Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Then most desi women are 'creep magnets' too since it's a reality in most homes in the subcontinent. 

It happens eveywhere. I hear man beating up their wifes in US / UK too as much as i hear / see in india or any other subcontinent countries. 

Do you have exact numbers? If you have exact figures than you can do the math and find out the exact ratio to know which continent is ahead. Otherwise, I would recommend you to stop assuming things. I know, it happens in india so often but let's be logical rather than regressive we all know its not subcontinent issue but it's actually a worldwide issue. 

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Why are we not believing her on the first go and want to give benefit of doubt to the guy ? Did Shweta's track record show any false claim in previous case of Domestic Violence ? Did Raja Chaudhary not admit of the below things that Shweta had claimed earlier - a. Beating her up with or without alcohol, b. not willing to take Palak's custody because she's a girlchild ? (he would have stepped up if it were a BOY !). He himself had admitted to these things in Sach Ka Saamna show hosted by Rajeev. 

I didn't think AK would turn out to be a creep. I am proud of ST to take this to officials, even if it's 2 yrs late. Better late than never. And of course our first instinct is to ignore such behavior from the men thinking it's one time thing or a false hope that he will come around, get improved. FYI, that never happens. The right thing to do is to nip in the bud, because not everyone can be a Shweta Tiwari to gather the strength after few yrs (prev case as well as this one, assuming she knew from 2017 itself) and decide to take action. Also, the kind of assumptions I see here, I am sure she's facing it in Police Station too, that why she didn't take action earlier. 

So, please guys, if anything as such, complaint on Day 1 and not on Day 1832493. 

More power and strength to ST !

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Deadinside

It happens eveywhere. I hear man beating up their wifes in US / UK too as much as i hear / see in india or any other subcontinent countries. 

Do you have exact numbers? If you have exact figures than you can do the math and find out the exact ratio to know which continent is ahead. Otherwise, I would recommend you to stop assuming things. I know, it happens in india so often but let's be logical rather than regressive we all know its not subcontinent issue but it's actually a worldwide issue. 

is it really worth it? Checking statistics of other countries to make us feel better. Just know enough women,the ratio is crazy,every woman has faced atleast something similar to groping or harassment, stalking. And that's not normal. Not to mention rapes here r so brutalizing,I can't fathom where this viciousness stems from.

Not to mention a huge huge chunk of women here never reports

Edited by Charaiveti - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Charaiveti

sadly happens a lot. In case of father's sexual abuse gets involved a lot,in case of mother's mostly physical abuse and neglect. But achhe stepparents vi hote h,not like all stepparents are bad. 

American celebrity Ellen was molested by her stepfather,and he did it in the guise of checking if she had breast cancer after her mom got breast cancer. Worse,when she told her mom she didn't believe her and didn't divorce him till some 10 or more years. Took her longtime to forgive her mom

yes Acche aur bura to sab jagah hai ....magar commoj sense bhi hota hai ..parents ko samjhna chhaiye ki unka baccha jhuth kyu bolgea ..agar bol bhi rhaa hai to apne tarike se pata to karo .... isliye to bacche kai baar apne upar hone wale aise molestation ko bata nahi pate 😭

purplesnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: awesomegurti

Abhinav's Mother Says That His Son is Innocent, Won't do Such a Thing With Palak; Details Inside!

She added that it's Shweta who wanted to divorce Abhinav...

Today, we woke up to the shocking news of Shweta Tiwari filing an FIR against her husband Abhinav Kohli.

Although the rumors of trouble in her marriage have been surfacing for quite a while now, we assumed there is nothing so serious. Neither Shweta talked about it to the media nor her husband Abhinav Kohli accepted any trouble in the paradise. But now the water has gone above the head.

Recently, Shweta accompanied by her mother and daughter Palak Tiwari landed at the Samta Nagar Police Station to lodge a complaint against Abhinav.

We got in touch with Abhinav's mother who told exclusively to India Forums, "I don't know what has happened but my son is innocent. Yes, Shweta wanted a divorce but Abhinav didn't. He wanted their son should get the love of both mother and father. And about Palak, how will my son do such thing? He has seen her grow up in front of him. When Shweta was in Big Boss house for three months Abhinav took care of her from sending her to school and everything. How will he do something like that. I don't know why Shweta has done this but all I can say is that my son is innocent."

Abhinav has been arrested after Shweta alleged him of abusing her daughter Palak, showing obscene content to her and using filthy language to abuse her. 

Maam, excuse you.... i mean i get that he is your son, but still.....

Charaiveti thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Why are we not believing her on the first go and want to give benefit of doubt to the guy ? Did Shweta's track record show any false claim in previous case of Domestic Violence ? Did Raja Chaudhary not admit of the below things that Shweta had claimed earlier - a. Beating her up with or without alcohol, b. not willing to take Palak's custody because she's a girlchild ? (he would have stepped up if it were a BOY !). He himself had admitted to these things in Sach Ka Saamna show hosted by Rajeev. 

I didn't think AK would turn out to be a creep. I am proud of ST to take this to officials, even if it's 2 yrs late. Better late than never. And of course our first instinct is to ignore such behavior from the men thinking it's one time thing or a false hope that he will come around, get improved. FYI, that never happens. The right thing to do is to nip in the bud, because not everyone can be a Shweta Tiwari to gather the strength after few yrs (prev case as well as this one, assuming she knew from 2017 itself) and decide to take action. Also, the kind of assumptions I see here, I am sure she's facing it in Police Station too, that why she didn't take action earlier. 

So, please guys, if anything as such, complaint on Day 1 and not on Day 1832493. 

More power and strength to ST !

a huge problem in our society is we don't wanna confront what makes us uncomfortable. People who know their relatives beat their wife or r eveteasing would rather turn a blind eye meet them at family functions say hi hello normally n leave. They don't want to face the fact someone they know is a monster. They don't wanna turn relationship with that family his mother father etc bad, and they have a tendency to think why should we interfere in what happens between 4 walls

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Charaiveti

is it really worth it? Checking statistics of other countries to make us feel better. Just know enough women,the ratio is crazy,every woman has faced atleast something similar to groping or harassment, stalking. And that's not normal. Not to mention rapes here r so brutalizing,I can't fathom where this viciousness stems from.

Not to mention a huge huge chunk of women here never reports

Did i said I want to feel better? I want to be lil fair here because india is not the only one out there. 

Spread awareness than if you really care. Invest in various NGOs across india, Help them organise awareness programs. Make it happen instead of commenting. Best of luck. 👍🏼

Charaiveti thumbnail

Originally posted by: ZanduBaaM

yes Acche aur bura to sab jagah hai ....magar commoj sense bhi hota hai ..parents ko samjhna chhaiye ki unka baccha jhuth kyu bolgea ..agar bol bhi rhaa hai to apne tarike se pata to karo .... isliye to bacche kai baar apne upar hone wale aise molestation ko bata nahi pate 😭

exactly. Parents should understand rarely will a kid lie about such stuff. I have a thinking they ignore bcz they don't wanna confront the truth. They don't wanna think my husband,wife or maybe a relative is like that,or that now my life will change if I act on this. It's a very if I close eyes the problem goes away mentality. 

Our generation parents are changing though, after so many cases we have seen on news. My sister's n brothers who r new parents r teaching their kids about bad touch good touch n the kids come home everyday from school n report Noone did bad touch . Just to make sure n be safe. They say it's increasingly scary having a kid, specially girlchild nowdays

Charaiveti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deadinside

Did i said I want to feel better? I want to be lil fair here because india is not the only one out there. 

Spread awareness than if you really care. Invest in various NGOs across india, Help them organise awareness programs. Make it happen instead of commenting. Best of luck. 👍🏼

how do u know people commenting here don't do anything on ground level though?also if people feel fustrated they can rant.

Look at the data about how many rapes n domestic violence cases go unnoticed unreported. How correct is the statistics then if so many won't even report. I have a sister who is divorce lawyer n she sees girls who come with marks on their back still saying I don't want divorce make a solution for mutual reunion. She tries to help them with counseling then, parents force too,the Mana lo tendency is huge

Edited by Charaiveti - 4 years ago
opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5