Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: The_May_Rose

Anywhere... He has try a last minute secret meeting or date, as we have seen in countless films and shows. 😆

I wished that Faiz had stayed alive long enough for all four to go out with out the elders knowing.  Imagine Noor and Azaan exchanging childhood stories with their would be spouses.  They could have escaped from the house with Saba's help...

Writers thought better. 😛

I liked Faiz, he shouldn't have died 

NoraSM thumbnail

Appreciate the update Nora. 

Seems like a good episode not only due to ShaZaan's closeness but their scenes seems poignant and will hopefully push Shayra towards more sense, no matter what happens later...

They need to experience the pain of loosing each other so they can fight for their love.  Azaan needs to express his frustration, anger to make Shayra realise she is wrong...

Razia's scene was worth watching, Actress is amazing. I was watching Kal Ho Na Ho, the other day and she played Kamela in it 😂😂😂 it was a surprise, and a pleasant one 

The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Azaan is using the reverse psychology approach to affect Shayra.  Love how he is expressing much needed truth as he plays with her emotions.  It is only fair, considering what she asking him to do.  Glad he is questioning the wrong and reminding her of her rights as his wife.  Yes she should know but perhaps the writers are showing us that her confidence has dropped since all the drama started.  He is also trying to keep her as close as possible too.  The bath scene was beautiful and heart breaking.  Both performed so naturally.  Glad Shayra did not hold back from hugging Azaan. 💔❤️

Yes this is second time Azaan took Shayra into the water.  Perhaps the writers are showing this as their signature scene, like their signature holding of hands and the heart badge we saw Azaan wearing; first we saw it on his shirt, then in one scene he placed it on Shayra's shoulder, perhaps next Azaan can give it Shayra.  This might seem cliché but it will symbolise that only she can have his heart…

The absense of Razia Begum expressed her views to the guests, the writers are expressing that polygamy is not widely accepted and that Shayra is wrong.  If this serves to reverse Shayra's decison then it is acceptable but not acceptable, if the writers blame her and obsolve Noor.  I do not want Bahu Begum to be a helpless character but I suppose we needed to see her emotional state and how she struggling with the thought of ShaZaan separating, comparing it to her past...

Surraya and Noor are too much.  No privacy even in a bathroom?  Creatives have to change this, Azaan needs to have the doors of this haveli replaced as soon as possible.  😆 Great to see Azaan defend Shayra against Noor's physical attack.  We have seen Azaan berate Noor but Shayra needs to witness it.  I think this is what the writers are trying to show and perhaps make Shayra emotionally stronger…

Yes Azaan has showered her with love but shadow of Noor friendship and her influence can not be ignored…

Looking forward to Monday and I repeat, glad Azaan is moving the story forward, fighting for Shayra and against her decision.

Edited by The_May_Rose - 4 years ago
NoraSM thumbnail

Azaan is using the reverse psychology approach to affect Shayra.  Love how he is expressing much needed truth as he plays with her emotions.  It is only fair, considering what she asking him to do.  Glad he is questioning the wrong and reminding her of her rights as his wife.  Yes she should know but perhaps the writers are showing us that her confidence has dropped since all the drama started.  He is also trying to keep her as close as possible too.  The bath scene was beautiful and heart breaking.  Both performed so naturally.  Glad Shayra did not hold back from hugging Azaan. 💔❤️

Yes this is second time Azaan took Shayra into the water.  Perhaps the writers are showing this as their signature scene, like their signature holding of hands and the heart badge we saw Azaan wearing; first we saw it on his shirt, then in one scene he placed it on Shayra's shoulder, perhaps next Azaan can give it Shayra.  This might seem cliché but it will symbolise that only she can have his heart…

The absense of Razia Begum expressed her views to the guests, the writers are expressing that polygamy is not widely accepted and that Shayra is wrong.  If this serves to reverse Shayra's decison then it is acceptable but not acceptable, if the writers blame her and obsolve Noor.  I do not want Bahu Begum to be a helpless character but I suppose we needed to see her emotional state and how she struggling with the thought of ShaZaan separating, comparing it to her past...

Surraya and Noor are too much.  No privacy even in a bathroom?  Creatives have to change this, Azaan needs to have the doors of this haveli replaced as soon as possible.  😆 Great to see Azaan defend Shayra against Noor's physical attack.  We have seen Azaan berate Noor but Shayra needs to witness it.  I think this is what the writers are trying to show and perhaps make Shayra emotionally stronger…

Yes Azaan has showered her with love but shadow of Noor friendship and her influence can not be ignored…

Looking forward to Monday and I repeat, glad Azaan is moving the story forward, fighting for Shayra and against her decision.

Great Post!! 

I believe the writers are trying to turn it on Shaira, it is her fault that Azaan is marrying Noor. Azaan is fighting for his love, I am afraid if he loses, it will be over for him. Noor's negative avatar will push her marriage with Azaan but they are not questioning her on why she agreed rather insisted on marrying Khalid? Didn't we expect Shazaan realizing that Noor can go to any lengths for her selfish reasons? There is no realization because Noor is not wrong, she is fulfilling her destiny

The theme of this show is a community practice of polygamous relationship, as I said I have been holding myself back on commenting this because I don't want to sound blasphemous. 

When shows are created keeping an issue in mind, they represent the overview of this practice as wrong or right. From the beginning Razia has been against polygamy because of Razia, Azaan was against it too, it is not being represented as wrong, only one character went against it and she is the Bahu Begum but Azaan's 2nd marriage is his destiny, God wants it to happen, Razia's dialogues about God giving Shaira, the pain he gave her years ago and Noor doing every ritual with Shazaan tells us that it is God's will, hence it is not wrong. Polygamy is the way of life for this family as Asgar mentioned in first few episodes that his father married twice, his brother married twice and now Azaan will marry twice. Everyone lived happily except Razia because Razia did not accept 2nd family of her husband. In the end, Azaan wont leave his wife Noor because he is not his father's son and Shaira, unlike Razia will accept and compromise because this is the only way for her to have a family and husband. In a way hoth Azaan and Shaira won't repeat mistakes of Azaan's parents. Will Bahu Begum think that she might have been happy with her husband, had she accepted him with his 2nd family, like Shaira is doing it? Will Azaan find himself in his father's position and stop hating him? 

This is my perception on this show, as far as I have been able to understand it. 

My take is that a woman has every right not to share her husband and if polygamy is right then it should be right for women to be in polygamous relationships too. If Azaan can have two wives, then why Shaira can't have ONE FULL husband or 2 husbands? If they have decided to take on an issue then the blame and result of it should be responsibility of characters, there's no need to use God or Destiny to justify something which is a crime for 80% people of India 

Edited by NoraSM - 4 years ago
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Correct analysis Nora and yes it seems the show was planned this way...

I do want to even touch the religious aspect most of time because I do not have all the required knowledge; creatives also pick and choose what they wish to follow... For example, there was no mention of Eid in the episodes and I have written regarding the post funeral prayers etc.   How are families/general audience expected to connect to story without rooting them to the culture you are representing?  It does not require much depth; they simply need to make the show and story a more genuine.

Still do not understand why they are completely ignoring Noor's faults; unless they mentioned them through Razia Begum, Azaan and even foreshadowed through Shayra so it will be addressed by ShaZaan in future.  If they want to show Shayra as willing, why do have such weak reason for it and the suicide drama.  Surely that is sin on Noor's part.  If Shayra and Azaan are charged with writing a new story for polygamy, some responsiblity should fall on Noor or is she destined to be the entitled vamp all their lives?

I suppose I should not expect sense from ITV writers... The ends justify the means, for what ever they want... The writing of the show is just awful and hate the fact that no one questions the person who is clearly wrong but the good person is questioned as to why she is allowing it to happen...Then there is the question of why they claim not to be promoting polygamy, if that is what they hope to show in a positive manner...

Only hope is that ShaZaan can make things right as possible and not let the negative elements beat them.  General audience need to have hope that love can beat destiny because The Almighty can not allow injustice to be rewarded.

As I read somewhere, 'Everything (destiny) is written but it can also be rewritten...'  My own thoughts and wisdom passed down to me from elders; We should trust and pray that The Almighty will plan in our interest but we should also make the best and do right, by the situations we find ourselves in...

Edited by The_May_Rose - 4 years ago
NoraSM thumbnail

Correct analysis Nora and yes it seems the show was planned this way...

I do want to even touch the religious aspect most of time because I do not have all the required knowledge; creatives also pick and choose what they wish to follow... For example, there was no mention of Eid in the episodes and I have written regarding the post funeral prayers etc.   How are families/general audience expected to connect to story without rooting them to the culture you are representing?  It does not require much depth; they simply need to make the show a little more genuine.

Still understand why they are completely ignoring Noor's faults, unless they mentioned them through Razia Begum, Azaan and even foreshadowed through Shayra so it will be addressed by ShaZaan in future.  If they want to show Shayra as willing, why do have such weak reason for it and the suicide drama.  Surely that is sin on Noor's part.  If Shayra and Azaan are charged with writing a new story for polygamy, some responsiblity should fall on Noor or is she destined to be the entitled vamp all their lives?

I suppose I should not expect sense from ITV writers... The ends justify the means, for what ever they want... The writing of the show is just awful and hate the fact that no one questions the person who is clearly wrong but the good person is questioned as to why she is allowing it to happen...Then there is the question of why they claim not to be promoting polygamy if that is what they hope to show in a positive manner...

Only hope is that ShaZaan can make things right as possible and not let the negative elements beat them.  General audience need to have hope that love can beat destiny because The Almighty can not allow injustice to be rewarded.

As I read somewhere, 'Everything (destiny) is written but it can also be rewritten...'  My own thoughts and I wisdom passed down to me from elders; We should trust and pray that The Almighty will plan in our interest but we should also make the best and do right, by the situations we find ourselves in...

Yes. There is a 3 days official mourning period, I have seen it in Pakistan dramas. They didn't celebrate Eid. 

Shazaan have only each other, Azaan should sit down with Shaira and talk to her about their future prospects, his future and his family's future. Razia Begum should talk to her. She is a very strong girl but accident and Noor's suicide drama must have been traumatizing for her. 

It can be re-written, that's the hope ❤️