it as seriously  as she should have i feel. She needs to actually explain it in detail like she has done in past to mini and be like mazaak or no mazaak but listen and listen carefully. Be the strict mommy she needs to put it in mini's head. Aise hi not keep brushing it under. This is where i feel they are lacking . Saara focus bas naach gaane pe hai 

Faryyy tu yahaan aa gayi? ðŸ¤—

Tell me I'm not going crazy but they have seriously dropped the ball since yesterday, no? Is this the same level of show that I've binge-watched 200 epis of? Not really. 

And yes, the beginning was the saving grace.....until the Mini-Babita scene, feel tha epi mein....then it nosedived in the second half and I seriously lost interest....which was shocking to me cuz every single epi in my binge-watch aisa kabhi nahin hua ki HS, Mini, Babita kisi frame mein ho and main bored hoon.....but this where we are now.....they are spectators in their own story.....lol 

Babita is in her own head, and randomly over awkward kar diya HS-Babita ko in the haldi scene without building up to it.....Mehendi mein they were making googly eyes at each other and now suddenly two epis later, Babita was more interested in staring at the door than looking at him😕😆......kabhi they are acting like blushing bride and groom.....kabhi randomly disconnected.....kya writing hai yeh bhai? 

Water ka mujhe bhi kuch samajh nahin aaya.....I lost patience by then and started forwarding....lol

And I don't think Babita is thinking about Kammo ki bakwaas at all.....Mini ne achhi acting kar ke cover up kar liya.....bas rasmon ke chaske mein busy hain sab.....too many balls have been dropped at a crucial point in the story for maintaining emotional connect. 

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Oh people absolutely think like this....because it's all about sex....lol ppl presume only sex gives security in a relationship.....everyone's only obsessed with ppl's sex lives....and a child doesn't fit into that discussion so its cast aside. 

Kammo is also hinging her belief on the fact that after a wedding, no matter what the age, ppl jump into a honeymoon period and a child (even a blood relation wala child) is an impediment cuz apparently mother will lose her mind being hormonal in lust and start resenting her child....lol.....and Kammo sees nothing wrong with her choice of words.....lovely😆

The writing has definitely faltered, especially regarding Babita's character arc. I mean today when Mini said "mein mazak karrahi hun". How did Babita buy that? I feel like this is not Babita. Babita in the past has always explained to Mini about things in detail, be it after the court drama, or about love and relationship when Mini asked her what "love" is. Also, on the whole depression track, Babita could see through Mini and the pain she was going through, but all of a sudden, Babita cannot read her own child. Come on, why so much focus on Mini saving and protecting Babita. I am kinda annoyed at the writers for not showing Babita more mature. 

@Bold: Lol exactly. Everyone's super obsessed about Hanita's sex life. Waise bhi they still have time to get there lol. Did you not see how hesitant they were today after everyone left to arrange water? ðŸ¤”.

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

The writing has definitely faltered, especially regarding Babita's character arc. I mean today when Mini said "mein mazak karrahi hun". How did Babita buy that? I feel like this is not Babita. Babita in the past has always explained to Mini about things in detail, be it after the court drama, or about love and relationship when Mini asked her what "love" is. Also, on the whole depression track, Babita could see through Mini and the pain she was going through, but all of a sudden, Babita cannot read her own child. Come on, why so much focus on Mini saving and protecting Babita. I am kinda annoyed at the writers for not showing Babita more mature. 

@Bold: Lol exactly. Everyone's super obsessed about Hanita's sex life. Waise bhi they still have time to get there lol. Did you not see how hesitant they were today after everyone left to arrange water? ðŸ¤”.

LOL I may be in the minority but the writing has faltered beyond just Babita's arc.....they have majorly dropped the ball emotionally since yesterday....it's not just about Babita not being perceptive about things. 

They have faltered in developing HS-Babita as well.....things were going so well with the amrit manthan, the convo from the Roka day......the yeh jeevan hai scene....and now suddenly, they are showing them in a disjointed fashion to portray "awkwardness".

It's not that they can't be awkward....I'm not among the crowd waiting for some romantic scenes all day.....but where is the self-reflection that these characters got at every point in the story? Sab naach gaane mein udd gaya? ðŸ¤”

Without that crucial thing, these scenes are just for token sake. 

I was looking forward to a nice culmination of a high point with the shaadi....but they've messed up in the last stretch....without the emotional anchor, all these pretty clothes and rasmein mean nothing.....the characters feel hollow. 

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Why do I get the feeling that they made some last-minute changes to the script or storyline, resulting in this disjointed editing? 

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Why do I get the feeling that they made some last-minute changes to the script or storyline, resulting in in this disjointed editing? 

They shot the scenes out of order, didn't they?  That might be adding to the disjointed feeling.....most of the focus has been on the logistics of shooting the rasmein rather than maintaining the emotional flow to the level that PB usually does. 

I expect more from this show, hence my disappointment.....this disjointedness and randomness is regular fare in other shows.....but I thought PB was better than that😕

I really don't get what happened after Tuesday.....they were building up so well with the opening of the room......but the momentum is gone.....and the scenes they switched to lacked that emotional impact.