Was Neena Gupta Even Good in Badhai Ho?

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 years ago
I mean she was okay in the movie, but why is everyone acting as if she delivered some kind of pathbreaking performance?
I didnt see anything great in it and nor do I think the hype is deserved.

Even Rani didnt get this much attention with Hitchki and she did an amazing job in that movie?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ratukrus thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
She was brilliant. Just the way she delivers that line 'tumhari inni sab baaton ka nateeja hai ye'.

EDIT - Unrelated but there's a Neena video that me and my friends watch whenever we want to laugh.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dToQdrDkMAY[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Ratukrus - 5 years ago
1103978 thumbnail
I agree ... movie itself was OK-ay! .. I felt very underwhelmed after seeing the movie .. it didn't match up the hype nor did the characters! ... they all seemed very uni-dimensional along with the flat storyline ... there were no curves throughout the movie! ... When I compare this to Andhadhun, hype fall flat while Andhadhun was another beast to tackle with! ... That movie was worth every second of it!
Neena Gupta was AL-right too! ... All she did was get pregnant and roam around with her big belly throughout the movie ... 😆 [no offence to those who loved her]
791198 thumbnail
Neena Gupta by her own standards wasn't as good or maybe there wasn't much to do with her character. I've seen her work and she's been terrific in her past roles.

I think the true show stealer was Surekha Sikri and the guy who played the father's role. They were amazing!
1156575 thumbnail
Same here. For most of the movie she was playing old pregnant lady which didn't require a lot of effort to begin with
Maroonporsche thumbnail
The grandmother speech in defense of neena and Ayushmans speech to Sanya's Mom were the highlights
791198 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DragonBoy49

The grandmother speech in defense of neena and Ayushmans speech to Sanya's Mom were the highlights

The grandmother speech got a round of applause from the theater I was at. That was awesome. I had a bunch of old white people next to me and they were all clapping in glee. 😆
priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

I loved the movie it dealt with a different hatke subject in a light hearted way
It was so easy for her character to make the audience feel out of place but she handled it well
Edited by priya185 - 5 years ago
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Badhaai ho was actually a daily soap squeezed n catered as a motion picture. Neena did well in the part and did exactly what is required of her without making her character a caricature. That takes immense talent as an actor to put a " . " where its needed n not many 'actors' know how to. So in my opinion yes she was good.
441597 thumbnail
Not many realize that the so-called 'not putting any effort to act on screen' requires the most effort. Neena's subtle expressions and mannerisms were what made the movie so believable (along with the other veterans and Ayushman).