Sept 10th: Kadmon ke nishaan

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

We begin a new journey in today's epi as HS unlocks one among the many locked doors in the haveli and his heart. 

What a beautifully built up scene that was as HS dusts off the cobwebs and revisits his mother's room and her memories again......top notch song choice as always with Sooha Saaha. 

I was struck by the natural casting for his mother as well....she has that classic look of old village ladies....weathered, patient, the kindness reflecting on their faces even as they stoically pose for a photo. And maybe it's just me, but I felt a resemblance between his mother and Babita too.....something in the eyes that has a sense of deja vu. 

It was also noteworthy that the other mother figure in his life - Naeem bi was the one who coaxed him into opening the door.....one mother helping him revisit another.....the way she urged him to replace the memories of his mother's cries with that of Babita's laughter.....this is the path for true catharsis for HS.....as NB rightly put it.....Teri maa tar jaayegi.....your mother's soul will find peace if you can fill this place with Babita's laughter.....and HS vowed that no woman will ever cry in this haveli again. 

Lovely acting from Anirudh in this scene once again. πŸ‘

Mini lovingly cleaning the room and slowly putting HS's mother's old things on the dressing table....a very sweet touch. 

We've talked so many times about the imprints we leave on everything we touch in life.....a glance, a word, an action.....and some of them have far-reaching impacts. Today's "kadmon ke nishaan" moment was indicative of the same......Mini cautioned HS against entering the room with his shoes on because he will leave imprints on the freshly cleaned floor....so he removes his shoes and walks in almost reverently.....then remarks that the imprints have already been made the day Mini and her mother walked into his life and this haveli.....again, a beautifully executed poignant moment.....na kam, na zyada.....just the right amount of dialogues and emotions. 

The other theme being built up in the epi ofcourse is that of an inevitable flashpoint for Mini.....she's so heavily conditioned all her happiness on that of Babes that she has neglected herself in the process.....so Micky keeps warning her that a breaking point is coming.....but Mini being Mini brushes it aside.

Lehenga bhi alter ho gaya, mehendi ka rang bhi chadh gaya.....but will these things guarantee happiness? Micky's question was bang on regarding that.....and I guess it's inevitable that this will come to a head soon. 

And so the mystery of the red lehenga continues to buildπŸ˜†

The last 5 minutes of Jaago kinda felt dragged TBH.....they could have built in some other interactions scenes in b/w rather than non-stop dance....lol....but chalo koi nahin.

Kal Khatri will pull a standard Khatri.....and probably put into motion the next round of emotional issues to work through....Mini will deffo grapple a bit with adjusting to the new reality of her parents needing privacy.....like she even forgot today that they would be moving into a room together.....it's been just her and Babes for so long, it will deffo be an adjustment period....and Khatri's words will guilt trip her about not giving privacy to her parents. 

P.S. Sonyliv is very eager to have Mini decorate Imarti ka room....episode title was wrong on the website todayπŸ˜†.....they can't even keep straight who's room it was....HS ki mom ko Imarti bana diyaπŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Loved this post. I don't get how you and I often read some scenes in an identical manner, e.g. the one with NB and HS or the footprints. Wrote along similar lines in my first impressions post in the ajao saray thread. 

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Reposting here from the other thread:

----

Again some first impressions...

So we finally saw a glimpse of HS' mother. Will she appear in flashbacks too? That lullaby-like song they played as he opened the door, walked in, and went through her belongings. Uff! I can't even describe what I felt then.

His face as he wiped the dust off the frame like he did with Imarti's and hugged the frame as though the little Hanuman was hugging his mother again, the happy tears, the look in his eyes as he walked through the clutter in the room. Aniruddh was wonderful there. The wiping away of the dust on the photo frames, the cobwebs, everything was just wow! I am glad NB was there because she knows all of it, and stepped in to be the mother-son that be needed when he was younger and now too.

HS wanted it to be a new beginning for everyone, including the haveli too, which seems to be a character of its own. He said no woman would cry in this haveli again, but I have a feeling that it is definitely going to happen. He might have sounded like he was referring to Babita after she became his wife but it could be Minnie too. We'll find out later.

Mickey is indeed becoming a junior HS, and there was a lot foreshadowed in his words. His words are becoming harder for her to ignore and she is increasingly uncomfortable with his ability to see right into her mind. Babita will indeed see unhappy moments in her second marriage,  it won't be perfect or fairytale-like but she has to figure it out herself, perhaps with HS.  Minnie can't always troubleshoot for her.

Also, Minnie's going to wonder about her place in her parents' lives, hope Khatri's malicious words don't create insecurity in her mind. As it still she still has a bit of a distance to cover before she can fully accept HS as her father. Hope this doesn't grow.

Glad the CVs are raising this point because it is what happens in real life too, that when people remarry, their children sometimes lose their footing / identity/ place and often struggle to figure out how to adapt to the changing dynamics. In this case though, she is HS' daughter before anything else, even before Babita being her mother. I wonder if the legal aspect will come up any time soon. 

I loved what Mickey said about conditional love between Minnie and Babita. It was bang on. Cut to father-daughter scene. 

Interesting that the keys to his mother's room wasn't part of the bunch he has handed over to Babita when he had proposed. The look on HS and Minnie's faces as he handed her the keys and then when he told her whose room it was. Oh my God! Don't even have words to describe how brilliant that scene was and the emotions father and daughter communicated just through their eyes. She understood the weight of it and his trusting her with something so precious, giving her the keys to another aspect of his past, he understood that she knew what this meant to him and let her know with his hand on her cheek that he was sure that responsibility was in the right hands, in fact for the first time he had haq se given his daughter responsibility for something pertaining to him. 

This was such a beautiful scene, with do many intricate layers, shame I'm short on time to describe it. I just LOVED how he talked about Ma ka adesh to open up the room, referring to Naeem Bi's 'instructions'. That's the place he gives her, and in handing over the keys to Minnie he silently also gave her instructions, to take care of this precious part of his life. Brilliant writing!

The way Minnie's face changed as she said she would decorate the room herself was wonderful. She understood the responsibility and trust he was giving her but also the place he was giving her mother by making this their room after the wedding. Some scenes just cannot be expressed in words and done justice to. This is one of them. I'm just in awe of the screenplay here. Kudos! And Minnie dear, just like you, we too didn't know that door led to a room. HS' words about how he had locked up many secrets sounded ominous. Can't wait to discover them.

I had talked about the hand to cheek thing yesterday but today it was taken to a whole other level. From his 'adopted' mother who loves dearly to him, and then from him to the daughter that he has pretty much 'adopted' as his own. So much emotion passed from one generation to another, from a mother who shared no DNA with her son but taught him how to love a child in spite of it to the son who shared no DNA with his daughter but began to love her in spite of it too. With emotion there was also the passing of instructions from parent to child. 

The dialog about Minnie's qadam was monumental. She's the harbinger of change and hope in the family, a new generation, a new beginning. Just like she cleaned the clutter in her parents' lives, she cleaned the clutter in the room to bring in a new start. HS not walking in with his soiled shoes, rather with his bare feet to connect to the new clean room, which had been washed of the dirt of darkness and neglect, so that he could literally feel the newness and freshness now introduced into the room and into his life through his daughter's efforts. 

Photos that were once left aside were now proudly hanging on the wall where they belonged. As with Imarti's memories and photo frame, Minnie wiped these clean so that the real picture was visible, as will many other things in future. So many feels in that scene. I wish I weren't traveling -  there's so much I want to write about it. 

I will again commend the CVs on the way they are unraveling the mysteries of the haveli, revealing hitherto unseen rooms and stories. That room wasn't added overnight. The CVs had always had it in mind but were hiding it until the right time came, 180+ episodes later. How much homework they have done on these characters and their back stories!!! Very impressive!

I think we might get HS in full father mode tomorrow thanks to Khatri. He has claimed to be her father in a religious setting and for admin purposes at the hospital. If the jagoo is an event to announce an upcoming alliance in society then what better way occasion than this to declare that he isn't just marrying Babita, he's marrying the mother of his daughter, that he is her father above and before all else. In the past we've seen HS stand up mostly for Babita but this time it will be for Minnie. 

Khatri's going to be in trouble - he chose the wrong fight to pick. I want to see HS beat him to a pulp for his words, but I doubt he'll do that because it's the wedding festivities. Who the heck invited Khatri anyway? I would also love it if Kammo shuts him up in front of everyone, but the underlying question Khatri asked, as rude as it may have been, still holds. What will her place be after the wedding? What will HS' role be as a father officially? For that matter will it become official at all? I think the next major track might focus on Minnie and how her parents stand United with her. 

Again the jagoo was shot in a way that I just couldn't connect to it. Frankly all these festivities are depicted in  way that makes them seem out of place for PB. Not sure why. Hope the wedding itself won't be so.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Loved this post. I don't get how you and I often read some scenes in an identical manner, e.g. the one with NB and HS or the footprints. Wrote along similar lines in my first impressions post in the ajao saray thread. 

Thank you.

I'm not able to follow the discussion in the other thread because I watch the episode much later in the evening US time, so I write my impressions whenever I get time. The discussions in that thread move too fast for me to keep up with especially because I avoid spoilers before watching. lol 

rivaanvira thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Thank you.

I'm not able to follow the discussion in the other thread because I watch the episode much later in the evening US time, so I write my impressions whenever I get time. The discussions in that thread move too fast for me to keep up with especially because I avoid spoilers before watching. lol 

LOL there are very few discussions that happens in other thread .. we r mostly spamming .. πŸ˜‰

BTW, welcome padosan .. 

AreYaar thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzUmTp6apx8

The song used in the scene when HS enters his mother's room was "Sooha Saaha" from Highway.

Coincidentally, the character in the movie this song is picturized on is also Haryanvi...and this song is also about him revisiting memories of his mother and a painful childhood. 

So quite a nice choice from the makers for HS's scene today. 

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: rivaanvira

LOL there are very few discussions that happens in other thread .. we r mostly spamming .. πŸ˜‰

BTW, welcome padosan .. 

Padosan matlab? You're also in the US timezone kya? πŸ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

I will again commend the CVs on the way they are unraveling the mysteries of the haveli, revealing hitherto unseen rooms and stories. That room wasn't added overnight. The CVs had always had it in mind but were hiding it until the right time came, 180+ episodes later. How much homework they have done on these characters and their back stories!!! Very impressive! 

This thought struck me as well while watching....it took them nearly 200 episodes to open the door of a room that has existed since almost day one for this haveli set.....and the thought just floored me for the attention to detail and planning.....writers who can plan THIS far ahead and not rush their story for the sake of cheap TRP gimmicks...writers who open each chapter gradually, savoringly, let us soak in every emotion thoroughly....such writers deserve HS wala salute meri taraf se.

Khatri's going to be in trouble - he chose the wrong fight to pick. I want to see HS beat him to a pulp for his words, but I doubt he'll do that because it's the wedding festivities. Who the heck invited Khatri anyway? I would also love it if Kammo shuts him up in front of everyone, but the underlying question Khatri asked, as rude as it may have been, still holds. What will her place be after the wedding? What will HS' role be as a father officially? For that matter will it become official at all? I think the next major track might focus on Minnie and how her parents stand United with her. 

LOL Khatri ko toh mohalle ke saath mass invite de diya hoga.....TBH he's just a catalyst for many storyline points....the writers use him quite smartly and the actor playing him does a good job of his creepy funny character....lol 

All things will come to pass in good time....I anticipate the legal questions arising soon....HS officially adopting her and giving her his name legally as his daughter....this is all in build up for that as people try to question Mini's place in the family now simply cuz HS-Babita have married.....as always, this bond will weather all storms and emerge stronger, deeper than ever. Mini is the thread that binds everything for HS and Babita.....always has, always will. 

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago
rivaanvira thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Padosan matlab? You're also in the US timezone kya? πŸ˜†

Haan ji EST

rivaanvira thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzUmTp6apx8

The song used in the scene when HS enters his mother's room was "Sooha Saaha" from Highway.

Coincidentally, the character in the movie this song is picturized on is also Haryanvi...and this song is also about him revisiting memories of his mother and a painful childhood. 

So quite a nice choice from the makers for HS's scene today. 

It was a deja Vu moment for me because yesterday I was talking about the scene where mahabir is reminded of his mother.. and that song played in my head .. 

Felt a pain in my heart