|| Radha, Hate, Duality, and Other things ||

Muggle_Diaries thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi all,
I just completed the first 9 episodes of the serial. I liked the story so far.  It got little bit of cheesy in 2nd and 3rd episodes, which was fine because it did not go overboard. I loved what I saw till now. I just had to share few of my thoughts with you all. This could be long post. Apologies in advance.

1) Characters vs Concepts: I do not follow any religion. But I am a deeply spiritual person. I love reading mythology since childhood. And according to me the story of Mahabharata, a story of mankind, is one of the greatest ever written. These stories in its own is a beautiful thing to read. However, they are not straight forward. Mythology, especially Mahabharata and Ramayana, are also about concepts. There is always a hidden meaning, a message, a thought, or a debate  cleverly concealed within the story. This leads to my 2nd point.    

2) Who is Radha and what does she represents? Here again we can the layers in the story.  Radha represents love. The unbound, unconditional love not confined within the boundaries of the society. This love defies the rules and cultural norms of the society. There are no labels. This love just exists. Radha also represents one of the path towards your God. This shows that there is no one absolute way to reach your destination. You can love( Prem) your god or you can worship your god (Bhakti). Each and every path you take will lead to your destination if you wish it so. If Radha represents the concept of Love, Meera represents the concept of Bhakti. 

3) Love and Hatred: Absence of love is not hate. It is APATHY. Love and Hate are the same sides of a coin. There is a thin line between these two.

4) Duality: I once a beautiful play in English which was translated by Tamil. This explored the duality so beautifully. Krishna is a good very example of the duality that exists in nature. He breaks the gender stereotypes we have today. He has both masculine and feminine characteristics which is how nature is. Observe the way he walks (Sumedh has done a great job with the body language) it is not a masculine walk. It is slightly feminine. The tribhanga pose with which Krishan always stands is an ode, a tribute to the femininity in nature. Likewise, you can see duality every where. Masculinity and femininity, love and hate, joy and sadness, day and night etc. We all are capable of both goodness and evil both. 

5) Journey of Radha:  It is about our own journey towards true empathy, love for ourselves, love for everyone, love for this universe, love towards your own god. It is about cleansing our souls, getting rid of the things which are eating our soul from within. How many times have we carried our anger towards someone? How many times have we held grudges? How many times have we shown empathy? Sometimes you need to tear down a building which does not have a strong core and rebuild again. Sometimes we have to hit a rock bottom to understand ourselves, and rise again. 

Let me know your thoughts. I would love to read them.

Love
Kshithi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Hello Kshithi.
A beautiful name you have!

Loved reading your post. Loved all points, specially that of duality. When Vishnu takes the Mohini avatar, He aptly represents how women can make and break things  😆
I love Sumedh's body language. It's so soft, and tender and graceful, not a stiff manly walk, unlike Balram. The difference is subtle but important.

Whether it's His flute playing or the raas, it's so graceful.

The journey of Radha is essential for humankind to understand the true meaning of love. It goes from ignorance to enlightenment and identifying the God within you.
Can't await to see what's in store next and how will Radha bring back her memories.
Edited by Mishti_Dahi - 5 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hello Kshthi. Nice to see you here and what a beautiful post you have made. I agree to you completely. Feminine and Masculine exists in both of us. Krishna is called Poornavatar because he was complete in himself. The masculine and feminine aspect is there in him,unlike Ram which is more masculine and feminine aspect is completed through Sita. 
And the last part it is our own journey. Very true. That's why I am loving this show. Journey of Jeevatma to Paramatma overcoming the limitations of this world.
Sutapasima thumbnail
Welcome to the forum Kshithi 😃
I loved reading your post ... especially the duality part .. completely agree with you ... looking forwards to reading more posts from you 

Kshithi is a Bengali name (originally Sanskrit )... in Bengali it means 'earth'... am I right ?? are you Bengali ?? 
Edited by Sutapasima - 5 years ago
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mishti_Dahi

Hello Kshithi.

A beautiful name you have!

Loved reading your post. Loved all points, specially that of duality. When Vishnu takes the Mohini avatar, He aptly represents how women can make and break things  😆
I love Sumedh's body language. It's so soft, and tender and graceful, not a stiff manly walk, unlike Balram. The difference is subtle but important.

Whether it's His flute playing or the raas, it's so graceful.

The journey of Radha is essential for humankind to understand the true meaning of love. It goes from ignorance to enlightenment and identifying the God within you.
Can't await to see what's in store next and how will Radha bring back her memories.

Thanks a lot Mishti. 😳  

Yes. Sumedh'a portrayal is very graceful. I don't know why we have such stupid stereotypes about females and males. If this helps to break the stereotypes just a little bit, it will be so good. 

In a way journey of Radha is the journey of all of us. I too am looking forward to what happens next.

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Hello Kshthi. Nice to see you here and what a beautiful post you have made. I agree to you completely. Feminine and Masculine exists in both of us. Krishna is called Poornavatar because he was complete in himself. The masculine and feminine aspect is there in him,unlike Ram which is more masculine and feminine aspect is completed through Sita. 

And the last part it is our own journey. Very true. That's why I am loving this show. Journey of Jeevatma to Paramatma overcoming the limitations of this world.

Thanks Shruthi.

It is good to see you too. 

Bold - Very true. Krishna is a mixture of masculine and feminine characteristics. I feel we unnecessary make everything complected when we type cast males and females and say both should have mutually exclusive characteristics, and we are so rigid with that, when someone steers clear of stereotypes, we exclude them from our society.    

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Welcome to the forum Kshithi 😃

I loved reading your post ... especially the duality part .. completely agree with you ... looking forwards to reading more posts from you 

Kshithi is a Bengali name (originally Sanskrit )... in Bengali it means 'earth'... am I right ?? are you Bengali ?? 

Thanks Suta (I hope this is your name 😳)

You are right Kshithi is a Sanskrit word and it means Earth. But I am a Kannadiga. 😊

Love
Kshithi

Sutapasima thumbnail

Originally posted by: Muggle_Diaries

Thanks Suta (I hope this is your name 😳)

You are right Kshithi is a Sanskrit word and it means Earth. But I am a Kannadiga. 😊

Love
Kshithi

I am Sutapa ... its a Bengali/Sanskrit word which means beautiful tapaswini    I am half Bengali half Punjabi ... 
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Hello!

Wow! Lovely words on a beautiful concept!

While we are discussing duality, can we also touch upon dwaita and adwaita...how God is "just one" but at the same time he is everywhere.

Take the eg of Rasa Leela, Krishna is only one- and unlike anyone else- but still he dances with and entertains every single Gopi of Vrindavan.

Also, another aspect of the same is how the Trinity behave...they are simultaneously (Quoting Ramanand Sagar here) devotees AND masters of one another!
Push-pull thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Beautiful post 👏 and wanted to comment on it to keep it bookmarked in My Posts.  😳
Every point in bang on and thoughtful.. 👍🏼

I'm looking forward to Radha's journey.. The journey that will transform her from a normal human form, which has every trait of a normal human-being to the pure soul form of Radha, which is filled with love, breaking all the traits.. 

I hope she doesn't get her memory just like that making the instant transformation but I would like to see how the transformation can happen to any human being on earth.. And how everyone of us have a Radha in us that is capable of loving in it's purest form breaking all the traits that we use as excuses to hold back ourselves from doing so..