50 shades of Krishna!

J2lover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
            Just caught up with last week's episodes, and the only question which is bugging me, since yesterday's episode is, why is our protagonist behaving like a anti-hero all the time, in front of radha?😆 I mean, creating a unique version of krishna is one thing, makers, but making him pretend like a diplomatic, shrewd mayaavi, all the time, in front of radha is totally confusing me!😆 I mean, loving someone, and then pretending to be the villian in her eyes, doesn't really click me, you know!  

I love the dual personality of his,otherwise though! He behaves and acts like a normal  human being in front of his parents, his gaaowaasis  and in front of the world, could be totally understood! But why pretend to be a cowardice in front of radha?😆 Oops, and yesterday, our teen-lord took on a different mantle of being a PLAYER in front of radha!😆 Player who has come to barsana with a motive, who is going to capture barsana one day?!ðŸĪ”😆 Why can't he simply, do 2-3 acts to impress her, rather than always tricking her?!😆 Why keep scaring her all the time?😆 Somtimes, in my head, am like, 'paane' ke liye pyaar nai karna aapko, na sahi! But atleast, don't make her hate you!

And then, after all this farce, how are NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS like radha and ayan expected to behave NICELY with him?😆 I mean, no matter how much the mythology says that radha was an eternal lover of krishna, which she would be in the future, but for now, the makers at swastik, has decided to keep her HUMAN! And frankly, if anybody creates a FOREST in front of me, or threaten to control my village, i would definitely stay away from him!😆 I mean, my first reaction would be, HE IS NOT NORMAL! That's exactly what a NORMAL HUMAN BEING would do! That's what radha's state of mind is! So, that's why is feel, krishna should calm her down a bit, instead of being the TRICKSTER all the time!

As far as, my thinking goes, for radha to start being NICE to him, he should atleast give her ONE good reason? Be a NORMAL HUMAN LOVER, you'll get a NORMAL HUMAN REACTION in return!ðŸ˜ģ hai na? After all, taali dono haath se bajti hai na?😆

At the same time, when she isn't in direct conversation with him, he's the most SOFT-HEARTED person ever! So, that bothers me more! The way he looks at her otherwise, is heart-melting!ðŸ˜ģ Every moment, he keeps thinking about her! Her, smallest pain, he takes on to himself! The beautiful lines, he addressed to her, while making vrindavan, were simply MAGICAL! He pines for her, tears just roll out of his eyes, even at her thought!ðŸ˜ģ  and yet, he sways her away from her? So, why this hypocritic behaviour?😕 Can't figure out the thought process behind it!😆

PS: No offense to any krishna fans or devotees here! My views were on the CHARACTERIZATION of krishna, of THIS PARTICULAR SHOW ONLY!ðŸ˜ģ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Your views are debatable and there are many points to ponder.  The Makers and the Writer are the creators of this Radha and Krishna who are behaving in a dubious way since their inception here! 
Their characterization in this serial is entirely different from the real Radha and Krishna from ancient scriptures like Bhagavatam, and Upanishads. Normally Krishna was famous as a prankster, and Radha was a devoted lover of her Krishna .  Here , Radha is more lenient towards Ayan and  Krishna is more than a prankster.  Ayan and Jatila are occupying more screen space than the Radha Krishna ! 
AreYaar thumbnail
I found most of last week to be a drag despite some beautiful bits like the creation of Vrindavan and some nice lines from Krishna. 

Other than that, the story is at a standstill...seriously they spent one whole week on that Bakasur? lol how long are we supposed to keep watching a giant stork flapping it's wings? 

As for what Krishna is trying to do...I can only hazard a guess that he is trying to help Radha conquer her fears...that is what he stated was going to be the goal of this latest leela...she was angry at him so he's shifted that anger into outright fear now and is stoking it as much as he can. Maybe the goal is to help wean her off that fear by getting it all out of her...making her face all her worst fears and suspicions about him rather than just keeping them inside her...maybe once she faces those fears, she can move past them. 

He isn't trying to endear himself to her cuz he feels that she first needs to get rid of the fear and prejudice that she is filled with...this is my estimation for now...the show isn't really making it clear and is mostly dragging the whole thing a bit like a cartoon especially vis a vis this Bakasur and random prolonged scenes of Ayan chasing Krishna all over the forest trying to beat him up...lol 
J2lover thumbnail
resEdited by J2lover - 5 years ago
J2lover thumbnail

Originally posted by: J2lover

I always felt, swastik always makes their mytho shows, very relevant to the youth! Right from the costumes, to the characterization of every character! They MODERNIZE EVERYTHING! They take up, the name and background of that original personality and just transform it, according to their need! That's what i have inferred! May it be MB or Karn! So, even in case of RK, they have kept the essential plotlines, as it as, but otherwise, its totally their story, its as if, they are showing mytho-fiction!😆 But then, we are not watching a documentary, you see! Its indian audience we are talking about, and its a daily show, telecasting on prime time! So, i feel, if not totally 100%, at least, 40-50% would be true! So, why not watch it, as a mode of entertainment, rather than, being disappointed, that how these characters are not like REAL ones! Also, one thing we are forgetting, the GOLOK radha- krishna are the END GAME! So, however, may, the journey is shown, at the END, we would be getting the REAL RK in the last episode, i am sure!😃ðŸ˜ģ

@RED: hehe! I totally agree on this one!😆 I was hoping, there wouldn't be out-n-out VILLAINS in this show, in the first place! Wasn't kans enough?😆 But, alas! The love for negativity, never fades away in indian shows!😆 I actually, still don't get it, why is jatila so, intensely against krishna!😆 Whatever issues she has, its with radha's family actually!😆 At least, makers should have given some valid reasons!😆

J2lover thumbnail
res2Edited by J2lover - 5 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail
Well said ! The Swastik people changed the storyline to suit their tastes and modern day requirements! But my main worry is why almost all the serials are giving much importance to negativity to attract viewers, why they are assuming that there should be a sufficient [!!!??] number of villains and vamps present in the show to move the story forward? If you have taken an eternal romantic story , what is the need to project Ayan , Jatila as the main characters and why they changed Vrishbhan as a possessive father rather than an understanding elder ? And most importantly Radha never bothered about the societal norms and that days' specific traditions. She was a devoted lover of that Divine Krishna.
They have a dreamlike Hero and Heroine, very good looking and highly talented actors in lead roles and esp with Mallika as a very good dancer in their kitty, why they are keeping her an expressionless girl with a confused soul ?!  In fact, there is no need for Ayan and Jatila , let them be as passive characters, no need to make them as deeprooted and closely associated family friends with Radha and her family ! I feel somewhere the cvs lost their floral bedecked path and slipped into a muddy path with that Ayan obsession !!!
No offense to anyone , just it is a discussion, shared my ideas with you  .😊
J2lover thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I found most of last week to be a drag despite some beautiful bits like the creation of Vrindavan and some nice lines from Krishna. 

The poem, krishna addressed for radha, while running and creating vrindavan was the only SUBSTANTIAL part to talk about last week!😆

Other than that, the story is at a standstill...seriously they spent one whole week on that Bakasur? lol how long are we supposed to keep watching a giant stork flapping it's wings? 

I know, right! On the top of that, I found bakasur's CGI, extremely funny!😆  As, you said, all he was doing, was flapping wings!😆 He was SQUINT-EYED also, i feel!😆 They seriously need to work a little bit on the visual graphics of these DEVILS!😆

As for what Krishna is trying to do...I can only hazard a guess that he is trying to help Radha conquer her fears...that is what he stated was going to be the goal of this latest leela...she was angry at him so he's shifted that anger into outright fear now and is stoking it as much as he can. Maybe the goal is to help wean her off that fear by getting it all out of her...making her face all her worst fears and suspicions about him rather than just keeping them inside her...maybe once she faces those fears, she can move past them. 

He isn't trying to endear himself to her cuz he feels that she first needs to get rid of the fear and prejudice that she is filled with...this is my estimation for now...the show isn't really making it clear and is mostly dragging the whole thing a bit like a cartoon especially vis a vis this Bakasur and random prolonged scenes of Ayan chasing Krishna all over the forest trying to beat him up...lol 

They seriously wasted friday and saturday's episode, doing nothing!😆😕 The story is moving at a snail's pace, you see! I don't understand, what is the motive of showing these ayan-radha-krishna scenes! I just hope, ayan-radha teaming up against krishna and krishna pretending, doesn't become monotonous in future! 

Kaalia Naag, coming up though!ðŸĨģI hope, radha would notice, some of krishna's herioism while battling kaalia!ðŸ˜ģ Its high time, she sees HIM through, the fake projection of his!

J2lover thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Well said ! The Swastik people changed the storyline to suit their tastes and modern day requirements! But my main worry is why almost all the serials are giving much importance to negativity to attract viewers, why they are assuming that there should be a sufficient [!!!??] number of villains and vamps present in the show to move the story forward? If you have taken an eternal romantic story , what is the need to project Ayan , Jatila as the main characters and why they changed Vrishbhan as a possessive father rather than an understanding elder ? And most importantly Radha never bothered about the societal norms and that days' specific traditions. She was a devoted lover of that Divine Krishna.

They have a dreamlike Hero and Heroine, very good looking and highly talented actors in lead roles and esp with Mallika as a very good dancer in their kitty, why they are keeping her an expressionless girl with a confused soul ?!  In fact, there is no need for Ayan and Jatila , let them be as passive characters, no need to make them as deeprooted and closely associated family friends with Radha and her family ! I feel somewhere the cvs lost their floral bedecked path and slipped into a muddy path with that Ayan obsession !!!
No offense to anyone , just it is a discussion, shared my ideas with you  .😊

Yep! They could have easily shown, THE SOCIETY, THE PARAMPARAS and somewhat VRISHBHAN's CONVENTIONAL views, to be the MAIN VILLAINS in the story! It would have even made the story, more REAL! I hope, they shift the spotlight from the villians! I see, poor balram, who is one of the primary characters, THE LEAST actually!😆 I so wish, they show radha-krishna-balram trio more than anyone!ðŸ˜ģ
   Poor mallika!😆 For now, she is just a REACTIVE character to sumedh's krishna! I hope, her acting prowess is used to the fullest!⭐ïļ
Viswasruti thumbnail
@J2 lover --Yep! They could have easily shown, THE SOCIETY, THE PARAMPARAS and somewhat VRISHBHAN's CONVENTIONAL views, to be the MAIN VILLAINS in the story! It would have even made the story, more REAL! I hope, they shift the spotlight from the villians! I see, poor balram, who is one of the primary characters, THE LEAST actually!😆 I so wish, they show radha-krishna-balram trio more than anyone!ðŸ˜ģ
   Poor mallika!😆 For now, she is just a REACTIVE character to sumedh's krishna! I hope, her acting prowess is used to the fullest!⭐ïļ
Bold -- well said . She is just a reactive character , but waiting to see her acting and dancing talent, I am sure for which she is excellent.😊