Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

dsr11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Noor's dreams of marrying her childhood bestie crashed because Azaan loved Shayra. She was asked to marry a stranger. She agreed to it for her mother's and Azaan's happiness. She has been through a sexual assault just before her wedding (not sure about Khalid's intentions) . Then she was in a fire accident. Soon after she was rescued, her mother and fiance died in the same accident right in front of her eyes. Shayra is innocent. She just happened to be the catalyst to all these events unknowingly. But Noor has been through too much and she has lost everything in a short span. All of those life-altering/traumatic events happened to her in a short span, one after the other, even before she properly recovered from the previous shock. At the center of all this is Shayra. The reason why she is directing all her anger on Shayra. In Noor's mind, if Shayra didn't come into her life she would have married Azaan. She would have Azaan's undivided attention. She wouldn't have to agree to marry Faiz and he wouldn't have died. Her mother wouldn't have to die.

Noor is going through PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She gets extremely agitated when she sees Shayra, who triggers her anxiety and replays all the traumatic events that happened in her mind. She can't sleep because her mind continuously makes her relive the trauma. The first thing she needs to do in order to heal is to get away from the trigger, Shayra. But Shayra, who herself is going through guilt, is constantly seeking Noor's forgiveness. This is not helping Noor at all! She needs to get out of this environment and go away and heal. Learn to manage anxiety with calming techniques. She needs to master distracting her mind from replaying the trauma and going into a panic attack. That won't be possible as long as she sees Shayra's face all the time. Shayra needs to do the same. Get out of that place and heal. She doesn't need to play martyr all the time. She doesn't have to feel responsible for everything that happens around her. Had she not taken responsibility for the fire, Raziya would have let the police investigate it properly and the real culprit would have been found. She would not try to shut the case to save Shayra and her family reputation. 

Do I see this as reason for polygamy? NO. I strongly feel that they need to drop that idea. I feel a person who is going through PTSD would want to run away from the person who is triggering the anxiety than stay around her. Ideally Noor should run away. A good hearted person like Noor would never be able to go through with anything that can hurt another person. The reason why she cut herself though she went to dargah to kill Shayra. Thats what I am rooting for. I am rooting for Noor to be back to the wise, kind, brave, resilient girl that she is.

Edited by dsr11 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: dsr11

Noor's dreams of marrying her childhood bestie crashed because Azaan loved Shayra. She was asked to marry a stranger. She agreed to it for her mother's and Azaan's happiness. She has been through a sexual assault just before her wedding (not sure about Khalid's intentions) . Then she was in a fire accident. Soon after she was rescued, her mother and fiance died in the same accident right in front of her eyes. Shayra is innocent. She just happened to be the catalyst to all these events unknowingly. But Noor has been through too much and she has lost everything in a short span. All of those life-altering/traumatic events happened to her in a short span, one after the other, even before she properly recovered from the previous shock. At the center of all this is Shayra. The reason why she is directing all her anger on Shayra. In Noor's mind, if Shayra didn't come into her life she would have married Azaan. She would have Azaan's undivided attention. She wouldn't have to agree to marry Faiz and he wouldn't have died. Her mother wouldn't have to die.

Noor is going through PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She gets extremely agitated when she sees Shayra, who triggers her anxiety and replays all the traumatic events that happened in her mind. She can't sleep because her mind continuously makes her relive the trauma. The first thing she needs to do in order to heal is to get away from the trigger, Shayra. But Shayra, who herself is going through guilt, is constantly seeking Noor's forgiveness. This is not helping Noor at all! She needs to get out of this environment and go away and heal. Learn to manage anxiety with calming techniques. She needs to master distracting her mind from replaying the trauma and going into a panic attack. That won't be possible as long as she sees Shayra's face all the time. Shayra needs to do the same. Get out of that place and heal. She doesn't need to play martyr all the time. She doesn't have to feel responsible for everything that happens around her. Had she not taken responsibility for the fire, Raziya would have let the police investigate it properly and the real culprit would have been found. She would not try to shut the case to save Shayra and her family reputation. 

Do I see this as reason for polygamy? NO. I strongly feel that they need to drop that idea. I feel a person who is going through PTSD would want to run away from the person who is triggering the anxiety than stay around her. Ideally Noor should run away. A good hearted person like Noor would never be able to go through with anything that can hurt another person. The reason why she cut herself though she went to dargah to kill Shayra. Thats what I am rooting for. I am rooting for Noor to be back to the wise, kind, brave, resilient girl that she is.

Hi

I don't want to dwell on PTSD, as I am not yet sure about it. 

@Bold - When did this happen? I remember the scene correctly, Faiz's family came and Noor saw his picture, Razia asked her to take her time but Noor immediately agreed for the marriage. I can understand the interpretation if the scene was left out to understanding of viewers but it was not, Noor had a monolog reflecting her thoughts and reasons to marry Faiz, she was checking her list of good looks, money, home in USA, etc. She was not thinking about her mother or Azaan. 

dsr11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Hi

I don't want to dwell on PTSD, as I am not yet sure about it. 

@Bold - When did this happen? I remember the scene correctly, Faiz's family came and Noor saw his picture, Razia asked her to take her time but Noor immediately agreed for the marriage. I can understand the interpretation if the scene was left out to understanding of viewers but it was not, Noor had a monolog reflecting her thoughts and reasons to marry Faiz, she was checking her list of good looks, money, home in USA, etc. She was not thinking about her mother or Azaan. 

I am sure you dont want to dwell on anything reasonable that explains why Noor is acting the way she is, Nora. Anyway, I clearly remember how Noor's face dimmed when Raziya told Noor that she invited Faiz's parents over to talk about marriage alliance with her. I mentioned this before and I will say it again that Noor is very resilient. She herself said that she doesn't like to dwell on things that make her or others sad. She wants to make the best of every situation. She loves her mother dearly and she always takes decisions based on how it affects her mother. Azaan too is very important to her. So she wouldn't like to hurt him by acting like she is not happy about things in her life. You might have forgotten what she told Shayra when she asked her why she agreed to marrying Faiz without thinking. She told her that not everyone is lucky like Shayra to find love and people learn to love the person they are married to in arranged marriages. In arranged marriages, people look for things that provide security in life. One can't fall in love with a person they consider ugly. One can't think of love when you are thinking about how to earn your next meal. Since she is not going for a love marriage, she is being practical. Sometimes we need to open our minds to understand others.

NoraSM thumbnail

I am sure you dont want to dwell on anything reasonable that explains why Noor is acting the way she is, Nora. Anyway, I clearly remember how Noor's face dimmed when Raziya told Noor that she invited Faiz's parents over to talk about marriage alliance with her. I mentioned this before and I will say it again that Noor is very resilient. She herself said that she doesn't like to dwell on things that make her or others sad. She wants to make the best of every situation. She loves her mother dearly and she always takes decisions based on how it affects her mother. Azaan too is very important to her. So she wouldn't like to hurt him by acting like she is not happy about things in her life. You might have forgotten what she told Shayra when she asked her why she agreed to marrying Faiz without thinking. She told her that not everyone is lucky like Shayra to find love and people learn to love the person they are married to in arranged marriages. In arranged marriages, people look for things that provide security in life. One can't fall in love with a person they consider ugly. One can't think of love when you are thinking about how to earn your next meal. Since she is not going for a love marriage, she is being practical. Sometimes we need to open our minds to understand others.

Actually, I am watching a show and I do not take responsibility of explaining behavior of a character on myself, unless I connect to it or it is presented in the show. 

PTSD is an excuse but the one you are giving and I assume you are not the writer, writer has to include PTSD symptoms and cures, if it is infact a part of Noor's characterization. It is a very sensitive topics, if I take you for your words and justify Noor's insensitivity in name of a disorder then there will be conflict in the character I am watching and the character I have in mind. 

Let them say that Noor has PTSD, I will believe it. 

Noor agreeing to marry Faiz for whatever practical reasons, they have an effect on her life and her comfort. She is marrying for the comfort a rich man brings, which is fine. But I asked you why you think Noor agreeing to marry Faiz for practical reasons which will make her happy was for Yasmin and Azaan's happiness? Did Yasmin and Azaan force her? If she had said that she won't marry Faiz, I don't think Azaan and Yasmin would have been upset. You presented the situation as if Noor didn't want to marry Faiz but she agreed for Yasmin and Azaan's happiness, which is not the case. 

Yezabel thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Why you justify Noors intentions? Yes she is traumatized and yes she needs to leave for her health but nothing gives her the right to snatch another womans husbands bc she lost her mom and her fiance whom she wanted to marry bc he was rich! She isnt this 'cute innocent poor' girl as you want to make us believe. Instead of mourning she breaks a relationship damn! So stop to write essays for her unbearable behavior seriously.😵

dsr11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Actually, I am watching a show and I do not take responsibility of explaining behavior of a character on myself, unless I connect to it or it is presented in the show. 

PTSD is an excuse but the one you are giving and I assume you are not the writer, writer has to include PTSD symptoms and cures, if it is infact a part of Noor's characterization. It is a very sensitive topics, if I take you for your words and justify Noor's insensitivity in name of a disorder then there will be conflict in the character I am watching and the character I have in mind. 

Let them say that Noor has PTSD, I will believe it. 

Noor agreeing to marry Faiz for whatever practical reasons, they have an effect on her life and her comfort. She is marrying for the comfort a rich man brings, which is fine. But I asked you why you think Noor agreeing to marry Faiz for practical reasons which will make her happy was for Yasmin and Azaan's happiness? Did Yasmin and Azaan force her? If she had said that she won't marry Faiz, I don't think Azaan and Yasmin would have been upset. You presented the situation as if Noor didn't want to marry Faiz but she agreed for Yasmin and Azaan's happiness, which is not the case. 

Oh you just take it on yourself to diss a character and actor because you have certain notions or expectations from them?! A film maker's responsibility is to tell the story as he sees it, A viewer's responsibility is to understand it to his best ability. Looks like you conveniently chose not to listen when the doctor mentioned that she is going through depression?! Anger and depression are major signs of PTSD.

See when you don't want to understand Noor, I don't think there is any use explaining it to you again.  Read my previous reply again. Noor doesn't dwell on things even though she is hurt. She tries to act like she is okay for the happiness of people around her, especially her mom and Azaan. She was crying     after she gave up marrying Azaan. Though she said it is because she wanted to be bahubegum, my common sense tells me that she lied to cheer up her mom. She told Azaan that she wanted a groom, she is pretending so he and his family believe that she is not sad. When Raziya actually found a groom, faiz, she didn't expect her to do that. But Noor accepted her fate. She looked for things people need to begin an araanged marriage successfully, a good family, good money, good looks. You may choose not to see her goodness, but i do. 

dsr11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Yezabel

Why you justify Noors intentions? Yes she is traumatized and yes she needs to leave for her health but nothing gives her the right to snatch another womans husbands bc she lost her mom and her fiance whom she wanted to marry bc he was rich! She isnt this 'cute innocent poor' girl as you want to make us believe. Instead of mourning she breaks a relationship damn! So stop to write essays for her unbearable behavior seriously.😵

Go read my post again. Did i say that the two wives thing is justified?! Did i say that she can snatch another woman's husband?! Don't you dare tell me what i can write and what i cannot! Who are you to tell me that i cannot make an effort to understand a character that my favorite actor plays?! Have you lost your brain in hatred for her?! If you have a problem with what i wrote in civil words and with honest intentions, you can always skip my post. But don't you dare force your stupidity on me and for once think with your own brain instead of getting carried away with hatred.

If you don't think Noor is cute innocent girl, thats your problem. But i believe she is an innocent girl whose entire life is shattered and she is going through depression. Just because a girl acts practical and makes sure that she has the basic requirements for a happy arranged marriage met, doesn't make her selfish and greedy. But I don't expect you to understand that. I know some viewers watch shows just to see hero romance the heroine. Too bad this is not such a show for now.

rehann thumbnail

Good analysis!!

i think u are right... when she start beg others to ask her ammi to comeback to her... there is a denial mode in her... she need to cry her heart out... share the burden she have in her heart with others... & finally accept the reality. Then only she can live like others... otherwise all her action will remain logically unjustifiable...

PSTD... i dont know much about this sickness but what we can tell is she have mental and emotion issues... i will skip to comment on 2nd nikaah... i just hope in upcoming ep they will show how actually Azaan's love & concern cured Noor... this is what someone like Noor need. I think Raziya should also play her part in this... she her badi ammi anyways... i feel its weird why they not show us the glimpse of bonding that Raziya & Noor shared... 

As u say it cant justify any of her misdeeds... especially when she asked Azaan from Shayra... but my heart actually buying the storyline... 

It basically my personal preference... i love heroin with flawed... just how i actually love Ragini from Swaragini... when she flawed from every aspects but later when the time flies she successfully justified all her actions... all she did is for love! i willingly buying the reasons and accept her...

Same goes to Noor... i will just enjoy the story... caused i believe one day she will make us forgive her... & love her like never before...

I hope others will stay calm & enjoy the show😊

Edited by rehann - 4 years ago
Yezabel thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Go read my post again. Did i say that the two wives thing is justified?! Did i say that she can snatch another woman's husband?! Don't you dare tell me what i can write and what i cannot! Who are you to tell me that i cannot make an effort to understand a character that my favorite actor plays?! Have you lost your brain in hatred for her?! If you have a problem with what i wrote in civil words and with honest intentions, you can always skip my post. But don't you dare force your stupidity on me and for once think with your own brain instead of getting carried away with hatred.

If you don't think Noor is cute innocent girl, thats your problem. But i believe she is an innocent girl whose entire life is shattered and she is going through depression. Just because a girl acts practical and makes sure that she has the basic requirements for a happy arranged marriage met, doesn't make her selfish and greedy. But I don't expect you to understand that. I know some viewers watch shows just to see hero romance the heroine. Too bad this is not such a show for now.

First of all I dont feel hatred for Noor why should I? 2nd its pathetic to justify Noors annoying behavior just bc 'your fav actress' plays this character. 3rd your admiration for Samiksha doesnt gives you the right to bash people who dont like her new avatar. And last but not least: Im also Samiksha Jaiswal fan but dont get ridiculous for justifying such bad character and behavior in her new show.

dsr11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Yezabel

First of all I dont feel hatred for Noor why should I? 2nd its pathetic to justify Noors annoying behavior just bc 'your fav actress' plays this character. 3rd your admiration for Samiksha doesnt gives you the right to bash people who dont like her new avatar. And last but not least: Im also Samiksha Jaiswal fan but dont get ridiculous for justifying such bad character and behavior in her new show.

Go back and read what you wrote again in your previous reply. You told me to not write essays on how i understand Noor. Who do you think you are to order me around?! I am putting my point of view across without bashing any of the actors or characters. Then you and your friend come here with your closed minds and start preaching me about how i should stop supporting a character because you think she is evil. Well, i don't share your views and guess what, you cant order people around in public forums. You will see different point of views here and if you can't handle views that don't agree with yours, then you should think about staying away from such posts as mine. You will be reported if you repeat your mockery and bashing one more time.