Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kwerky thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Wisian

And then after a while when you hear that song again, you will again remember coping with that grief...
For me --- I listened to "Tere Bin" on repeat when I was leaving India. And every time since, whenever I listen to that song, my mind gets filled with the heady excitement of those days all over again. 😳

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIrU21hoHys[/YOUTUBE]

😳 That's so true - a song triggering an emotion that matches the emotion/feeling we felt at the time when an event or series of events happened in our life. Happens with me when some songs or even albums come up even after so many years.
Kwerky thumbnail

I guess, things must be in place by now. πŸ˜ƒ
I am very happy to hear that you have finally found your nest there...

I have probably said this before... Settling in only begins when you have your own home, when you have figured out where to buy your groceries from, when you start cooking your own meals, and when life finally falls into a comfortable routine...

Now the next step would be to build a social circle... Have you made new friends already?

No, haven't made any friends yet. :( I had a friend (probably more of an acquaintanceπŸ˜† ) from Singapore who was living in KL for the last 2 years. The week we moved here, she moved back to Singapore. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Usually, it takes me time to make friends. It's a lot of effort for me to open up to new people easliy, but have been working on it. 😳

@bold: True. True. True. Have put away and arranged most of our household items by now. A few things are still left and they have been left for a few days now. πŸ˜†Should have tackled everything together because once I rest, it's tough to get out of that inertia. 😳
Kwerky thumbnail

In the end, I decided to pare down my belongings to the bare minimum. This was a rather painful process, but I think, it makes sense to not take much stuff to Delhi. My mother has everything at home, so I have confined myself to filling up just the two suitcases that I am allowed to take on the flight.

In pichhley dinon mein mainey sab kuchh de diya...
Everything didn't go all at once - a lot got taken away on the first day itself, and that night, in my almost-empty flat, I wept very bitterly. But on subsequent days, I've done better. Baba ki yehi marzi hai... 😊 ... So, I will have to be stoic.

I still have to do a thorough cleaning... and sort out small matters about the cable and electricity bills... And then, it'll be time to fly back.

πŸ’” I can imagine how you must have felt through the process. Thank you for sharing that. But happy for you and proud of you... seeing how you have handled it, Wisu. ⭐️⭐️
Lots of love and hugs is all I can offer. β€οΈπŸ€—

Kwerky thumbnail

I don't know how regularly I will post in the next days - maybe I will be prolific because I will need the distraction of IF to cope with the upheavals of real life, or maybe I will be too busy/engrossed with everyday life... Nevertheless, at the very latest, within a few weeks when things settle down a bit, I will show up here...

So just letting you know...
If I am not around, do miss me, okay. πŸ˜›πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Got it.😊
And will miss you.😳😳

Where is GG again? :)
Kwerky thumbnail

Leaving for tonight, or for a while (IDK)...

With hugs for both of you... πŸ€—πŸ€—

πŸ€—πŸ€—

Word Count: 0

Wisian thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kwerky

Safe travels, Wisu. Best wishes and hugs. πŸ€—πŸ€—

Thank you, Kwerky. πŸ€—πŸ€—
I will fly from Geneva tomorrow afternoon... I will be in Delhi on Sunday.
Wisian thumbnail

😳 That's so true - a song triggering an emotion that matches the emotion/feeling we felt at the time when an event or series of events happened in our life. Happens with me when some songs or even albums come up even after so many years.

It happens with songs, but also with everything else.
Scientifically speaking, I was once talking to someone big in this field, and he told me that there is enough evidence to support the idea that associative memory and conditioning apply to all sensory stimulation... and these are tied very intrinsically with emotional responses.

In fact, come to think of it... There is this very famous passage that everyone studies in French class (from a much bigger novel that nobody reads). It was written by the novelist Marcel Proust, and was basically about how eating a cake (a madeleine actually) dipped in tea evoked a deluge of memories. πŸ˜†
For me, the equivalent of the madeleine will be the humble roti. I can't make them... πŸ˜›... So, the only time I get to eat them is when I go back home.
Wisian thumbnail

No, haven't made any friends yet. :( I had a friend (probably more of an acquaintanceπŸ˜† ) from Singapore who was living in KL for the last 2 years. The week we moved here, she moved back to Singapore. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Usually, it takes me time to make friends. It's a lot of effort for me to open up to new people easliy, but have been working on it. 😳

@bold: True. True. True. Have put away and arranged most of our household items by now. A few things are still left and they have been left for a few days now. πŸ˜†Should have tackled everything together because once I rest, it's tough to get out of that inertia. 😳

You are very efficient.
When I moved to Switzerland, I brought very little stuff along from the US. No furniture at all... just clothes/shoes/perfumes/kitchen utensils... Everything could easily fit into a couple of boxes. And it took me such a long time to put even these in place... But then again, I had to get a new kitchen installed in the flat, so the utensils couldn't be taken out just yet.
My wardrobe didn't get delivered on time, so I ended up fishing out clothes and shoes from the boxes everyday...

@Friends: Well, for you, I guess, it is not such an urgency... You have your husband to keep you entertained. πŸ˜ƒ
Wisian thumbnail

Got it.😊
And will miss you.😳😳

Where is GG again? :)

Hehe... πŸ˜†

I will miss you too. 😳😳
Wisian thumbnail