Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Golden-dew

Badhaai ho was actually a daily soap squeezed n catered as a motion picture. Neena did well in the part and did exactly what is required of her without making her character a caricature. That takes immense talent as an actor to put a " . " where its needed n not many 'actors' know how to. So in my opinion yes she was good.

This is what I wanted to say but didn't have the right words.😊
GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ratukrus

She was brilliant. Just the way she delivers that line 'tumhari inni sab baaton ka nateeja hai ye'. 

EDIT - Unrelated but there's a Neena video that me and my friends watch whenever we want to laugh. 

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dToQdrDkMAY[/YOUTUBE]

WTH is this? 🀣 And I thought I had watched everything from the late 90s and early 2000s, and remember them all. ETA: I think she thought she'd also become popular like Ila Arun with this music video. Okay, just noticed the title... It's Go to Court Court Court... And I thought those moushis were saying bhotu koot koot koot 🀣

Tbh, she was a part of that great actors' group from the 80s, but she was a shit actor (Not compared to the others from that group, she was generally bad). I haven't watched Badhai Ho so I can't comment on her acting in BH... many bad/average actors became better with age (Like Neetu), many great actors forgot acting at old age (Like Jaya Bachchan).
Edited by hantel - 5 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Neena Gupta by her own standards wasn't as good or maybe there wasn't much to do with her character. I've seen her work and she's been terrific in her past roles.

I think the true show stealer was Surekha Sikri and the guy who played the father's role. They were amazing!

you took the words out of my mouth. The old lady was the lead actress for me. I was laughing out and out on her. Amazing performance. I read she won best supporting actress on screens, I am happy about that.
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
She did very well but Gajraj and Surekha sikri .were  waybetter
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
india forums pe acting decipher aise hota hai jaise NSD products ke saath discussion ho raha hai πŸ˜†
Ratukrus thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hantel

WTH is this? 🀣 And I thought I had watched everything from the late 90s and early 2000s, and remember them all. ETA: I think she thought she'd also become popular like Ila Arun with this music video. Okay, just noticed the title... It's Go to Court Court Court... And I thought those moushis were saying bhotu koot koot koot 🀣

Tbh, she was a part of that great actors' group from the 80s, but she was a shit actor (Not compared to the others from that group, she was generally bad). I haven't watched Badhai Ho so I can't comment on her acting in BH... many bad/average actors became better with age (Like Neetu), many great actors forgot acting at old age (Like Jaya Bachchan).

Haha, it's one of those hidden gems. Now we even know the lyrics of the song. It gets super catchy after a while. πŸ˜†
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
for me the movie was all about neena gupta and gajraj rao, they made the movie so enjoyable and special, their relationship was too cute! tbh they were the lead actors of the film, ayushman and sanya were more supporting roles i feltEdited by zara321 - 5 years ago
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
surekha Sikri and Aayushmaan stood out...Gajraj Rao was good too...Neena Gupta was good but nothing extra ordinary. 
Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think all actors got equal amount of praise and they all deserved it. My favourite was surekha sikhriπŸ‘ 
Coming to neena gupta, I am happy that now atleast she is getting some recognition. I wish she had got more work and substantial roles in BW. She is a very talented actress. I remember her serial saans in 90's she was too good in it. She played a emotional yet strong woman. 
Her role in badhaai ho was graceful and likeable.
Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

Not many realize that the so-called 'not putting any effort to act on screen' requires the most effort. Neena's subtle expressions and mannerisms were what made the movie so believable (along with the other veterans and Ayushman). 

You put it so eloquently in words, thanks for that.