Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: inlieu

Yes it does. It's nice to hear someone else on the show speak like HS. In fact, it's always been interesting to me how HS and his family maintained their Haryanvi identity despite being born and brought up in Patiala. Imarti for me belongs to that camp, if you know what I mean. She seems more apni after the dialect change. Especially when he mentioned that she never used to put on a ghoongat, I always imagined her in a lehenga or sari, not patiala suits. 

Still think you did a fab job with this piece. Keep 'em coming.

Yes!! The dialect adds a layer of charm and personality to the characters. I don't know of a lot of Sikh women who wear lehengas or saris after marriage. So whenever I've imagined Imarti, it's always been in suits. I totally get the apna pan though. The few times where Babes or even Minnie have spoken Haryanvi, I've always gotten super excited. :D

Aww, thank you. I have a few ideas, hopefully I'm able to get through them soon. ðŸ˜†

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Yes!! The dialect adds a layer of charm and personality to the characters. I don't know of a lot of Sikh women who wear lehengas or saris after marriage. So whenever I've imagined Imarti, it's always been in suits. I totally get the apna pan though. The few times where Babes or even Minnie have spoken Haryanvi, I've always gotten super excited. :D

Aww, thank you. I have a few ideas, hopefully I'm able to get through them soon. ðŸ˜†

The reason I imagined her in a lehenga or sari is because I always thought she was from a Haryanvi family too. It would explain the tough character that goes with Haryanvi stereotypes nowadays. On top of that her father was a pehelwaan. ðŸ˜†

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: inlieu

The reason I imagined her in a lehenga or sari is because I always thought she was from a Haryanvi family too. It would explain the tough character that goes with Haryanvi stereotypes nowadays. On top of that her father was a pehelwaan. ðŸ˜†

I don't know much about people from Haryana so I mostly conjured up an image of her based on my own family.

Either way, I love it as I'm getting to learn about a new sect of Punjabis. ðŸ˜†

Yeahh, when she said her dad was a wrestler, I immediately thought of Dangal. Man, she would have loved that movie.