Nov. 3rd: A Father's Insecurities

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Another layered episode to round off the week...this has been a rare week for the show where I didn't see any draggy fillers happening...the story and narrative built up steadily throughout the week 👏

So Sudevi threw Radha under the bus after all😆...perhaps Radha deserved it for trying to micromanage this whole situation to begin with😆...the friend she  held so dear threw her under the bus within minutes once she found the courage to stand up for her love. 😆

Jokes apart, the intent was clear to show that Radha hid something from her father despite knowing the truth for so long. And that is what jolted Vrishbhaan so much and led to Radha feeling guilty. 

The most striking dialogue from Vrishbhaan today was him saying that Radha always saw the world from HIS perspective...so how did she now form her own different perspective? Such a fallacy, this. I was reminded of one of the Krishna Vaanis from a few days back when he talked about how parents in their love for their children sometimes become so extra attached that they want to keep them caged to their own perspectives and not let them fly...today that parent was Vrishbhaan. How disappointing to see a man who otherwise took pride in having a daughter wanting to impose only his worldview on her. No wonder Radha is the way she is...in the guise of love, Vrishbhaan has only wanted to make her in his own image...a clone of his thinking. 

So ofcourse with a smile she gives Vrishbhaan the promise he demands...while on the other end, we see a Krishna fully aware of the future, knowing the pain this promise will bring to him and Radha...but he can only let the story play out as it's meant to be. 

I also was really glad to see that they followed up on Krishna and Balram trying to placate their parents and didn't just drop accountability of the whole charade...the moms were rightly pissed at them but as usual the boys managed to melt them😆...But Kanha is incorrigible😆...so smoothly he put the whole thing on Balram that Balram taught him all these badi badi baatein😆😆

Nand's dialogues were also some really pertinent ones. I especially loved what he pointed out about how society is the support system one needs to survive in this world. At the end of the day, even the rebels in love have to live in this very society..."Prem ke astitva ke liye bhi samarthan avashyak hai"..."Din sadev nahin rehta, raat bhi aati hai...jis tarhaan ghar raat mein aasra deta hai, usi tarhaan kashton mein aashrey deta hai samaaj". 

When society is functioning in it's best form, it's the much needed support system that holds up humanity...unfortunately it becomes poisoned by selfish agendas and turns into a mob force many times. That is not it's real function. 

Nand feels that Sudevi-Bhairav's love will extinguish when it faces the harsh realities of the world without a support system...while Kanha posits that we cannot presume their love will be so weak...that love itself can become the support system they need to brave all challenges. 

I was floored by how nicely all the viewpoints were presented today👏👏

Another Krishna dialogue I loved today..."Pratha manushya ke liye bani hai, manushya pratha ke liye toh nahin"👏

The Krishna Vani about the importance of when to be silent and when to use your voice to speak up against injustice was another good one. So very pertinent in today's charged environment. 

So where things stand, Vrishbhaan is an insecure father who blames Krishna for upending the norms of society where apparently all young ppl will now rebel in love against their parents😆...so his fear drives him into extracting a promise from Radha...clearly Krishna's words were unable to penetrate the wall of fear and insecurity in Vrishbhan's mind...Sudevi's dad got it though😆

Precap seems to indicate Krishna grappling with Radha's harsh words and then facing the attack of a giant bird...😆...Radha is nursing a bruised ego and her father piling on to her...let's see how Krishna works through that. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I did not know we had an episode today until I saw your post😆  Just finished watching it and what an episode it was. Well, as usual you sum up everything beautifully!!

Krishna stops Sudevis father in his track by simply telling him Aap Bhagwaan nahin hai, apko marne ka haq  kisne diya? Then goes on to say the most beautiful thing ke the way you gave birth to your daughter and she came into existence, the same way she became the reason for your existence as a parent. Most of the time the thinking develops that since they give birth to a child they have the right to decide everything for them. Its so unique that in this show that they have shown Krishna as someone who is questioning and debating on everything that is wrong in society and the mentality that people have on certain pertaining issues even today. 

The way they showed two different perspectives of the same situation simultaneously helps to put across the point clearly. Vrishbhan instead of understanding the point takes it in a negative way and it instills fear and insecurity in him that his daughter will do the same thing. Even though he loves his daughter his ego and hounour overpowers him and clouds his judgement. Nand on the other hand understands what Krishna has done is not wrong but he senses that he might loose a dear friend and that saddens him.

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

I did not know we had an episode today until I saw your post😆  Just finished watching it and what an episode it was. Well, as usual you sum up everything beautifully!!

Krishna stops Sudevis father in his track by simply telling him Aap Bhagwaan nahin hai, apko marne ka haq  kisne diya? Then goes on to say the most beautiful thing ke the way you gave birth to your daughter and she came into existence, the same way she became the reason for your existence as a parent. Most of the time the thinking develops that since they give birth to a child they have the right to decide everything for them. Its so unique that in this show that they have shown Krishna as someone who is questioning and debating on everything that is wrong in society and the mentality that people have on certain pertaining issues even today. 

The way they showed two different perspectives of the same situation simultaneously helps to put across the point clearly. Vrishbhan instead of understanding the point takes it in a negative way and it instills fear and insecurity in him that his daughter will do the same thing. Even though he loves his daughter his ego and hounour overpowers him and clouds his judgement. Nand on the other hand understands what Krishna has done is not wrong but he senses that he might loose a dear friend and that saddens him.

Haha yeah, this show airs Mon-Saturday so it has a weekend episode too😆

@bold: Exactly...and that is what makes for some very interesting scenes in the show...you know whenever Krishna speaks up, he will have something powerful to say, just like he does in all his Vaanis at the end of the epi...and today also he did not disappoint...what a superb monologue on the relationship b/w parent and child👏...felt like an extension of his earlier Krishna Vani on the same topic...but this time in more detail as he talks about the responsibility of giving life not necessarily giving you the right to take it for the sake of jhoota maan...the way he stopped Sudevi's father in his tracks with a simple question..."Are you God?" ...in love and attachment, sometimes a parent does not realize that he/she is behaving like the child is a property that they own...forgetting that the child is a living/breathing entity that has to live it's own life...the parent can't live it for them...so the child must have the right to choose how to live it. 

This whole scene also reminded me of how the sad reality of honor killings still exists...so many ppl mercilessly butchered for the sake of false pride...doesn't take ppl a minute to cut down their own children if they feel their "pride" is being threatened...today Krishna spoke up for all those souls who have been sacrificed at the altar of false pride. 

On a lighter note, I was wondering during the scene also that Krishna has gone into his full on God mode talking to Sudevi's dad so won't someone wonder how to reconcile this with the naive fool image he otherwise projects? lol and lo and behold, that is exactly what Nand asked him...where did you learn such badi badi baatein that you gave so much gyaan? 😆  And how smoothly Kanha then dumped the whole thing on poor Balram...haha😆

Yes, we got the perspectives of three types of fathers, as you said...Sudevi's father who was instantly reactive but understood his child once Krishna explained things to him...Vrishbhaan couldn't get beyond the fact that Radha lied to him so his mind was shut to what Krishna said and instead he saw Krishna as a corrupting force...Nand's viewpoint was the moderate one in the middle...he could understand that Krishna tried to do something good and bring joy in someone's life...but he could also see how society would react in the form of Vrishbhaan's reaction. 

Worth noting in this epi that Radha is more scared of her father than she initially let on...lol like in the earlier epis toh she was defying him to help save the potters from Kans's terror and now she's cowering in front of him😆...perhaps it's a guilty conscience that makes it so cuz she did lie to him...her conscience was clear in the matter of the potters. 

I'm intrigued to see how Vrishbhaan will treat Nand and his family now. He clearly seems anti-Krishna for now...no longer doting on the guy who helped open his daughter's eyes😆
Edited by AreYaar - 5 years ago
spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Haha yeah, this show airs Mon-Saturday so it has a weekend episode too😆

@bold: Exactly...and that is what makes for some very interesting scenes in the show...you know whenever Krishna speaks up, he will have something powerful to say, just like he does in all his Vaanis at the end of the epi...and today also he did not disappoint...what a superb monologue on the relationship b/w parent and child👏...felt like an extension of his earlier Krishna Vani on the same topic...but this time in more detail as he talks about the responsibility of giving life not necessarily giving you the right to take it for the sake of jhoota maan...the way he stopped Sudevi's father in his tracks with a simple question..."Are you God?" ...in love and attachment, sometimes a parent does not realize that he/she is behaving like the child is a property that they own...forgetting that the child is a living/breathing entity that has to live it's own life...the parent can't live it for them...so the child must have the right to choose how to live it. 

Indeed it was a superb monologue! And it is so true in our society and we are so conditioned by this that we do not even realize that it is wrong. 

This whole scene also reminded me of how the sad reality of honor killings still exists...so many ppl mercilessly butchered for the sake of false pride...doesn't take ppl a minute to cut down their own children if they feel their "pride" is being threatened...today Krishna spoke up for all those souls who have been sacrificed at the altar of false pride. 

So much word to this!!!! You actually spoke my mind, honor killing is exactly what came in my mind too.

On a lighter note, I was wondering during the scene also that Krishna has gone into his full on God mode talking to Sudevi's dad so won't someone wonder how to reconcile this with the naive fool image he otherwise projects? lol and lo and behold, that is exactly what Nand asked him...where did you learn such badi badi baatein that you gave so much gyaan? 😆  And how smoothly Kanha then dumped the whole thing on poor Balram...haha😆

Balrams expressions are to die for😆😆 He is like ab kya boloon and  the faces he makes😆Kanha to bhai kanha hai, there is a reason why he is called Bankeybihari😆 He is just tedha:)

Yes, we got the perspectives of three types of fathers, as you said...Sudevi's father who was instantly reactive but understood his child once Krishna explained things to him...Vrishbhaan couldn't get beyond the fact that Radha lied to him so his mind was shut to what Krishna said and instead he saw Krishna as a corrupting force...Nand's viewpoint was the moderate one in the middle...he could understand that Krishna tried to do something good and bring joy in someone's life...but he could also see how society would react in the form of Vrishbhaan's reaction. 

You were able to sum up so precisely and clearly😃 . 

Worth noting in this epi that Radha is more scared of her father than she initially let on...lol like in the earlier epis toh she was defying him to help save the potters from Kans's terror and now she's cowering in front of him😆...perhaps it's a guilty conscience that makes it so cuz she did lie to him...her conscience was clear in the matter of the potters. 

I'm intrigued to see how Vrishbhaan will treat Nand and his family now. He clearly seems anti-Krishna for now...no longer doting on the guy who helped open his daughter's eyes😆

I think he said that in todays episode only that now Nand and Krishna cannot stay in Barsana anymore😕 Lol @ the guy who helped open his daughters eyes😆 sad he could not open fathers mind yet😆

Also, interesting to see how will he manofy extremely ruthi hui Radha. They need to give some more layers to Radhas character now.

AreYaar thumbnail

Balrams expressions are to die for😆😆 He is like ab kya boloon and  the faces he makes😆Kanha to bhai kanha hai, there is a reason why he is called Bankeybihari😆 He is just tedha:)

LOL bechara Balram is like "phansaa diya, Kanha" and Krishna is like, "Sambhaal lena, Dau"😆😆...sach mein they all have to stay on their toes around him...kya pata kab kya catch karna pad jaaye😆

I think he said that in todays episode only that now Nand and Krishna cannot stay in Barsana anymore😕 Lol @ the guy who helped open his daughters eyes😆 sad he could not open fathers mind yet😆

Well seems like Nand himself has offered to leave Barsana and Vrishbhan may not feel as motivated to stop him or protect him as of now😆

Also, interesting to see how will he manofy extremely ruthi hui Radha. They need to give some more layers to Radhas character now.

I'm not expecting much from Radha as of now...her mind is very clouded with ego and thwarted pride, plus her father's pressure. She has two modes basically...the stubborn child mode and then the soft-hearted girl mode...we will see the first one as per the precap scene when she lashes out at Krishna...and I suspect whatever is the aftermath of this bird attack may lead to her softening and crying over Krishna again...it may yet again become the reason for him staying back in Barsana😆

Notice how quickly the show shifted back to Krishna's mischief today after so much tears and drama...lol so I don't expect any anger/sadness to linger long...seems like they will get back to the banter zone for RK somehow again...where as you said, Krishna may try to manaao ruthi ruthi Radha😆...ab Prem ka paath padhaane ke liye he needs to get back on talking terms with her again na?😆

Edited by AreYaar - 5 years ago
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
i am still way behind but i still go over your posts to get an idea so thank you:)) 
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

i am still way behind but i still go over your posts to get an idea so thank you:)) 

Aww Fary, look at you dropping in here🤗 . Chalo good the posts help you get an idea😆...main toh apne mann ki bhadaas nikaalti hoon cuz for now, I feel some essays coming out so they have to go somewhere😆

Let's see how long these last 😛
AreYaar thumbnail

Are Krishnavaanis based on the epsiodes? Like this maun thing was said in respect to Sudevi? 

Good question. I've wondered about the same. Some of the earlier Krishna Vaanis were more general in nature I feel...like the one about parents  ka attachment to their children...it felt more applicable to today's episode...but then again, the one they showed today about maun ki timing was also quite relevant in Sudevi's case as you said. At the end of the day, many of Krishna's teachings have broad applications and even if they shoot the Vaanis alag se, maybe they pick and choose which one fits an epi more aptly and add that to the end :) 

That reminds me, I love how the balance of language has been maintained in the show...they use a lot of pure Hindi but it's still simple enough to follow along and doesn't feel arcane like it can in some mytho shows...another recent show I saw has a terrible mix of language being used and feels very inauthentic for the period. 

Overall they really use language very effectively in the show...some beautifully written lines, especially for when the characters speak up👏
diksha710 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Good question. I've wondered about the same. Some of the earlier Krishna Vaanis were more general in nature I feel...like the one about parents  ka attachment to their children...it felt more applicable to today's episode...but then again, the one they showed today about maun ki timing was also quite relevant in Sudevi's case as you said. At the end of the day, many of Krishna's teachings have broad applications and even if they shoot the Vaanis alag se, maybe they pick and choose which one fits an epi more aptly and add that to the end :) 

That reminds me, I love how the balance of language has been maintained in the show...they use a lot of pure Hindi but it's still simple enough to follow along and doesn't feel arcane like it can in some mytho shows...another recent show I saw has a terrible mix of language being used and feels very inauthentic for the period. 

Overall they really use language very effectively in the show...some beautifully written lines, especially for when the characters speak up👏

@bold I completely agree. I take time to process even the regular Hindi, forget the difficult one. 😆 I really love how they are using little bit of traditional Hindi along with modern one