Idealist or Realist?

peeyara thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
My mind is bugging with this question.
Is Babita right in being idealist and rejecting Alimony at a time when she dont have a single source of income? 

Cant she be a realist and claim alimony until she is financially stable?

Right now Babita and Mini are just thinking about daily survival and court fees. Babita isnt thinking about Mini's education.

I have a hope that may be Hanuman will help them understand that they should be realist and there is nothing wrong in it!

Opinions?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunaina02 thumbnail
Mini has every right to her father's money and they should claim her right .
It is up to Babita to decide whether she should claim anything or not but she should not deny Mini's right .

Edited by sunaina02 - 5 years ago
Padmajaan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I also feel that they should claim their rights even though in my own personal like I behaved like babita and let the guy get away scotfree and didn't ask for a single thing.
kit0kat thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Definitely go with the alimony and take everything that she is entitled to along with child support.   The hell with Ashok and Meeta.  Babita has paid her dues serving Ashok's family for 17 years.   Edited by kit0kat - 5 years ago
silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
She should have said yes to the child support
Raising children is BOTH parents jobs. If Ashok can't help in person then he should financially
dhun.laagi thumbnail
Ideally she should have made Ashok pay up for all the mental trauma she & Mini have suffered in this ordeal. Also, she has the RIGHT to make him pay atleast the fees of the lawyer since it is HIM who has been hell bent on getting divorce. But since they are trying to explore the two standing on their own feet and learning to fly, doubt even Hanuman Singh can explain and convince them to take anyone's money regardless of whether it is Ashok or himself..
Shilky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Mini n Babita are the kind of people for whom the whole concept of alimony is devised.
Not for the people who misuse it.
They deserve it genuinely n rightfully
Even if they don't seek ,the law order must enforce Ashok to pay them because they are genuinely in need and Mini specially..She is incapable of earning for herself ..she is not even 18..
Let's not confuse alimony with Babita's pride,honour or dignity
It's her need of the time and the moment.
arshi8927 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunaina02

Mini has every right to her father's money and they should claim her right .

It is up to Babita to decide whether she should claim anything or not but she should not deny Mini's right .

True, Mini has right on her father's money. At least they should think about her education.

I understand Mini and Babitha's stand but it is not wrong to demand for alimony for her daughter's future. It is not like she is going to ask for all his property.

I applaud Babitha wish to do a job, to become financially but in today's world, it is too tough to get a job. Even freshers (recently graduated) fails in securing jobs then it is really very hard for Babitha. If they show as soon as Babitha attends an interview and securing a job then it will be a big joke. No, I am not pointing towards her intelligence but this is how company works. As soon as you graduate and secure a job it is good if you remain jobless for a year...two year...the interviewer will think hard to hire you. I have faced this question, my friends had faced this. Why will he choose someone who had no experience and had been home all these years when they can have fresh talent coming out every year.  And Babitha had completed her degree  years before.

Either they need to show this phase where getting a job is difficult or since her culinary skills are good she can try her luck in it or they can even start taking tuition for children.

Mini can take tutions I think.

If CVs are going to go by showing reality then they should show Babitha receiving alimony since she had no source of income. At least the court should demand it.

Edited by arshi8927 - 5 years ago
divyadaya13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Indeed alimony is for deserving people like babes and mini who have been abandoned by one and all. I can understand what a self respecting woman like babes is going through. She and mini dont deserve their present state. 
Though ashok will assume he is giving bheek, but the way he was barking and behaving like a mad dog after knowing about alimony gave me satisfaction.  😆
Edited by divyadaya13 - 5 years ago
SK1509 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Alimony is a spouse's right. Babita has confused it with pride and self-sufficiency but HS is definitely right that she's being childish.

At the very least Mini needs her stake in the property.