Imarti OS: Dilbaro

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Dilbaro

Today was the day.

With a wide grin, Imarti adjusted her dupatta so that it didn't slip off her head. With her middle finger, she carefully pressed it underneath her eye to collect some kajal. Smiling, she applied it on the side of her neck.

"Kissi ki nazar na lage tujhe Imarti." She spoke to her reflection.

"Tyaar hogi?" Her mother called, opening the door and walking in.

"Haanji." Imarti answered, turning around.

"Haaye, kissi di nazar na lage." Her mother exclaimed, swiping her own kajal.

Imarti laughed. "Mein nazar uthar chuki aa already."

"Haan pher ki hoya. Mein ni laa sakti? Aa ithe." Her mother beckoned.

Imarti happily leaned forward. Her mother took a moment to lovingly rub a hand over head, and admire the beautiful child who was to be solely hers for just a few more hours. 

"Ufho Mama, tussi na hon emotional na ho jayeo." Imarti said, turning around to face the mirror once more.

"Kyun na hova? Dhi da vyiah va. Aaj emotional ni hongi phir kehdo hongi?"

"Mere jaan toh baad. Mere honde huye koi hanju ni digne chayde." Imarti answered sternly.

"Changa, hon aaye moonh na bana." Her mother requested, adjusting her own bindi.

Imarti grinned.

"Oh Imarti di maa. Kudi tyaar huyi aa keh nayi?" Her father called, standing outside the door.

"Andar aa ke dekh lo." Imarti stood up, walking towards him.

He froze for a moment. Seeing his child dressed as a bride made things all too real for him. His little Imarti was now all grown up. So much so, she was going to go away from him forever.

"Aa ki Papa." Imarti wiped her father's cheeks. "Ron kahto lage."

"Tu.." He choked.

Off to the side, her mother sniffled as well.

"Mama hon tussi na shuru ho jao." Imarti rebuked. "Chalo, mein na ek kam kardi aa. Mein shaadi cancel kar deni aa."

Her parents were stunned.

Stammering, her father asked, "Kyun?" Then with a slight edge to his voice, he asked, "Oh Hanuman ne kuch keh tenu?"

Imarti was stunned. "Come on Papa. Oh meinu ki keh sakte aa. Mein tha taa kehni aa," She stepped forward to fix his pagdi, "kyunki mein ghar vich kahto jaa va, jera mere Papa nu inna rulave?" With a smirk, she raised her brows.

"Chal hat." Her mother swatted her joke away with a hand. "Eh hi ji galan uthe na karn lag jayi."

Imarti laughed. "Hor koi advice? Nayi hon das do. Aa hi sayi time aa na eh cheeja dasan da."

"Hadh aa. Tussi ehnu kuch kehnde kyun ni?"

"Mein ki kehna?" Her father retorted. "Meri kudi aa. Sartaj Chautala di." He puffed his chest and spoke with pride. "Ehnu saara paata va."

"Haan haan, ghar vich mein hi nikami aa."

"Eh hon tussi keh va, mein nayi." Imarti's father said, raising a hand.

Her mother glared at Sartaj while Imarti tried to hide her laughter behind her hand.

"Ni suno, time hogaya." Imarti's massi informed.

"Aane aa." Sartaj answered. "Thoda sabar rakh."

Imarti's heart quickened. In just a few hours, she will be a transformed woman. She looked at her father, eager to go but stopped. A strange stillness had descended upon the room.

"Papa, tussi teekh ho?" Imarti quietly asked, stepping forward and placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Haan." He sighed with a shaky breath.

"Keve teekh ho ge?" Her mother countered. "Thodi dher ch tu sanu chad dena. Sadi sari rang ronak, tere naal chal jaogi."

A heaviness fell on Imarti's heart. "Tussi eh da kato kehne aa? Mein aandi jaandi raongi. So tussi please aa rona chad do."

"Teri baut yaad aao gi Imarti." Her father broke into a sob.

Imarti's eyes stung. She immediately grabbed him into a tight embrace, and tried to stop her own tears from falling.

"Oh sambalo ji." Her mother came forward and collected him from Imarti's arms. "Kudi nu hone rula do. Sujia hoya moonh leke jaa ve avde sahure samne?"

"Aur nayi tha ki. The tussi jandi hi ho Papa. Police wale aa. Uthe hi saari questioning karn lag jaoge." Imarti reasoned, wiping away his tears. "Thanu pata meinu ki lagda. Hon tha aapa kudian nu puchan lag gaye ki oh vyiah vase tyaar aa keh nayi. Par koi kudi de pyioh nu vi tha puch le. Oh tyaar aa avdi dhi nu avde toh dur pejan vase?"

"Pher ta hogaya vyiah." Sartaj said, earning a wet chuckle from Imarti.

She hugged her father tightly, knowing that the next time she did it, it won't be as just his daughter.

"Chal." Her father patted her on the back. "Chaliye. Time hogaya."

Imarti smiled. With both her parents by her side, she walked out the door and towards the future that awaited her.

Edited by asmaanixx - 4 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cynicalities thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I didn't understand some of the dialogue because I don't speak the language, but yaar jo bhi tha badaa cute tha ❤️

asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: Manasi_MD

I didn't understand some of the dialogue because I don't speak the language, but yaar jo bhi tha badaa cute tha ❤️

Haha, it's Punjabi, similar to the kind I speak. Wasn't too sure if Imarti and her parents speak a more Hindi version of it.

Am just using this piece as a test run. I'll change it up as we get to learn more about them.

But thanks for your comment! ❤️🤗

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Wah vadiya Ji vadiya  tussi tah rula hi dia , waise she will be speaking Haryanvi but Haan ek dum Punjabi kudi lagi Kal toh

Edited by riti4u - 4 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: riti4u

Wah vadiya Ji vadiya  tussi tah rula hi dia , waise she will be speaking Haryanvi but Haan ek dum Punjabi kudi lagi Kal toh

Aahh, wasn't entirely too sure about it but thanks for letting me know! It'll make writing the dialogues a bit easier. 😆

tk2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This was so good. I thought she's a Punjabi kudi so this felt apt with my imagination. The dialogues seemed on point. What a beautiful scene. 💙 

asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: tk2015

This was so good. I thought she's a Punjabi kudi so this felt apt with my imagination. The dialogues seemed on point. What a beautiful scene. 💙 

Thank you so much! 🤗

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Thank you so much! 🤗

Sorry I somehow missed this earlier.

Loved this post! Yeh kya cheez hai Imarti. Aate hi hum OS likne lage uske baare mein. 

When she was introduced she looked like a Punjabi girl but in the wedding her dress and dialect changed.

asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Sorry I somehow missed this earlier.

Loved this post! Yeh kya cheez hai Imarti. Aate hi hum OS likne lage uske baare mein. 

When she was introduced she looked like a Punjabi girl but in the wedding her dress and dialect changed.

Aww, no worries.🤗

At least you read it. 😳 Ab HS' ke lafzon mein bolu toh, "Imarti Imarti hai." 😎

That's the vibe that I got too but I guess the CVs changed their mind. But I like the dialect. It gives a whole new power to her.

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Aww, no worries.🤗

At least you read it. 😳 Ab HS' ke lafzon mein bolu toh, "Imarti Imarti hai." 😎

That's the vibe that I got too but I guess the CVs changed their mind. But I like the dialect. It gives a whole new power to her.

Yes it does. It's nice to hear someone else on the show speak like HS. In fact, it's always been interesting to me how HS and his family maintained their Haryanvi identity despite being born and brought up in Patiala. Imarti for me belongs to that camp, if you know what I mean. She seems more apni after the dialect change. Especially when he mentioned that she never used to put on a ghoongat, I always imagined her in a lehenga or sari, not patiala suits. 

Still think you did a fab job with this piece. Keep 'em coming. 

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago