Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fria319 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Promo was from Azaan's perspective, he will marry Noor to save her from Khalid and embarrassment. 

Noor is not a grey character, she is black. Sometimes actors make you love black characters, I have loved many black characters, I have rooted for them. I don't want to offend anyone but the actor is very limited for a black character, I am not feeling it. Writing is at fault too, Diana acts funny while crying, but I start crying with her because I can feel what Shaira is going through 😂😅

Promo definitely even made it seem the story was more about Azaan as the central character too. 

Definitely agree, a show needs great actors to make you love negative characters.  And the actors need a great script to back them up.  Really, this show just needs a lot of work lol. I've only been keeping up lately with written updates & clips on instagram. I can't be bothered to watch the whole episode anymore, but I'm still curious to know where they're going to actually take this story. 

fria319 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveLifeHonest

I agree with you that black characters with strong actors and justification through plot development can make you root for them. Some shows have made  me do that. For this serial, I'm just apathetic. Even for Shayra. Lately, her pain is due to her own actions so I can't sympathise with her. Plus, Diana's crying is quite comical that I really can't feel anything for her. What Bahu Begum really needed was a stronger plotline with better FLs. It could have easily been a hit show (online wise even if it does not become a TRP topper), but its potential is all wasted. After this, the PH should take a break and spend some time on developing a quality show before approaching any channels to air it. Because not even 1 of its shows have impressed the audience so far. 

Agree! They drew me in with Arjit in the promos because I actually really like his acting. His last drama was a little too crazy for me at times, but he did really well regardless. I've never seen any of the previous dramas of both female leads, but everyone kept buzzing about how they were good actresses so I gave it a shot.  While they're not bad actresses, I don't think they bring enough seriousness to the scenes. It could also be the bad editing and just overall bad script & directing.  

Sometimes I wonder how this drama even got the green light. Do they not run "pilot" episodes to network executives like american tv ? Usually Indian shows start great and then slowly lose its charm and quality and then eventually just goes off the rails. This show seems like it's skipped over everything and is headed to going off the rails territory and it's only just been over a month ðŸ¤£. 

Pixie98 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Honestly i never thought they will spoil the show like that. I saw in an article that this show will be based on two nawabi families and their rivalries. Also i thought that maybe Shayara and Noor are sister. Noor and Azaan are good friends and Shayara and Azaan are lovers. Seeing the next promo i thought maybe Shayara will have few mysterious reasons to get Azaan married second time to Noor or maybe Shayara is ill. I cooked up this story seeing the promo but unfortunately.

And the portraying of characters is so weird in this show. I mean Khalid has a mental disability and on the second episode Azaan and Noor made fun of it (Probably Noor). And then that fake molestation scene where Khalid's disturbing behaviour Noor misunderstand that he came to molest her. This is so rubbish. I mean makers cannot force audience to accept this scene as a molestation case. Neither Khalid said anything wrong to Noor nor he touched her inappropriately. Its just the situation was going out of hands for both of them. But still its ok as they will have to glorify Shayara's character. Protecting Noor and all. Fine.

But what made me disappointed was Yasmine's and Faiz death. I never thought this would happen. Yasmine's character was to build up more she was to become a supporting system for Noor. 

And whenever i see Razia i feel like she is not a Bahu begum but an ordinary character. There's no boldness in her character at all. Most of the time she just cries. Maybe its my fault as i made a bold and fearless image of Razia (Simone singh) in my mind.

Fine actors poor story utterly bad written script.

Currently i had stopped watching this show as i dont wanna increase my blood pressure viewing such nonsense storytelling and absolutely utter nonsense drama.

Edited by BlueOcean - 4 years ago
potterhead14 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

The way they showed yasmin's death is I guess one of the stupidest reasons to die. Like seriously, your daughter is completely safe you brain less woman then why are you again running into the fire to get her so called dupatta. And also, you guys are super rich you can buy other dupattas as well. Her death was her own fault not shayra's. One was supposed to cry seeing that scene instead I was gaping at the screen with a what on earth is this expression. 

Prateek's current shows are totally logic less and below mediocre