Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Looks like her insecurity stems from her own experiences. Feel bad for her that her mind couldn't go past skin color. All those taunts do haunt you. She should come out of it. Hoping her daughter would help her see past skin color.

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Congratulations Sameera. 

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I just wish people understood melanin amount in skin means nothing, doesn't affect beauty in any way. What bothers me the most is the backhanded complements like you're pretty for a dark skinned girl, or that girl is dusky but her face is kinda sweet

Hippopotamus160 thumbnail

baby baby

yesh maama

fair and lovely 

yesh maama

mummy dusky

yesh maama

mummy khisky

yesh maama

shut ur mouth

ha hah ha

Mistyy thumbnail

This is why one shouldn’t give interviews to media after giving birth, postpartum hormones and insecurities don’t gel well.

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

LOL! When I was born, I was black as charcoal but a month later my skin tone changed to hers. Baby's skin color cannot be determined in the first month itself. 😆

Also, Sameera's sister is fair and she is dusky so comparisons must have happened and plus even if she cares about color, it's her child and it's not that if her child was dusky she would love it any less. People want their children to be healthy and good-looking. No harm in that. While Kjo and other single parents have paid surrogates who were good looking and white so that their kids look beautiful which is something wrong as they were not merely interested in having a kid.

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: roni_berna

LOL! When I was born, I was black as charcoal but a month later my skin tone changed to hers. Baby's skin color cannot be determined in the first month itself. 😆

Also, Sameera's sister is fair and she is dusky so comparisons must have happened and plus even if she cares about color, it's her child and it's not that if her child was dusky she would love it any less. People want their children to be healthy and good-looking. No harm in that. While Kjo and other single parents have paid surrogates who were good looking and white so that their kids look beautiful which is something wrong as they were not merely interested in having a kid.

the problem is the idea that white skin=beauty . Fair >dusky. Which is just so utter nonsense. Skin colour doesn't make anyone more or less beautiful

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

This might sound harsh but people like these aren't ready to be parents. Imagine your mom out of everyone else thinking of you any lesser because of the color of your skin. Tragic. 

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Looks like her insecurity stems from her own experiences. Feel bad for her that her mind couldn't go past skin color. All those taunts do haunt you. She should come out of it. Hoping her daughter would help her see past skin color.

True all my life i was mocked for being skinny throughout school college. Relatives, teachers saying this to me u look skeleton. Hanger lag rha. Eat something. It really hurts self esteem . Mere haath mein thodi hai. Now i have gained weight with time but scars go deep and those words never leave you. Adults need to know what to say to kids but they mock them