Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: SStephy

Nice gifs!!

I liked how they kept the airport scene simple... with Abir joining Mishti on the floor and then picking her up in his arms. And I'm glad that the actual confession happened in the temple. That part was just so soothing.

Word....simplicity is rarely valued on ITV so it was heartening to see a scene that kept it simple and focused on emotion instead of a long list of cliched dialogues.....the focus on the gestures and emotions in this scene really elevated it. 

The temple scene had a mix of all the shades of AM's relationship....the banter, the jokes, the honest conversations, and ultimately a sense of partnership....the portion when they are just sitting on the steps of the mandir and watching a wedding in the distance.....again, a simple scene executed without any loud taam jhaam....complimented by Abir's shaayari....and that is why it worked. Ofcourse this is if I zone out all the faltu KuKu mandap drama that was being inserted in between๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: melliflous

Mishti-Abir confession pulled me back to the forum too. You have expressed that scene exactly the way in which the audiences connected and the reason why it was so different! Thanks for the post and the beautiful gifs. The scene indeed was high on emotions without ott dialogues. The direction, dialogues and acting has been great!

So refreshing to watch a love Like that!

Thank you, and you've put it beautifully as well! :) The scene was indeed high on emotions rather than OTT dialogues. 

AM have indeed managed to build a rare kind of equation on TV....full marks to the writing, acting and directing team on this.....they all have come together to portray this love very nicely....for me, the fundamental underlying trait that still keeps me watching the show for them is the conversations between them in all kinds of flavors....whether they are talking about each other or their families, whether it's random playfulness or more serious discussions about gender norms and equations in desi society....they chart it all in a refreshing way....they have managed to portray it naturally :)

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: melliflous

Beautiful! Shayaris o the shayaris. One of the biggest assets of this show for me! Abirโ€™s have faith in your love ... amazing !

Word....the shaayaris are so amazingly lovely and poignant....dil ko chhoo lene waali har baar.....so aptly written to express the emotion of a scene.....

Abir is definitely the more hopeful and optimistic of the two when it comes to faith in their love....it was a simple line in a sense...."Rakh bharosa pyar par....hum woh ghar banaa lenge"....but even that simple line made a powerful impact because it spoke to that emotion of building a home....and building it with faith :)

SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Word....simplicity is rarely valued on ITV so it was heartening to see a scene that kept it simple and focused on emotion instead of a long list of cliched dialogues.....the focus on the gestures and emotions in this scene really elevated it. 

The temple scene had a mix of all the shades of AM's relationship....the banter, the jokes, the honest conversations, and ultimately a sense of partnership....the portion when they are just sitting on the steps of the mandir and watching a wedding in the distance.....again, a simple scene executed without any loud taam jhaam....complimented by Abir's shaayari....and that is why it worked. Ofcourse this is if I zone out all the faltu KuKu mandap drama that was being inserted in between๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

@bold: This was a nice touch. And it was so much better that they were watching this probable genuine shaadi than the sham that KuKu shaadi is. I was pleasantly surprised that the creatives actually let AM skip most of the KuKu shaadi, considering that the major portion of this show is about KuKu and all other drama.

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: SStephy

@bold: This was a nice touch. And it was so much better that they were watching this probable genuine shaadi than the sham that KuKu shaadi is. I was pleasantly surprised that the creatives actually let AM skip most of the KuKu shaadi, considering that the major portion of this show is about KuKu and all other drama.

KuKu themselves are a sham only toh sham hi shaadi bhi milni thi...apt hai๐Ÿ˜†

Agreed....it was nice that AM got to witness a genuine wedding instead....probably a short reprieve for them....baaki zindagi KuKu shaadi drama sambhaalne mein hi guzaarenge ab sab log๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†

Whatever the reason, I'm also thankful the creatives gave AM this much time to themselves before returning to the thankless circus....lol

ingenuity thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

AY! Seeing you after so long since the last I saw your posts was on the IB forum๐Ÿ˜†

I have always loved your thoughts when it comes to the romance aspect because I sort of love everything I am offered. But truly, Mishti and Abir have been carved so beautifully, creating something very unique for ITV. Their conversations are one of the best things about their relationship.

Their relief was so evident. Like you mentioned, she kept saying "Abir" and slowly went down on her knees, so happy to see him actually come. Same goes for him slowly realising that she was actually there. The change of emotions played out so beautifully on his face. They just sat there, taking in the other's presence at the airport, relieved that the other was not far away like they were expecting. 

Them walking out with those proud little smiles was the cutest.๐Ÿ˜† The confession also played out so naturally. Both knew what was to come and when they sat on the steps, just smiling and turning away, addressing all the possible issues they'd have to face but the ream of the house is so welcoming, they are ready to fight for it. They truly are each other's strength and support system. Their promises are so much more than I love you's.

And then those parallels to the actual wedding. They are in a deeper commitment and relationship without any actual 'rasams' while Kuhu and Kunal, despite everything are nowhere near them. 

Thanks for the lovely post! Hope to see you more, since it also means such beautiful AM scenes๐Ÿ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: ingenuity

AY! Seeing you after so long since the last I saw your posts was on the IB forum๐Ÿ˜†

I have always loved your thoughts when it comes to the romance aspect because I sort of love everything I am offered. But truly, Mishti and Abir have been carved so beautifully, creating something very unique for ITV. Their conversations are one of the best things about their relationship.

Their relief was so evident. Like you mentioned, she kept saying "Abir" and slowly went down on her knees, so happy to see him actually come. Same goes for him slowly realising that she was actually there. The change of emotions played out so beautifully on his face. They just sat there, taking in the other's presence at the airport, relieved that the other was not far away like they were expecting. 

Them walking out with those proud little smiles was the cutest.๐Ÿ˜† The confession also played out so naturally. Both knew what was to come and when they sat on the steps, just smiling and turning away, addressing all the possible issues they'd have to face but the ream of the house is so welcoming, they are ready to fight for it. They truly are each other's strength and support system. Their promises are so much more than I love you's.

And then those parallels to the actual wedding. They are in a deeper commitment and relationship without any actual 'rasams' while Kuhu and Kunal, despite everything are nowhere near them. 

Thanks for the lovely post! Hope to see you more, since it also means such beautiful AM scenes๐Ÿ˜†

Hello :) Did we converse in the IB forum? Apologies, I can't seem to recall your UN....

Thank you for the kind words :)  

@bold: Beautifully said๐Ÿ‘.....the way they just absorbed each other's presence for a bit before even saying anything else was another nice touch in the scene. I like the way they have built their equation as a support system and not just a typical one, but a progressive one that challenges gender norms and what is considered "acceptable" or "typical" of either of their genders. 

They are in love but much before that, they've committed to supporting each other through thick and thin....and surprisingly, even falling in love hasn't changed that.....in many cases it does....cuz love brings a different set of expectations than friendship. 

Let's see how Abir-Mishti navigate that.....they are already going into this with a high bar for each other....Abir has demonstrated tremendous trust and faith in Mishti even in the face of horrible situations.....Mishti herself is surprised to see that someone can have that much faith in her against all odds....it's likely this faith will be tested again and again given the long list of ungrateful people in their lives.  Let's see if they can stay the course and win over everyone as Abir is so optimistically hoping๐Ÿ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail

Thoughts on the AM scenes from the maha-episode:

1) The follow-up to the "I love you's"....again, it was nice that they kept it simple and conversational....Abir teasingly asked Mishti to repeat what she just said but she's like, "Tumne kuch suna nahin, toh maine kuch kaha bhi nahin".....๐Ÿ˜†

Then the switch to the solemn....Abir saying that this baat has actually been said and heard many times before....acknowledging that the words themselves were a formality by this point since they had both expressed it many other ways before. 

2) When Mishti gets in the mood to praise Abir, he has to switch to playing the joker to diffuse the whole moment....lol the way he switched to calling himself a complete package....from Zoya Akhtar ki movies ka modern outlook + Barjatya movies ke sanksaar + Yash Raj movies ka glamour๐Ÿ˜†.....and Mishti immediately switched to rolling her eyes at his nautanki instead of staying in her senti zone.....haha

3) Abir-Mishti may be aware that Meenu will try to sabotage them but both of them are avoiding direct discussion and downplaying some things.....like when Abir asked her if his mother had asked her to say all those things....Mishti just brushed it off, not revealing in full detail the level of torture Meenu inflicted on her....and Abir himself is hiding from Mishti the fact that Kunal ditched Kuhu at the shaadi and ran away.....lol 

4) Despite all this, Abir atleast is most focused on the fact that their love won over Meenu's scheming yet again....lol he's taking heart from that and trying to express the same to Mishti when she feels wary of becoming the cause for tension and tamasha......I liked how Abir was like....hone do naraaz, bigadne do baat.....who cares๐Ÿ˜†

Another nice set of dialogues in this scene....as Abir talked about people always pointing fingers at them for the path they will choose....moreso at Mishti since she is a girl.....but all the hate in the world ultimately is defeated at the hands of love.....

"ilzaam lagaane waale chaahe hazaaron log ho

agar saath dene wala ek bhi ho na....toh woh hazaaron pe bhaari padta hai"

Basically from this point on, AM have gone into DDLJ mode.....lol ab yeh apno ko JEETENGE jaise Raj ne Bauji ko jeeta tha๐Ÿ˜†

The thought is noble....but they are dealing with a very unscrupulous lot here๐Ÿ˜• so we shall see how it goes....lol

5) The pendant scene....again, a scene that could go a very cliched route turned out surprisingly well....for a couple of reason.....a) Abir gifted her the pendant not just as a token of his love, but as a token of his faith in her and by extension, wanting her to have that same faith in herself.....by gifting her a pendant with a mirror in which she can see herself in any moment of doubt and rise above that self doubt, to instead draw strength from her own self....what a lovely thought.....and b) Abir once again expressing how he marvels over her ability to solve any problem she comes across.....his faith in her bolsters her own faith in herself whenever she experiences doubt.....isn't that what the best version of a partnership can be? 

He has so much faith in her ability to solve any problem and she has so much faith in him to do the same....together they lift each other up. 

All of this was complimented beautifully by the Saathiya song.....๐Ÿ‘

Aanchal15 thumbnail

Thank you :) Haha I'll try my best to visit more often. 

It's amazing that AM have managed to have an organic journey to this point๐Ÿ˜Š.

The significance of colors in their journey came full circle....from this scene:

to this:

My sentiments exactly .. Thank you ! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™You should visit more often ! And I adore your Gifs..

Aanchal15 thumbnail

I feel like I land up here randomly once a month now....that's when a scene manages to move me enough to gif it๐Ÿ˜†

So finally Abir-Mishti have managed to make it to the all important confession episode....and an airport confession, no less. 

What stood out for me though beyond the typical ways such a scene can go in....the introduction of the element of a Mishti feeling overwhelmed enough to just collapse to the floor....the way she kept repeating his name..."Abir" through her tears....that set the tone for the emotional quotient of the scene....for it wasn't really about the euphoria of some Prince Charming supposedly swooping in to save the day.....the scene instead became about feeling humbled in love....Mishti had struggled for many days with now with trying to leave....until the very last moment, Abir's voice, his presence kept drawing her back towards him....until finally this moment when she returns, gives in to this overwhelming feeling she has been battling for so long....humbles herself, falls to her feet and submits to love. 

And then there is Abir on the other end....equally overwhelmed and grateful, as well...for he too had battled long and hard to get to this point.....and had thought he may have lost her after all....until a miracle occurred somehow and he found her again.....so there was gratitude in his tears....a gratitude he expressed to the Krishna murti before he walked over to her. 

This scene honestly was really nicely directed....๐Ÿ‘....props to the whole team....from the writing, direction, to the acting....they all nailed it.....

I also liked the way Abir walked over and fell to his knees as well, the way he took her hands and just bowed over them in relief....such a different touch....you could palpably feel his sense of relief, gratitude and overwhelmed love in that moment....so grateful that she was actually in front of his eyes, that he didn't lose her. 

The hug itself, the crack about the height difference....lol and the hand in hand walking out of the lounge.....all nice, hatke touches....lol most confessions would have fully wrapped up with a big speech in the lounge....instead, Abir helped her pick up her purse and walk out of there....saving the actual words for later๐Ÿ˜†

You have summed it up perfectly ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘and I absolutely love your Gifs ๐Ÿ’•