Fate's appointed hour...

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~ My Musings 20.6.19 Fate’s appointed hour..

One the sanest bit of the episode is when Mainjaan, accepts the existence of the power which appears ,or is thought to control events that  happen in a person’s life. He also tells Zainab, that destiny too has its own designated time. Humans cannot quicken or influence the course of events that are likely to happen inevitably. Being a true follower and devout practitioner of his faith, he also reminds Zainab that all pleas and supplications can be put before god, and expect answers to prayers all in his good time and not by the demands of humans. Mainjaan consoles Zainab that if Kainat and Zaroon are destined to be together, then nothing can deter that from happening. If not, then it only goes to show that the two are not destined to be yoked together. As elders, they have to accept the outcome and not resist it, as he is not in favour of forcing Zaroon to marry Kainat.

I thought Mainjaan did not breakdown under Zainab’s pro Kainat pleas. Mainjaan’s conscience is clear , he did what was in power ,to appeal to Zaroon.. Now all depends on gods and Zaroon’s will!

But others like the Mamoon‘s, are of the view that one makes and shapes one’s own fate. The predestined ordeals before them can be tweaked, fought against, for personal dreams and aspirations.The slinging match between Zaroon and Mamoon over which sister Kainat or Saltanat?he is meant to marry eventually, continues to cause great friction between father and son. 

For Zaroon its all, to achieve his love against all odds even his father! who threatens to take his own life. It’s like both father and son are engaged in a power struggle between themselves . Will providence allow Kainat and Zaroon to become one ?as Zaroon believes there meeting and Sufiyana love was pre-ordained  to happen. Manoon continues to discourage his son’s love towards Saltanat !  Mamoon has no faith in his son’s airy fairy faith in his love. Actually Zaroon, appears stupid when he goes by no confirmation from Saltanat’s side, other that he has firm faith in her love. In a predicament where Saltanat’s open confession or consent is badly needed. Zaroon’s  faith in her love will just not suffice.

Two hours to get himself Saltanat’s confession gives the sense of the clock ticking away, for Zaroon. The race is on to get Saltanat’s confession. Finally to shape his own destiny. I think Zaroon kicks up a fuss to show the whole family ,not just his father ,but Mainjaan  too that the legacy and the heirship can go to blazes ! His destiny he only sees in his future with Saltanat. Zaroon also warns his parents he might not even marry ,if it’s anyone other than Saltanat! So as far as Zaroons’ Sufiyana love is concerned, his father Mamoon’s best laid plans for  securing his future can just go astray for all Zaroon cares! Such is the fervour of Zaroon’s Sufiyana love..

For Kainat, as usual overhearing Zaroon’s powerful resistance to marrying her, is nothing new. But it sure gives her and Sabina the feeling that its like they proposed but god disposed their perfect conspiracy. But then again, with Kainat, the more Zaroon shouts outs from the roof tops! He loves Saltanat. The more Kainat gets the adrenalin to hunt Zaroon down!  again she brings her love into the picture in comparison to what Zaroon feels for Saltanat. Kainat too is obdurate and like Zaroon is a fighter! rather than a loser especially at the hands of destiny! Kainat rejects destiny! and also determines now is the time to claim her victory!

Saltanat, the new age woman with principles, actually weeps over Neelam’s shoulder and literally bows down before events and trials destiny poses before her and Zaroon. Like a loser, disgruntled and dejected  she accepts that perhaps Zaroon's love is not meant for her. Neelam mocks her, that on the other handm Zaroon turns his back to everything,and turns down every elder, even Mainjaan and here she is sacrificing every thing for the eternal ingrate Kainat! Saltanat is at a resigned to destiny stage.. where she needs to be on her own, to sort her head out!

Well her stiff collision with Mamoon , I suspect perhaps shakes her up a lot. Mamoon’s fury at Zaroon, plus losing his hand at the legacy, literally makes him vent out at her. He warns her she’d better say no to Zaroon! as she’s caused enough trouble. The scene contrasts in Saltanat  holding her piece of accepting him, from Zaroon; while  Mamoon forces her to reject his son! Mamoon tampers with destiny so in turn he can force Zaroon to honour Mainjaan’s request and also to  uphold Mamoon’s esteem as a parent!

Saltanat is seen as a virtuous, yet troubled soul, in the episode. Her parents, especially Nadeem points out that Saltanat has always looked out for the less fortunate Kainat. The chances are that Saltanat is very likely to give up her love Zaroon,  for Kainat, in return for  all Kainat has done for!  Saltanat!  The question I ask is what all has Kainat done for Saltanat ? to me this bit of Nadeem’s statement does not make sense..CVs have not shown any such thing..

Kainat tells Sabina, she will do what she can as a daughter! now what’s left to see is what a mother can do for her daughter? Kainat, in the presence of her mother, shows care and affection for Mainjaan.Kainat also puts on the resigned to gods will act as well! She confesses before Mainjaan that as a true devotee , to please her god, she is  even willing to sacrifice her one desire only to fulfil her devotion. Sadly she admits that she will give up Zaroon her only wish,if that is what god has determined for her at this point in time.. she will try to survive, as god determines what’s best for her.

Mainjaan smiles at her benignly. Kainat’s sincere resignation, puts his heart at rest. Kainat gives him a false sense of security.. but Zainab, as a mother is fired up! 

Overhearing Nadeem’s words about Saltanat’s soft corner for Kainat, plus hearing her dear child’s sad confession of giving up her only desire Zaroon she prayed for.. is enough for Zainab to follow a troubled Saltanat to the dargah!

Kainat makes her mother do her bit now,to procure Zaroon back from Saltanat to her! The dargah is the right place to manipulate the already in two minds vulnerable Saltanat! 

The spiritually needy girl, seeking moral guidance from her god at the shrine is given  a sacred thread by the Iman, to be tied to the dargah wall for prayers wishes to be granted. Zainab’s shadow looms over Saltanat..as a reminder of the oath she had once given to Zainab to grant Kainat her life!

Zainab repeats her request, seeks Saltanat to sacrifice Zaroon ,her love! all to save Kainat’s life. The tie of the sacred thread. Two ends tied.. in a prayer. The sacred thread is love the highest virtue that personifies the prime quality of god. It’s two ends stand for Kainat and Saltanat.Which of the two will tie Zaroon in the knot of love? Sufiyana, not selfish  love?.. 21.8.19.hamlet53.

Precap: Sand sifts in the hour glass. Will Zaroon force a confession of love, out of Saltanat to fulfil his Sufiyana love?

Thanks you all who read my rather longwinded posts, Lonelythots, sandhiya, Misfan, Arshian,Irshita, much  love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Hey Hammie - No comments from me today except that the mother is worse than the daughter. At least Sultanat knows Kainaat doesn't care for her. Zainab pretends to care and yet emotionally blackmails Sultanat at every turn.

The show is a drag fest. I guess they are going to explore the emotional depths of every character before the 2-hour time limit is up - 2 hours equals 5 episodes.

Arshian14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi Hammie. 

I have officially decided to quit the show. A few of my friends watch it as well and they will let me know when Kainat's character will be given some justice. I may come back then. 

I have nothing to say about this show anymore. Saltanat's crying scene yesterday made me realize how fake I find the entire concept of love in this show. I couldn't feel her pain at all. I was actually rolling my eyes throughout the entire episode while SaRoon were going through a supposed "heartbreak". They literally gave Saltanat 10 minutes of crying time in a 20 minute episode. 

The makers are just not understanding that their show is fetching them a 0.4 TRP so what is with the dragging? Why is the confession scene a week from now? Are they seriously going to drag this crying for an entire week? How boring. I am done with this show. 

A lot of exciting new shows are starting/have already started. I am so impressed with the new content. I am moving on to bigger and better things. 

Goodbye and Take care. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Irshita,

helooo Irshita, good to see  you 

Hey Hammie - No comments from me today except that the mother is worse than the daughter. At least Sultanat knows Kainaat doesn't care for her. Zainab pretends to care and yet emotionally blackmails Sultanat at every turn.

it boils down to what seems is, far from the truth.. all those times when Sultanat used to comment about  Kainat's up bringing I used to roll my eyes.. have to agree with you  Kainat gets it from her mother..

The show is a drag fest. I guess they are going to explore the emotional depths of every character before the 2-hour time limit is up - 2 hours equals 5 episodes.

well, if only  cv's give viewers some worthwhile emotional complexities.. I  might hang on and not leave the show at this point.. But as a writer Irshita, it will discourage me immensely  if no readers are left for my work.. As for your comments, they seem so much an integral part of my posts..Hammie will be sad, to lose you Irshita..  love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Arshian

Hi Hammie.  hello Arshian, me glad to  hear from you 

I have officially decided to quit the show. A few of my friends watch it as well and they will let me know when Kainat's character will be given some justice. I may come back then. 

well regards you leaving my posts.. I am selfish and therefore I shall miss your input, terribly. As for justice for Kainat, that's the reason I am  still watching and writing about the show..

I have nothing to say about this show anymore. Saltanat's crying scene yesterday made me realize how fake I find the entire concept of love in this show. I couldn't feel her pain at all. I was actually rolling my eyes throughout the entire episode while SaRoon were going through a supposed "heartbreak". They literally gave Saltanat 10 minutes of crying time in a 20 minute episode.

well you know me.. their supposed pure love never engaged me.  Saltanat's heartbreak, as you put it was based on FB's to remind  viewers of the love.. 

The makers are just not understanding that their show is fetching them a 0.4 TRP so what is with the dragging? Why is the confession scene a week from now? Are they seriously going to drag this crying for an entire week? How boring. I am done with this show. 

thanks mate for updating me on the target viewers points.. its so obvious her silence and his tell me tell me rubbish is to stretch the track. Thank heavens for Kainat's misdeeds.. at least it maintains some  movement in the show..

A lot of exciting new shows are starting/have already started. I am so impressed with the new content. I am moving on to bigger and better things. 

hey.. which new shows are you heading towards? tell me.. 

Goodbye and Take care.  look  me not bidding you farewell.. I will watch out for your perchance  return.. However.. Arshian, thanks so very much for updating me  about the ratings of the show.. and your fantastic comments.. will miss you Arshian,  love hammie

Arshian14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hamlet53

Originally posted by Arshian

Hi Hammie.  hello Arshian, me glad to  hear from you 

well regards you leaving my posts.. I am selfish and therefore I shall miss your input, terribly. As for justice for Kainat, that's the reason I am  still watching and writing about the show..

well you know me.. their supposed pure love never engaged me.  Saltanat's heartbreak, as you put it was based on FB's to remind  viewers of the love.. 

thanks mate for updating me on the target viewers points.. its so obvious her silence and his tell me tell me rubbish is to stretch the track. Thank heavens for Kainat's misdeeds.. at least it maintains some  movement in the show..

hey.. which new shows are you heading towards? tell me.. 

Goodbye and Take care.  look  me not bidding you farewell.. I will watch out for your perchance  return.. However.. Arshian, thanks so very much for updating me  about the ratings of the show.. and your fantastic comments.. will miss you Arshian,  love hammie

I will miss you too. If you want, I can keep coming back and update you on the ratings. SPOILER ALERT: Kainat has literally fallen to the lowest level in today's episode. She successfully kidnaps Saltanat and locked her in a box to suffocate her to death. 

I see no redemption for Kainat in the near future so there is no point in hanging around especially when this show may not even last for a few more months. 

The shows I have always been watching are Ishq Subhan Allah (highly recommend- shows Islam in the correct light), RadhaKrishn (epitome of True Love) and Patiala Babes (Great message on women empowerment). The new show I have started is Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum (Highly recommend this as well). It is absolutely amazing. The concept is fresh and the leads are great actors. You MUST watch this. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Its about how two people with very busy careers (a surgeon and a popular TV actress) make time for love. It just resonated with me because its so relatable and realistic. 

Isharon Isharon mein on SonyTv is another interesting new concept that will begin mid-July. Its about a young man who is deaf and mute but is incredibly perceptive about his surroundings. ColorsTV new yet-to-be aired Muslim drama Bahu Begam has caught my interest as well. Apparently, its about two rival Muslim families. I wonder if its a Romeo-Juliet type love story.... I love these kinds of angsty love stories so I will probably watch this. 

To new beginnings---Cheers!

Edited by Arshian14 - 4 years ago
Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Hey Hammie,

I am not going anywhere. I will watch for now - even if I skip parts of the episode. As @Arshian points out, a lot of new shows are starting and I watch MOST of them. 

My personal philosophy is that ALL shows are excellent in the first week (fast paced and interesting), good for the next 2 months, and bearable for another 2 months, and beyond that 95% are total crap.

I am not sure what is keeping me hooked to show. I guess I really want to find out where the family, not just the leads but the whole family, is headed. I may or may not like the leads. But all characters including the side characters have been etched out with care. It feels like each side character could have a full story of their own.

On the other hand, as a writer, you may want to try greener pastures and find another show that catches your fancy and has a more active reader base. This may be a dying show. 

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago
Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hello hammie, 

Finally a sultanat - zaroon scene that was good. The dargah scene was neatly done.. you could feel for sultanat and zaroon.. although the bangle breaking could’ve been avoided.. ah but ITV usual trope.. so not surprised.. 

The show started out with so much potential for kainaat.. so many shades of stroke were used to portray her to intrigue us the audience... and gradually , she started losing them all.. and now she is only being painted in one black stroke.. I don’t see any light for her character anymore. 

I am really on a wait mode to see how the story takes a turn.. what is the story that saroon will get since the focus is going to be that.. kainaat’s role is going to be a typical vamp.. will saroon team up and try to expose kainaat in front of the family? Is that what the track is going to be.. a cat and mouse game between sultanat and kainaat? Honestly at this point, I can’t help but remember swaragini.. similar stuff.. except that here laksh and sanskaar are both zaroon here.. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

originally posted by Arshian14

hello mate, hope you catch my reply as am late in my response

I will miss you too. If you want, I can keep coming back and update you on the ratings. SPOILER ALERT: Kainat has literally fallen to the lowest level in today's episode. She successfully kidnaps Saltanat and locked her in a box to suffocate her to death. 

yes Arshian ,that would be lovely.. it'll make me updated about SPM..

I see no redemption for Kainat in the near future so there is no point in hanging around especially when this show may not even last for a few more months. 

what a shame ,it showed some potentail  in the start.. I'll see how it goes, in terms of writing about it.. readers seem to have gone already..

The shows I have always been watching are Ishq Subhan Allah (highly recommend- shows Islam in the correct light), RadhaKrishn (epitome of True Love) and Patiala Babes (Great message on women empowerment). The new show I have started is Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum (Highly recommend this as well). It is absolutely amazing. The concept is fresh and the leads are great actors. You MUST watch this. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Its about how two people with very busy careers (a surgeon and a popular TV actress) make time for love. It just resonated with me because its so relatable and realistic. 

I do watch Patiala babes's ominbus addition over the weekend. apart from the mother daughter duo, i actually see romance bewteen two adults who have caught the rough end of relationships.. Radhakishn i hope to watch till the very end.. dailouges are just brilliant..

Isharon Isharon mein on SonyTv is another interesting new concept that will begin mid-July. Its about a young man who is deaf and mute but is incredibly perceptive about his surroundings. ColorsTV new yet-to-be aired Muslim drama Bahu Begam has caught my interest as well. Apparently, its about two rival Muslim families. I wonder if its a Romeo-Juliet type love story.... I love these kinds of angsty love stories so I will probably watch this. 

Isharon sounds very interesting.. will check up on it for sure..  thanks for filling me in, 

To new beginnings---Cheers

thanks Arshian for responding to my questions.. listen you enjoy  and do pop by , whenever time allows you.. much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

originally posted by Irshita

Hey Hammie, hello and many pardons for such a late response.. was snowed down with work..

I am not going anywhere. I will watch for now - even if I skip parts of the episode. As @Arshian points out, a lot of new shows are starting and I watch MOST of them. 

this sure comes as a relief for me Irshita to have you beside me.. you are  gracious..

My personal philosophy is that ALL shows are excellent in the first week (fast paced and interesting), good for the next 2 months, and bearable for another 2 months, and beyond that 95% are total crap.

bravo! love the claim.. as for me I am looking out for repeat popular shows, I missed watching the first time, Diya and bati, is so far top of the list!

I am not sure what is keeping me hooked to show. I guess I really want to find out where the family, not just the leads but the whole family, is headed. I may or may not like the leads. But all characters including the side characters have been etched out with care. It feels like each side character could have a full story of their own.

love your supportive statement for the show despite slipping down ratings..  yes lets see what happens    about the legacy?  who is most suitable for inheriting it.. 

On the other hand, as a writer, you may want to try greener pastures and find another show that catches your fancy and has a more active reader base. This may be a dying show. 

this show Iam stubbornly stuck on ,because i covered it from the first episode, with a choice to write about it.. other shows may be popular , but  I feel lost as a writer ,if i join midway of the show.. so now watching the  zero responses on my posts.. may then I can get the message of resting my pen..

for your support, hammie is truly grateful.. besides more so for getting a chance to read your views too.. love hammie