A Rant/Wasted Potential

fria319 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Did anyone else imagine a completely different story in their head when they saw the promos?  Where'd all that plot go? Why is there SO MUCH wasted potential in the show? I don't remember the last time I watched a show where they messed up the plot before the show even really began. 

I was actually really excited about this show when I heard Arjit was going to be on it.  But this show just feels like it's getting worse and worse? Anyone else feel that way? And it's only been about 4 weeks? 

Why did they think it was a good idea to show Khalid as this evil guy just because he has a mental/behavioral disability? It's 2019, but their portrayal of Khalid and everyone's reactions to him are so outdated and stereotypical. Was I the only one who watched the "attack" scene and not get any impression that he was actually attacking/molesting Noor? Yes, he was too persistent and he definitely manhandled her, but the reaction Shairya had to it (really? beating someone with a vase??? She needed to hear both sides of the story before she give out a punishment). Noor's reaction, I understood, doesn't matter what/who it is, when men, especially emotionally irrational men, come at you like that it is scary. 

But it just felt like the writers wanted to make it out to seem that he did more than just grab her shoulders aggressively. The reactions afterwards and the punishment Shairya dished out, it was as if he actually did attack(beat)/molest/rape her.  The whole thing just seemed so contrived and exaggerated to me. If they wanted to go down this whole plot line of Khalid harming Noor, Azaan finding out and trying to protect Noor/being aggressive with Khalid, and that's why Azaan marries Noor, etc... why not just have Khalid actually harm her? Why not put that depth into the character of Noor (why not give the actress better material to work with...)? If they wanted Noor to be at her lowest - why not actually put her at her lowest? Then maybe we'd actually have more sympathy for her as an audience.  Why waste that story arc?  They're having Khalid arrested (this is an assumption, I saw a clip with Police raiding the house after Azaan spilled the beans to everyone), but over what? He grabbed her shoulders, she turned and her dress was stitched so badly that the sleeve came off?  Am I missing something here??  Yes he was wrong, but deserving of all this? 

And then, Yasmine and the dupatta. I just. ðŸ˜³ I'm Muslim. WE WOULD NEVER. The amount of weight this show is putting on signs and omens is not in our culture. People have already discussed this idiotic plot already, so I'm not going to rant about it why it's stupid. But once again, this situation was a plot device to take Noor to her lowest point in her life, but then why have Yasmine even leave the palace in the first place? Why show her go back into the palace for the dupatta? Why didn't she just stay in the palace and keep looking for the dupatta (and Faiz...), so that way it looked less of a suicidal mission and more of a real accident? That way Noor could actually be believable / partially justified at her anger at Shairya.  But now Noor just looks dumb and blind because she's forgetting that her mother was safe and alive at first, and that her mother chose to go back into the palace herself. 

Why have Noor turn 'grey' in the first place? What purpose is this serving except to alienate her from the audience? Sure, she is clearly not in the correct mental state because of her trauma, but did they really think she's going to be redeemable? Will she ever be redeemable ? Especially after this suicide vs steal-your-man plot?  Wouldn't it have been a more compelling story if they were all right in their own point of view and it was just a tragic situation (which is what I think the writers think they're doing but not very convincingly)? I had high hopes for Noor, but now I just can't imagine how anyone can let what she is doing go, forgive, and move on.  Does Colors know how to do shows with actual depth? Am I asking for too much? LOL. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoraSM thumbnail

I started watching the show after first few episodes, at first I thought it is a story similar to Pak drama Ranjha Ranjha Kardi, where Bhola was a mentally ill individual. Noor's behavior with Khalid and Azaan made me feel that she is an adult who acts like a child. I didn't have any expectation from promo. 

Writers are not making Khalid evil, in fact he is just a victim of Noor's schemes and plans. When a man is manhandling a woman, her clothes are torn, I don't think anyone will wait to know the other side of it because he is manhandling a woman and first priority is stopping him. Khalid didn't molest Noor, it was upto Noor to tell everyone that Khalid did not molest her, when Shaira asked her about it last night, Noor reinstated that Khalid did molest her, Noor's plan and Shaira's gift for Noor's wedding is stopping Noor from getting married to a man who molested her. 

A similar plot was there is Beyhadh, a show by same production house, where Ayaan, Arjun's brother went to talk to Maya, it escalated and when Arjun saw them, he beat the shit out of Ayaan for trying to molest his wife, turned out it was Maya's plan to get Arjun. 

Khalid didn't harm Noor and Yasmin didn't die in fire because both Khalid and Shaira are innocent, this is the plot 

Smiley3262017 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

@fria319—Totally agree with you dear, good actors are getting wasted with this stupid story telling 

Edited by Smiley3262017 - 4 years ago
Yezabel thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Youre right Nora! The show lacks of logic and the characters in the story too! Nothing makes sense in BB. Exaggerating is the right word! The reaction of Yasmeen when she saw this ilaani nikaah burning was soooooo overreacted. Dont get the concept of this show. When they talked about 'special circumstances' for marrying Noor I thought Khalid is a very dark and dangerous guy and he will kill Faiz and bc family doesnt puts him in jail or mental asylum Azaans only solution is to marry Noor bc of protection. This was what I've expected to see and this nonsensical crap is what I got. Im upset about producer also! I mean what he thinks, they will present us such crap and the audience will love it bc we are stupid?

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I don't know whether they will show in this serial if a mental unstable do anything wrong then court did not punish him  because he himself don't know what he is doing and he is not in his sense Only thing court only believe that person is mental unstable  when  medical report of person ( that medical report should be sign by govt Pshycastric doctor, not by private Pshycastric doctor) if medical reports sign by govt Pshycastric doctor  ( as sign by govi Pshycastric doctor is only valid) produce in court  then court will not send him to jai but will allow to get proper treatment of him 

A mentally unstable  person need proper caring , proper treatment  and proper counseling not punishment 

As coming to dupatta  in fire suicide kaand. Every body including know Yasmin did not die because  shyra forget to put gas off.  Because every body can see though shyra forget to put gas off but after that Yasmin  has come out of haveli and was safe  so  shyra leaving gas open ( unintentionally) is not responsible for Yasmin death  but it is Yasmin dumb decision to to take dupatta from fire house which took her life  ( I don't know who will marry in such conditions when house is caught by fire    first thing come in mind how to save life in such condition no one will think about  dupatta at this time but Yasmin has to risk her life to save dupatta as if dupatta was first and last dupatta and another dupatta can't be made??) 

Yes we do take care that auspicious thing should not destroy but in emergency case  nobody do such illogical  thing .  In emergency case everybody will think about saving life not about saving dupatta and  all these because life is more important than dupatta. In emergency case  it is impossible to follow traditional thing  but cvs  had to show such regressive thing. What does cvs want to show  following tradition is more important than save life  . Traditional thing must  be safe, no matter if person die??) 

So Noor know every thing how her ammi died but in order to snatch azaan from she is apply such trick

I know story will be like this and I watch this show to know reason why shyra allowing azaan to marry noor and this is reason to we come to know 

Though we don't support bigamy any case  but just because noor mother died that is why it gave reason  noor to snatch husband from shyra then this reason extremely stupid  because husband has different place and mother has different places  mother loss can't be covered by snatching other husband

And also even Yasmin would have alive noor still loving azaan  but ammi death gave her nice opportunity to snatch husband from shyra

And I also the girl whose  mother has just died few days  and that noor is eager to snatch  husband  . Her mother has just died and noor is thinking about her nikaah and all these?? 

Edited by surabhi01 - 4 years ago
kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

i was getting irritated about Shayra why she follows to talk to NOor really i think Shayra is an emotional fool.

fria319 thumbnail

(Meant to quote Nora's post but pressed the wrong button- lol, oops) 

No I agree that Shaira did the right thing by stepping in and stopping Khalid.  My problem was when she gave him a punishment. For a character who is supposed to be so religious and knowledgeable about Islam, that's now how punishment rulings are given. Both sides need to be heard before a punishment (i.e. her telling him to leave the house, if I'm remembering correctly) is given. She never gave Khalid the chance to really explain what happened. 

You're right that when you look at it from the perspective that Noor was never supposed to be a good character, then it really does become a plot where everyone else is the victim to her manipulations of the circumstances. She should have spoken up and said Khalid didn't actually molest her. 

I think my problem is when I watch the show, I always consider the main leads to be good. I guess I just don't understand the need to make her grey when there's no substance behind her grey behavior. I don't like her as good character and I still don't like her as a grey character. LOL. 

I'd rather have a grey character who's actually justified in her actions somehow, not just because she thinks she's justified. As a viewer, I can sympathize with grey/villain characters as long as there is logic behind their motivations. But right now, no matter which way its spun, Noor is just always wrong. PTSD/general shock/trauma/depression, isn't enough of a justification for me to sympathize with Noor right now.  Are we just not supposed to sympathize with her? Do you guys think she's always going to remain evil/wrong/grey, etc? That definitely gives me less motivation to watch the show (because once again, I don't like how they're doing it) ðŸ¤”

Edited by fria319 - 4 years ago
fria319 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Yezabel

Youre right Nora! The show lacks of logic and the characters in the story too! Nothing makes sense in BB. Exaggerating is the right word! The reaction of Yasmeen when she saw this ilaani nikaah burning was soooooo overreacted. Dont get the concept of this show. When they talked about 'special circumstances' for marrying Noor I thought Khalid is a very dark and dangerous guy and he will kill Faiz and bc family doesnt puts him in jail or mental asylum Azaans only solution is to marry Noor bc of protection. This was what I've expected to see and this nonsensical crap is what I got. Im upset about producer also! I mean what he thinks, they will present us such crap and the audience will love it bc we are stupid?

LOL. This is similar to what I thought would happen after they showed Noor rejecting him and we saw Khalid break his glasses in his hands.  

fria319 thumbnail

Originally posted by: surabhi01

I don't know whether they will show in this serial if a mental unstable do anything wrong then court did not punish him  because he himself don't know what he is doing and he is not in his sense Only thing court only believe that person is mental unstable  when  medical report of person ( that medical report should be sign by govt Pshycastric doctor, not by private Pshycastric doctor) if medical reports sign by govt Pshycastric doctor  ( as sign by govi Pshycastric doctor is only valid) produce in court  then court will not send him to jai but will allow to get proper treatment of him 

A mentally unstable  person need proper caring , proper treatment  and proper counseling not punishment 

As coming to dupatta  in fire suicide kaand. Every body including know Yasmin did not die because  shyra forget to put gas off.  Because every body can see though shyra forget to put gas off but after that Yasmin  has come out of haveli and was safe  so  shyra leaving gas open ( unintentionally) is not responsible for Yasmin death  but it is Yasmin dumb decision to to take dupatta from fire house which took her life  ( I don't know who will marry in such conditions when house is caught by fire    first thing come in mind how to save life in such condition no one will think about  dupatta at this time but Yasmin has to risk her life to save dupatta as if dupatta was first and last dupatta and another dupatta can't be made??) 

Yes we do take care that auspicious thing should not destroy but in emergency case  nobody do such illogical  thing .  In emergency case everybody will think about saving life not about saving dupatta and  all these because life is more important than dupatta. In emergency case  it is impossible to follow traditional thing  but cvs  had to show such regressive thing. What does cvs want to show  following tradition is more important than save life  . Traditional thing must  be safe, no matter if person die??) 

So Noor know every thing how her ammi died but in order to snatch azaan from she is apply such trick

I know story will be like this and I watch this show to know reason why shyra allowing azaan to marry noor and this is reason to we come to know 

Though we don't support bigamy any case  but just because noor mother died that is why it gave reason  noor to snatch husband from shyra then this reason extremely stupid  because husband has different place and mother has different places  mother loss can't be covered by snatching other husband

And also even Yasmin would have alive noor still loving azaan  but ammi death gave her nice opportunity to snatch husband from shyra

And I also the girl whose  mother has just died few days  and that noor is eager to snatch  husband  . Her mother has just died and noor is thinking about her nikaah and all these?? 

Agreed, I hope eventually they show that it's because of Khalid's mental instability that causes his emotional, irrational behavior. He never seems like he means any real harm to anyone. It's just a circumstance of no one understanding him and he not being able to clearly express himself like others.  

Yeah my issue with the dupatta. It's just rare for Muslims to believe in auspicious things like this. At least not the ones I know. Yes certain things are sacred to us (i.e. our personal Qurans for example), but definitely not clothing.  But neither of these things, even if they were sacred, would be reasons for potential suicide.

Of course, there are always a lot of different types of people in the world, so I guess I cant fully judge it.  If it's just purely a cultural thing - sure, I guess I get how a marriage dupatta can be so sacred.

You're right - in an emergency, you just leave, you don't worry about these things. Dupattas can always be remade. It's not like Noor was going to marry Faiz anyway (because everyone figured out that he clearly was stuck in the burning house) - so why did Yasmin need to save that same dupatta? 

If Noor ever got married again & Yasmin was alive, she could have just made Noor a new one...Just doesn't make any sense. The writing made it seem as if Yasmin knew she would die... therefore had to save the dupatta (because if she's dead, how could she ever make her daughter another one...) as the last thing her daughter had of her... which resulted in Yasmin dying while trying to save it..... -_- 

EVEN if Faiz was alive, and Noor was going to marry Faiz, it wouldn't have happened on that day anyway.  Yasmin would have had PLENTY of time to make another one. Why does she need the same one? It's not like they got it blessed or its special fabric or it's a family heirloom, or anything like that. The only thing special about it was that Yasmin made it and made dua.  She could've done that again. -________-  

COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL. 

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

I did not watch any promo but I read articles and interviews about the plot.I expected a different story and a very strong reason for marrying noor but in the story it is all noor's blackmailing that will lead to the marriage i think.This show turned out like other shows.