Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angel_10 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

He certainly did not desrve all this. yes he took hundreds of lives but at war it's not like he killed them because he felt like it. He wasn't a dictator. He just wanted to make his country a better place. But other countries decided to barge in and take charge. what was he supposed to do? Yes he gave hard punishments for little sins, but if you want to run a country that is going in the wrong direction you have to be strict at first. suppose you had a garden and planted beautiful flowers then, out of nowhere someone decided to step on all of them?? wouldn't you feeel bad? That's what happend to Saddam. I dont think it was fair at all that they decided to execute him on Eid. If they wanted to execute him, they should've killed him a few days later and let him do his prayers. Im not saying this bcoz im a Sunni muslim,but im saying this beacause i understand his situation. He was an honest man and always prayed 5 times a day. He followed  the rules and regulations that Allah presented to the world.

If not hanged, what else could have been the punishment for him, if you were the judge?

remaining in prison for the rest of his life.

The things he did to other ppl, do you think him being hanged is the same as what he did to others?

yes,it is.

Do you think they should have waited a little longer before excuting him, atlest till Eid?😕

defenetely

What would you have felt if a victim who had been killed by Saddam was your relative or somewhere related to you?

i wud be mad and id mourn for my relaitive, but then realise the fact that Allah calls the noble early.

and atlast: Was Saddam in any way a good leader to the Iraqi's?

yes,he was much better and he always wished the best for Iraq

Edited by angel_10 - 17 years ago
CuteFairy91 thumbnail
Hi. First off all I dont think it was right to execute him. All they show on tv is half of da Iraqi.. Not suniz who r mad over it.. N just to takeover Iraq USA attacked Saddam..
*Shama* thumbnail
I agree with his execution. The man had wronged so many people. If my near and dear one was killed by his hands, I know I'd want justice, too.
Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I don't agree…am not justifying Saddam's action and I know what ever Saddam has done earlier was wrong…but  this execution not only will fuel and deepen the Shia-Sunni divide in Iraq and the entire Middle-east….and also will destroy the every little chance of Iraq's stability!!

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
They should not have video filmed the hanging though, it was in bad taste.
*Shama* thumbnail

Originally posted by: SolidSnake

They should not have video filmed the hanging though, it was in bad taste.

I agree. As much as I think Saddam deserved it, I can't bring myself to watch it.

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: *Shama*

I agree. As much as I think Saddam deserved it, I can't bring myself to watch it.

I agree. But  their reasoning for filming it was that no one would believe that he had really died if they hadn't. Personally I thought it was disgusting to document such a thing and then show it on international television. In very bad taste...every time they showed in on TV I had to turn away...it was simply too painful to watch. But a spokesperson for the young Iraqis in UK said that we should take this into perspective - he said that the way the world was behaving, it was aas if they had executed Nelson Mandela, and not a brutal tyrant.

Does it matter that he was a brutal, ruthless man and not a peacemaker like Mr. Mandela? Should that change the way we view his execution? Britain opposes the death penalty PUBLICLY, but I am sure that behind the scenes will be jubilant faces...

Also, he was executed for the Dujail killings. Do you people think that he should have been tried for all his numerous other crimes? Some Kurdish communities expressed their frustration at the fact  that he did not have to face up to those crimes. Was the execution rushed, simply in order to get rid of him? The British Foriegn Secretary Margaret Beckett said in a press release that he "has been held to account". Has he?
Edited by psawyer - 17 years ago
Kohinoorfan thumbnail
I hate him ..he deserved it !!He was not a good Leader..he was a tyrant !!!He shud have been tortured more !!
sareg thumbnail

Originally posted by: Iiron

But who used to support him and who hanged him?? It is like one devil punishing other devil

But one less devil remaining, no Lohabhai?

😉

Edited by sareg - 17 years ago
mini2390 thumbnail

i think it was just totally wrong...

yes saddam did kill a lot of people, he did fight unnecessary wars, but we shudnt forget these wars that iraq fought against its neighbors, kuwait and iran back in the years was due to the USA... saddam and the USA were like friends, the USA itself made iraq go against islamic nations lyk iran and kuwait, and now they execute their own so called friend-saddam hussain, and that too on a day were half of the Muslims were celebrating EID!!!!! 😕 and ppl talk of the betterment in iraq??????

i dont get how sum ppl cud even think that now that saddam is dead, there will be peace and freedom in iraq, i mean the past 3 years saddam wasnt even the leader of iraq... so wat did this iraqi govt. accomplish??? nothing, and the reason is that this iraqi govt was put up by the americans, so obviously they r just usa puppets.... and we shud not forget one thing saddam may have been cruel during his leadership, but his nation always had regular schooling, proper education, proper meals, a typical everyday life, homes, electricity and a peaceful home to live in, but now wat doz iraq have???? nothing... everything is destroyed, iraq is nothing but an abadoned destroyed country, and ppl talk about bringing democracy and liberty after saddam's execution!

this execution will only cause shias and sunnis to further create violence in iraq, already a 100 ppl died after saddam's execution! 

in my opinion it was no justice, it was only revenge!!!

Edited by mini2390 - 17 years ago