Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: ingenuity

I am guessing it will be explored when they decide to tell Kunal he isn't Meenu's son? He and Abir have the same dad so that guy probably left them because Meenakshi wss ready to adopt Kunal and he was offended or something that she'd want to remind him of his mistakes? His sadness and wanderer tendencies seemed to vanish because he noe considers Mishti home? He knows a lot about Mishti but Mishti actually knows nothing about his life before he met her. He knows how she thinks but she only knows that he supports and trusts her. She is yet to learn these things and they will hopefully give us that too.

They are going to spend a lot of time winning over their families' belief in their relationship. Sabko manana hai. Convince and charm the Maheshwaris, have long arguments with Meenakshi while also dodging all bullets she shoots. About a week of all the romance we are being given spoilers for and then lots of planning and plotting coming our way😆

@bold: Exactly....you summed it up - He knows how she thinks and she knows that he supports her....but they BOTH actually don't know a lot about each other.....Yes, Mishti doesn't know much about his past re: his father and his mother's issues, his wanderer tendencies.....but even he doesn't know about her weird equation with Kuhu.....they both brush things under the carpet or switch to "Angry chorni - ajeeb rajvansh" banter whenever there is a hint of having proper conversations on these topics....everything gets sidetracked in current family crises rather than talking about deeper things.....lol 

So let's see if the writers get around to exploring that.....maybe these will be small sidetrack conversations in the larger never-ending Meenu and co. drama that will be the backdrop of everything....lol 

This show is like an attempt to do a "hum saath saath hain" with progressive characters....lol.....so we have new age gyaan alongside the age old trope of pyar se sabko manaa lo.....the thought is noble....but at the same time, a lot of misbehavior from certain characters is whitewashed in the name of "family hain, toh koi baat nahin, hum samjha lenge, manaa lenge"....that is not the solution beyond a point.....if misbehavior doesn't have accountability, you are only kicking a can down the road....it will come back to haunt this illusion of familial harmony in a bad way.....a lot of the familial relationships in this show are toxic....and toxic relationships aren't overcome just by brushing them under the carpet and giving pyar ka gyaan. 

EtTuBrutus thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

@bold: Exactly....you summed it up - He knows how she thinks and she knows that he supports her....but they BOTH actually don't know a lot about each other.....Yes, Mishti doesn't know much about his past re: his father and his mother's issues, his wanderer tendencies.....but even he doesn't know about her weird equation with Kuhu.....they both brush things under the carpet or switch to "Angry chorni - ajeeb rajvansh" banter whenever there is a hint of having proper conversations on these topics....everything gets sidetracked in current family crises rather than talking about deeper things.....lol 

So let's see if the writers get around to exploring that.....maybe these will be small sidetrack conversations in the larger never-ending Meenu and co. drama that will be the backdrop of everything....lol 

This show is like an attempt to do a "hum saath saath hain" with progressive characters....lol.....so we have new age gyaan alongside the age old trope of pyar se sabko manaa lo.....the thought is noble....but at the same time, a lot of misbehavior from certain characters is whitewashed in the name of "family hain, toh koi baat nahin, hum samjha lenge, manaa lenge"....that is not the solution beyond a point.....if misbehavior doesn't have accountability, you are only kicking a can down the road....it will come back to haunt this illusion of familial harmony in a bad way.....a lot of the familial relationships in this show are toxic....and toxic relationships aren't overcome just by brushing them under the carpet and giving pyar ka gyaan. 

Bang on. Meenakshi's definition of relationships and unity is so toxic she needs therapy. Kunal is messed up too and is so ill-equipped at handling rejections. Mishti and Kuhu's relationship is also toxic in a way. Ditto with Parul and Meenu. It almost borders on abuse. Abir babysitting Kunal is super weird too. Since its a daily soap, I dont really have hopes of them acknowledging that any of these relationships are toxic. But I really hope these characters are called out at some point. I hope these characters show actual growth and don't randomly progress or regress depending on the need of the track. Also am almost sure they will explore Abir's tendency to run away at some point. Mishti has no idea about this trait of Abir and I feel it will definitely be explored once this KuKu drama is settled (which will take a while 😆). As far as the rest is concerned, one can only hope since its a Rajan Shahi show on Star Plus 😆

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: EtTuBrutus

Bang on. Meenakshi's definition of relationships and unity is so toxic she needs therapy. Kunal is messed up too and is so ill-equipped at handling rejections. Mishti and Kuhu's relationship is also toxic in a way. Ditto with Parul and Meenu. It almost borders on abuse. Abir babysitting Kunal is super weird too. Since its a daily soap, I dont really have hopes of them acknowledging that any of these relationships are toxic. But I really hope these characters are called out at some point. I hope these characters show actual growth and don't randomly progress or regress depending on the need of the track. Also am almost sure they will explore Abir's tendency to run away at some point. Mishti has no idea about this trait of Abir and I feel it will definitely be explored once this KuKu drama is settled (which will take a while 😆). As far as the rest is concerned, one can only hope since its a Rajan Shahi show on Star Plus 😆

Yep, most of the family relationships in this show are abusive in the guise of "discipline" or "tough-love".....Meenu is openly abusive and manipulative with most of them but they all brush it under the carpet or take it in stride rather than letting her feel any ramifications for what she does.....lol

Abir sees and unsees most of what Kunal does....it only bothers him for brief moments before he moves on, finds an excuse to rationalize it and keeps hoping that one day Kunal will magically learn to behave.....lol

Re: Kuhu....nobody in her family even acknowledges her misbehavior....everything gets brushed aside in her supposedly being "nasamajh"....so what you don't acknowledge, where do you even begin to improve? lol.....life alone is supposed to teach her through "hard knocks"?  That's pretty presumptive.....not everyone reacts to hard knocks the same way, especially when they've spent their whole life being self absorbed and petulant. 

I don't expect much growth.....the characters in the parent show seem to be doing the progress/regress immaturity and petulance cycle to this day despite supposedly being parents now.....LOL....so ismein bhi wohi sab hoga. The premise is supposedly is that all relationships are complicated but love overcomes all hatred, fights, hurt.....this is a severe oversimplification.....some people are fundamentally wired towards manipulation and meglomania....allowing such people to continuously get away with anything in the guise of "we just need to stick together as family" is never a solution.....such people ultimately grow into monsters who devour their own flesh and blood without hesitation. 

The writers may pick up random things from fan discussions but so far, they haven't executed any of these relationships with depth....be it Abir-Kunal or Kuhu-Mishti....it's all surface level without actual growth....everything gets covered up with "oh we love each other somehow".....lol 

EtTuBrutus thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Yep, most of the family relationships in this show are abusive in the guise of "discipline" or "tough-love".....Meenu is openly abusive and manipulative with most of them but they all brush it under the carpet or take it in stride rather than letting her feel any ramifications for what she does.....lol

Abir sees and unsees most of what Kunal does....it only bothers him for brief moments before he moves on, finds an excuse to rationalize it and keeps hoping that one day Kunal will magically learn to behave.....lol

Re: Kuhu....nobody in her family even acknowledges her misbehavior....everything gets brushed aside in her supposedly being "nasamajh"....so what you don't acknowledge, where do you even begin to improve? lol.....life alone is supposed to teach her through "hard knocks"?  That's pretty presumptive.....not everyone reacts to hard knocks the same way, especially when they've spent their whole life being self absorbed and petulant. 

I don't expect much growth.....the characters in the parent show seem to be doing the progress/regress immaturity and petulance cycle to this day despite supposedly being parents now.....LOL....so ismein bhi wohi sab hoga. The premise is supposedly is that all relationships are complicated but love overcomes all hatred, fights, hurt.....this is a severe oversimplification.....some people are fundamentally wired towards manipulation and meglomania....allowing such people to continuously get away with anything in the guise of "we just need to stick together as family" is never a solution.....such people ultimately grow into monsters who devour their own flesh and blood without hesitation. 

The writers may pick up random things from fan discussions but so far, they haven't executed any of these relationships with depth....be it Abir-Kunal or Kuhu-Mishti....it's all surface level without actual growth....everything gets covered up with "oh we love each other somehow".....lol 

Honestly, am hoping Abir gets a reality check once Kunal's whole truth is out. Will take a while before that happens but when he gets to know his brother was okay with using a girl's feelings and ditching her at the last moment/completely happy with the idea of alienating Mishti from her family just to separate her from his brother, he will run out of excuses to rationalize his behaviour (and it can't just be about his evil mom's manipulations anymore). Call me foolish for still having hope but I feel like Abir will finally call out Kunal when the entire truth is out 😆 However pathetic and abusive Meenakshi is, its almost unfair that Abir blames her entirely even for Kunal's transgressions 🤣Kunal is not a kid. Abir and Kunal will progress beyond the babysitting only when Abir finally acknowledges this.

Regarding Kunal, again I have hopes that he will finally get a reality check once his birth truth is out. He may go the other extreme though and start hating both Meenu and Abir and further victimize himself but am hoping that eventually leads to him growing up. 

Ditto with Kuhu. They actually have material to show how she grows up from being a spoilt, petulant brat. A lot of brats who grow up in sheltered pampered environments and who end up getting married in a whim eventually grow up after facing the harsh realities of life. I want the writers to give her that growth instead of just making her more and more petty and insensitive.

Its actually weird and overtly optimistic that am expecting all this out of a prime time daily soap on Star Plus. Apart from AM, there is frankly a lot of material here for interesting drama if only they can think beyond the lame planning and plotting and making Meenakshi use everyone as puppets to settle scores with Mishti. I guess one can only hope 😆

Edited by EtTuBrutus - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: EtTuBrutus

Regarding Kunal, again I have hopes that he will finally get a reality check once his birth truth is out. He may go the other extreme though and start hating both Meenu and Abir and further victimize himself but am hoping that eventually leads to him growing up. 

Ditto with Kuhu. They actually have material to show how she grows up from being a spoilt, petulant brat. A lot of brats who grow up in sheltered pampered environments and who end up getting married in a whim eventually grow up after facing the harsh realities of life. I want the writers to give her that growth instead of just making her more and more petty and insensitive.

Its actually weird and overtly optimistic that am expecting all this out of a prime time daily soap on Star Plus. Apart from AM, there is frankly a lot of material here for interesting drama if only they can think beyond the lame planning and plotting and making Meenakshi use everyone as puppets to settle scores with Mishti. I guess one can only hope 😆

I personally don’t think the poor writing for Kunal and Kuhu is because of this being a prime time SP soap. The writing is bad, period. The writers would write it this way even if this was a 7pm show cuz they are convinced in their heads that they are showing Kunal-Kuhu as “layered” characters....this is why their behavior is whitewashed by the leads as well...that is the perspective of the writers coming across. 

So to expect that perspective will magically change and they will start acknowledging the misbehavior is definitely extra optimistic on your part 😆

Kunal is an asshole. Period. Facing an identity crisis over being illegitimate or whatever himself isn’t going to magically grant him empathy and respect for women. Because the writers have only reserved that so called “positive” side of his for Abir, and even with Abir, he acts entitled. He essentially turns into a monster the moment things are out of his control. This is the guy you think is going to find redemption on learning of his illegitimate birth which would be the ultimate loss of control? 😂. And Abir - Lol he has also been written to fundamentally make excuses for his family - when he still manages to keep softening towards Meenu intermittently despite her monster behavior, what makes you think he’ll hold a long term grudge against Kunal? 🤷‍♀️😂

And ditto for Kuhu. Yes, some brats find perspective after hard knocks from life but Kuhu has already seen plenty of hard knocks from Kunal and not gotten any perspective🤷‍♀️  The delusion is strong with this one 😂

Some people cannot face reality, period. Their imaginary fantasy world is their coping mechanism. Going through more shocks isn’t gonna shake her out of her delusion, would likely only make her retreat deeper into paranoia to cope. I know some people here want to imagine a lot of potential in Kuhu simply cuz she bakes a cake once in a while for Mishti....lol but those one off scenes aren’t gonna change the fundamental character....her petulance and self absorption is a mainstay. If the writers intended to evolve her beyond that, there were plenty of opportunities before this...so no, this will remain a basic backdrop. 

The writers actually think just singing “Yeh rishte hain pyar ke” solves and excuses everything in this show 🤷‍♀️😂 ....including outright abusive and criminal behavior from so called “layered” characters 🙄😂

This is why I’d rather only talk about AM. The rest of them are a hopeless lot and this show isn’t going to amount to anything on that front. 

adni143 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I personally don’t think the poor writing for Kunal and Kuhu is because of this being a prime time SP soap. The writing is bad, period. The writers would write it this way even if this was a 7pm show cuz they are convinced in their heads that they are showing Kunal-Kuhu as “layered” characters....this is why their behavior is whitewashed by the leads as well...that is the perspective of the writers coming across. 

So to expect that perspective will magically change and they will start acknowledging the misbehavior is definitely extra optimistic on your part 😆

Kunal is an asshole. Period. Facing an identity crisis over being illegitimate or whatever himself isn’t going to magically grant him empathy and respect for women. Because the writers have only reserved that so called “positive” side of his for Abir, and even with Abir, he acts entitled. He essentially turns into a monster the moment things are out of his control. This is the guy you think is going to find redemption on learning of his illegitimate birth which would be the ultimate loss of control? 😂. And Abir - Lol he has also been written to fundamentally make excuses for his family - when he still manages to keep softening towards Meenu intermittently despite her monster behavior, what makes you think he’ll hold a long term grudge against Kunal? 🤷‍♀️😂

And ditto for Kuhu. Yes, some brats find perspective after hard knocks from life but Kuhu has already seen plenty of hard knocks from Kunal and not gotten any perspective🤷‍♀️  The delusion is strong with this one 😂

Some people cannot face reality, period. Their imaginary fantasy world is their coping mechanism. Going through more shocks isn’t gonna shake her out of her delusion, would likely only make her retreat deeper into paranoia to cope. I know some people here want to imagine a lot of potential in Kuhu simply cuz she bakes a cake once in a while for Mishti....lol but those one off scenes aren’t gonna change the fundamental character....her petulance and self absorption is a mainstay. If the writers intended to evolve her beyond that, there were plenty of opportunities before this...so no, this will remain a basic backdrop. 

The writers actually think just singing “Yeh rishte hain pyar ke” solves and excuses everything in this show 🤷‍♀️😂 ....including outright abusive and criminal behavior from so called “layered” characters 🙄😂

This is why I’d rather only talk about AM. The rest of them are a hopeless lot and this show isn’t going to amount to anything on that front. 

AM even r no saint

the biggest flaw in them not ready to see their own mistake and excuse them with reasoning

mishti was nice character till confrontation with kuhu now she has even got kuhumania and abir is atleast now behaving normal calling out kunal on his missbehaviour but he even is selective

dont know what writer want to show through leads in every indian daily soap that u can excuse your family wrong doing in the name that not to break family or break other hearts

and both AM is like that only hiding things solving problem and taking all blame

mishti never called out kunal on his bad behaviour she always blame herself that she could have handled situation in better way and in her persepective kunal was not wrong or missbehaved with her in courtship and in courtship only we got to know her girgirane wali tendency despite kunal rejecting and abusing her she wanted the rishta 

adni143 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

the only positive thing somewhat is just mishbir not even abir mishti individually although they have flaws of not sharing things 

but atleast they have not fought till now like other couple support each other understand each other without even saying and hope mishti not again not try to sacrifice or even abir

ingenuity thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Right. They have a lot to know about each other. They love each other but they've barely scratched the surface with who the other person ACTUALLY is. They'll probably never got to talk about these things because the family drama is going to be a constant, even if they aren't 😆

Yes, that is the essence of the show. It is cute but like you said, some of the relations are very toxic. They keep brushing things off and never address the issues which, in practice, is very harmful.