Star Plus treatment of the show

meen123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I know everyone is in a cheery mood, this week. This is the last thing anyone wants to see. Believe me I didn't want it either. But Star Plus ruined my Saturday morning. I had just finished morning work, had my cup of tea ready. YRHPK weekly rerun was scheduled for 7.30 - 10. am and for me to relive the moments in a better way with family. I had thought I'm going to make my sister watch it.

They took away that slot and gave way for none other than KZK2 . Nothing against the show, everyone is earning their living but why our show is being treated as you know invaluable or a burden they have to deal with. They took midnight rerun and now THIS!! and the kicker is there wont be any weekly rerun . It goes to that pishachini show😡😡😡

WHY???

I seriously want to know why. Before anyone can say I have HOTSTAR to watch it, i wanted to watch it on TV. and that is a prerogative for many viewers. Not everyone has online access.

We've discussed this at length how promotions work and all but i'll say this it is crappy for us fans. Like i dont want to watch pishachini whole day every week.

Please ignore this post if it is too much for you. I dont mean to ruin anyone's weekends. I'll go sulk alone now that i dont know what to do in these 2 hours now.😭😭

Edited by meen123 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Onyourface thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: meen123

I know everyone is in a cheery mood, this week. This is the last thing anyone wants to see. Believe me I didn't want it either. But Star Plus ruined my Saturday morning. I had just finished morning work, had my cup of tea ready. YRHPK weekly rerun was scheduled for 7.30 - 10. am and for me to relive the moments in a better way with family. I had thought I'm going to make my sister watch it.

They took away that slot and gave way for none other than KZK2 . Nothing against the show, everyone is earning their living but why our show is being treated as you know invaluable or a burden they have to deal with. They took midnight rerun and now THIS!! and the kicker is there wont be any weekly rerun . It goes to that pishachini show😡😡😡

WHY???

I seriously want to know why. Before anyone can say I have HOTSTAR to watch it, i wanted to watch it on TV. and that is a prerogative for many viewers. Not everyone has online access.

We've discussed this at length how promotions work and all but i'll say this it is crappy for us fans. Like i dont want to watch pishachini whole day every week.

Please ignore this post if it is too much for you. I dont mean to ruin anyone's weekends. I'll go sulk alone now that i dont know what to do in these 2 hours now.😭😭

Who wants to start their morning by watching kzk 2..I dont mind PPL watching it but i mean subh subh high voltage drama ...

Star idk why gives step motherly treatment. The weekly repeat timings are also so odd and sabke pass hotstar b nai hota

I am glad despite all this .show has managed to get good place in trp and a loyal fanbase off lately

Bold..you don't have to do it alone ...hum tumhare saath Hain😂

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: meen123

WHY???

Like really 🙄

First the channel is not promoting show in spite of having good trps Now and then they take away   time slot too 

Kzk2 is just one point above to our show and pishchini doesn't exist in trp chart, yrhpk is topper in online, why they're not considering yrhpk 

SheThought thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

You are not alone at all. I had thought of making a post on this too. 

I don’t live in India so can’t comment about what they show on TV. But SarPlus SNS handles hardly have any promotions for YRP. They give preferential treatment to the same shows over and over again! I completely fail to understand this. SNS is free promotion for them, then why promote only some shows and ignore the rest?!?!

Also HotStar is no better. I wrote a long feedback to them yesterday. YRP is not listed in any of their categories, no where. As if it doesn’t exist at all! The only way to get to the show is by searching on the name!?  So people who don’t know about the show will not even it’s there! 😣😞

Why this stepchild treatment to our show? 

WHY???

Someone who has Insta or Twitter account needs to forward this to them. Really am not able to tolerate this injustice!

mahi246 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

May be this show is a finite series like DBO (hope so) and both Ph & channel doesn't need any rating/Trp from this show then why wasting money ðŸ˜†

Edited by mahi246 - 4 years ago
Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Honestly meen, I am not surprised at all. If reports are to be believed, There was an obscene amount of money paid for the new entrant in the other show, and it didn't transpire to the required ratings. Now a lot of moolah is involved for the Swizz trip and they need that show to fetch in 2.5+ atleast. And that's why are the thoping the other show in our faces. 

While our show, without any promotion has been doing reasonably well and is a slot leader, so star is happy as it is, thus the step motherly treatment

Onyourface thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I am happy with the show being a finite series...infact finite series have proper start proper ending and the story is crisp..

And whether it's a finite series or otherwise...if it's good ...it deserves a good promotion

But in marketing there is a strategy...try to sell that ...which has a least possibility of being sold... because jo achha hai vo to Bina effort ke bhi sold ho jayega😅

May be Sitara is doing this!

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mridhu

Honestly meen, I am not surprised at all. If reports are to be believed, There was an obscene amount of money paid for the new entrant in the other show, and it didn't transpire to the required ratings. Now a lot of moolah is involved for the Swizz trip and they need that show to fetch in 2.5+ atleast. And that's why are the thoping the other show in our faces. 

While our show, without any promotion has been doing reasonably well and is a slot leader, so star is happy as it is, thus the step motherly treatment

What swizz trip 

socioboss9797 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mridhu

Exactly! Our show has been rising on the TRP chart inspite of no promotion by Sitara! Imagine if Sitara started to promote our show the way it does of the other show, then our show might as well top the charts! 

And meen, I don't know what to say...The SM handles of Sitara dishes out some random edits of pictures of YRHPK twice a week and that's it. On YT too, it uploads clips of episodes which aired a week back. If Shaheer takes it on him to promote and uploads a vid, Sitara reposts it after several days the episode has already been aired and the hype is gone. It's seriously annoying to see KZK dished out on every timeline of SM but YRHPK gets no attention.

Edited by socioboss9797 - 4 years ago
Krpkab_superfan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think their investments are higher in those shows that they are trying to promote. If you see there are some shows that they really need to make money (Kzk for eg) because they have spent a ton in promotions salaries etc and then there is the second set like Sarvagun that is struggling to make back the money and has undergone major cast changes. I think our show is doing well for them without any of this . So their thought must be why rock the boat that is sailing well.

I believe we will get a new promo when Mishti will confess / realise her love. These are the high points and as Long as they do that I don’t have any complaints.

I rather see a good show with no promos than shows that mislead audience with their promos but have no content to show . Let the creatives focus on the story and I am happy our show does that.