Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Trisolaris thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Look beyond the headline. Lata is just telling aspiring singers to create their own mark and identity. 

Lata has a tendency to be egotistic. She has been hostile to newcomers. But in this case, she is giving real sage advice. 

I'll end this post by telling you a joke. 

Charlie Chaplin was at a dinner party. He put on a great show by mimicking various figures. He ended the show by belting out a beautiful aria. Everyone was stunned. They went up and congratulated him for his beautiful singing voice. Charlie Chaplin was very confused though. He looked at everyone with a dead set expression and said "That was my Pavoratti impression."

I feel so uncultured about having to google to get that reference. 

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Wow. Itna achieve kar liya life mein so what's the use of putting someone down like this. People like Ranu don't get to see appreciation and self sufficient good days in life so if someone's life is getting better in whichever way what's this need to bring them down. Lata has always been such a megalomaniac. 

Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Just let that poor woman enjoy her fame...if nothing her vocals deserve it...it is so petty to even say something of this sort and it doesn’t matter if you cover up the pettiness with an unsolicited advice...what will she do sitting at a railway station? Sing the classic song in another tune? basically compose her own tune? Even you sang the songs based on the musicians guidance n composition...It is sad to see that people who have been such high achievers can’t handle others’ happiness...sometimes it is totally okay to just say “well done” and be done with it.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

am I the only one who has not heard a single minute of Ranu??

And Lata us talking too ideally, array bhai Ranu thori na career start kar rahi hai lol.

Edited by Thug-Leader - 4 years ago
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Its lonely at the top and the fear of slipping away brings out the worst in people. She is the prime example of it. The one who created obstacles for her own siblings..what more can be expected of such person.! Though the gist of what she is saying is valid...coming from her it looks more like an insult.

Edited by Khai_R_Haagi - 4 years ago

Edited by Khai_R_Haagi - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

am I the only one who has not heard a single minute of Ranu??

And Lata us talking too ideally, array bhai Ranu thori na career start kar rahi hai lol.

Me 

I only have seen pics of her n story from here there 

LiveLifeHonest thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I don't know what was truly her intention behind saying this, but she made a valid point. Individuality is needed to stand out in any music industry. 

Originally posted by: Tippy-top

If we look at singers like Suman Kalyanpuri, Shardha, Momtaz Begum, Hemlatha, Anuradha Paudwal, about all these singers, Lata  used to call them her imitators. Shreya Ghoshal  singing style comes quite close to Anuradha Paudwal, but we can't call her as imitator. Anuradha was the only one who raised her voice against Lata for putting such imitator blames on female singers and indulging in monopoly, that led many music directors to avoid her so they didn't have to face the wrath of Lata.

Lata is the beginning, worked with many great composers from close for more than 40 years and her voice is just an inspiration for other singers to develop on their own, but the one who gets more and more new songs with good music will become hit among the masses.

Infact, for her very first song Aayega aane wala, Lata was made to sing in Shamshad begam style by composers. 

Shreya Ghoshal is nothing in front of Kavita Krishnamurthy.she can't touch her range...that's one legendary singer who never got her real due...