The family doesn't love Pari?

NK1865 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Let me first admit that the past 2 weeks' episodes have been bad and all the characters have been taken for a very jerky ride. But I have a question. Some fans claimed that the family doesn't care about Pari and Mishti is preferred on the basis that Nandini's picture is not hung in the house and no one can see Pari's pain about that.

But now, with the past few episodes, can this opinion still stand? Dadi is so involved in Pari's happiness and future that she can't see Mishti's pain. Even Pari hasn't been able to spot it. Though I find Mishti's decision delusional and wrong, Mishti is giving up everything, even Ruhaan's love and leaving so that Pari can get the love of her life (in Mishti's delusional view). So does the family still care about Mishti, and not about Pari at all? If I were to see it solely from the POV of a super biased fan, this incident can be used to claim that the family doesn't care for Mishti, and only about Pari (which is not my point at all).

And before someone points out that this sacrifice track is meant to glorify Mishti and her sibling love, let's be honest. Firstly, if this glorifies Mishti, then the writers also tried to glorify Pari with her sacrifice track though she didn't have Ruhaan's love. Moreover, Mishti is getting bashed rightfully for being delusional and hypocritical and doing something that will spoil 3 lives. And if Mishti had not refused to sacrifice Ruhaan for Pari, there would be a small group that would bash Mishti for not prioritising sisters over misters. There is no win-win solution for Mishti's case. The best solution would have been explaining the situation to Pari and helping her to slowly accept it. But yes, the writers never went for it cos it likely means less drama to them. 

All in all, what I meant to say is the entire journey of Silsila only highlights one thing. The family cares for each other, though they act in twisted ways to care for each other. They suffer from the burden of their past and this has an impact on their behaviour and actions. It also impacts their communication and bonding as a family and is further aggravated by the generation gap between Dadi and her grandkids (though Bua is much better at closing this gap). The family is dysfunctional, but are still able to function as an unit despite the cracks. If the cracks will become greater and they'll split apart in the future I can't say, but for now the cracks still stay the same. They aren't a perfect family and never will be. And I wonder if they will ever address the faults in the family and shadow of the past since they are used to their current situation and are happy the way they are.

Edited by NK1865 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

The family just doesn't communicate. Period. 

NK1865 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweetzzz

Agreed. And till now, none of them are aware that this is a big problem and are attempting to fix this. Which made me realise that they're just used to operating this way and are okay with this, which is twisted. 

sweetzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NK1865

Agreed. And till now, none of them are aware that this is a big problem and are attempting to fix this. Which made me realise that they're just used to operating this way and are okay with this, which is twisted. 

According to them, the family understands each other so much that they don't need to talk. There is so much love you see 🤷

NK1865 thumbnail

According to them, the family understands each other so much that they don't need to talk. There is so much love you see 🤷

🤣🤣

vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

🤣🤣👍🏼

Ishaaro Ishaaro mein always see there daily game too Dumbcharades 🤣🤣

Baby Talk Action GIF - BabyTalk Action GIFs

Edited by vinnas - 4 years ago
Sushma_Reddy thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Neither they open up their insecurities nor they discuss their problems with each other.

Dadi:She always discuss with bua about mishti and pari but I never saw her asking mishti directly what is happening with her.

Pari:She too never opened up her insecurities with her sister who she say her everything.She preferred ruhaan and arnav to discuss.

Mishti:She too didnt explained her dadi about the confusion in her commitment and she preffered bua

Ansh:He too took ruhaan support rather than his sisters.

The family preferred outsiders over family members.....may b they either dont want to be judged or they r trying pretend happy infront of each other.....🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Edited by sahisri - 4 years ago
ILoveNature thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Main problem of this family and the root caused of all the mess too. Yeh intna bada mess hi nahi banta agar yeh log saath me beth kar baat karke shot out  kar lete. They don't communicate with the very person who should be aware of it. Sab apne apne main hi lage hai. They love each other but ek dusre se khul kar baat nahi kar shakte. Puri family ke yahi problem hai, starting se🙄🙄 i don't  think dadi loves or cares one less other more. Lets Cut her some slack, teen bachi ki parvash yeh umar me akele karna easy nahi hota. Its easy to blame her for not understanding her grand children, but did anyone else tries to understand her? I know she is behaving childish but unki umar tho dekho, jab insaan older hota jata hai woh bache bante jate hai. Everyone talks about mishti and pari's suffering but did anyone gave a thought how did she raised three children by her self? She also lost her whole family. She loves her all grand children equally. She can't lick their face to prove how much she loves them. Jaha tak pari and mishti ke dard ko nahi samjhne ki baat hai, its not her fault if they don't communicated with her, doesn't share it to her. They are not children anymore. I know they don't want to make her upset but its not her fault if they don't share.

P.s they should make a rule, life me jho bhi ho they will share it with each other. Half se jyaada problem wahi solve ho jani hai😂

Trisolaris thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeartBeat321

Main problem of this family and the root caused of all the mess too. Yeh intna bada mess hi nahi banta agar yeh log saath me beth kar baat karke shot out  kar lete. They don't communicate with the very person who should be aware of it. Sab apne apne main hi lage hai. They love each other but ek dusre se khul kar baat nahi kar shakte. Puri family ke yahi problem hai, starting se🙄🙄 i don't  think dadi loves or cares one less other more. Lets Cut her some slack, teen bachi ki parvash yeh umar me akele karna easy nahi hota. Its easy to blame her for not understanding her grand children, but did anyone else tries to understand her? I know she is behaving childish but unki umar tho dekho, jab insaan older hota jata hai woh bache bante jate hai. Everyone talks about mishti and pari's suffering but did anyone gave a thought how did she raised three children by her self? She also lost her whole family. She loves her all grand children equally. She can't lick their face to prove how much she loves them. Jaha tak pari and mishti ke dard ko nahi samjhne ki baat hai, its not her fault if they don't communicated with her, doesn't share it to her. They are not children anymore. I know they don't want to make her upset but its not her fault if they don't share.

P.s they should make a rule, life me jho bhi ho they will share it with each other. Half se jyaada problem wahi solve ho jani hai😂

You make some really good points, Unisha. I had not thought from her perspective before, but this makes so much sense. She is the old lady who has faced lots of hardships in her life and now has 2 adult grandchildren. Now it should be their responsibility to communicate with her and lead the family, instead of her having to magically understand their emotions and feelings. 

Also, completely agree with people reverting to kid-like tendencies during their older age. My own daadi reacts like a kid sometimes over little things, its so cute to see her excitement 💕

NK1865 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeartBeat321

I agree. For your 2nd point, that was my point from my earlier posts- that Dadi doesn't prefer one grandkid over the other. Some fans claimed that Mishti was preferred and Dadi not understanding Pari's pain is a sign of Dadi's lack of concern for Pari. But the fact is how will Dadi know if the grandkids don't raise up their issues with her? Even the fact that Mishti didn't know about Pari's pain and Pari didn't know about Mishti's heartbreak is not cos both don't love or care for each other. It's just that both are hesitant to raise these issues and hurt each other. Due to their past, everyone is living on the edge and trying to please each other. Thus, they hide stuff and do not communicate their problems. Consequently, the lack of communications and thus, operating on assumptions is a big fault in the family, which all are happy to ignore. I really hope this point is raised by the end of the series, but I really doubt it. 

Edited by NK1865 - 4 years ago