Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

J2lover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: AreYaar

No, they did show Vasudev mentioning that Nand is his friend in the episode when Vasudev takes Krishna out of the jail and leaves him at Nand's house. 

But they didn't show anything about Rohini being Vasudev's first wife. They directly jumped to showing Rohini and Balram already being there in Nand's house and it just seemed like she is Nand's wife given the way she behaves around him. 

Also, the fact, that BALRAM addresses NAND as BABA, gives rise to many questions!๐Ÿ˜• 
J2lover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PandavPranayini

Yes strange. ๐Ÿ˜†
They talk about Kans Mamashree and his paap ki ghada and all, but not about their parents and their miseries. 

Exactly! It looks so much one-sided you see! In each and every devika-vasudev scene, they have shown till now,  devki  is doing the, 'I am waiting for my son, he will surely come' jaap, which is valid too of course! But, atleast, it should be shown that TADAP is acknowledged somewhat by krishna!๐Ÿ˜† After all, the boys are sarvagyaani na!๐Ÿ˜† 

@ red: Mama kansa is the Top-notch villian in their lives after all! They are ought to talk about him na!๐Ÿ˜† Now i am more interested in, 'WHO IS BALRAM'S DAD' storyline, than the main plot!๐Ÿ˜† Suspense, create kiya bhi toh kya? yeh!๐Ÿ˜†
PandavPranayini thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: J2lover

Exactly! It looks so much one-sided you see! In each and every devika-vasudev scene, they have shown till now,  devki  is doing the, 'I am waiting for my son, he will surely come' jaap, which is valid too of course! But, atleast, it should be shown that TADAP is acknowledged somewhat by krishna!๐Ÿ˜† After all, the boys are sarvagyaani na!๐Ÿ˜† 

@ red: Mama kansa is the Top-notch villian in their lives after all! They are ought to talk about him na!๐Ÿ˜† Now i am more interested in, 'WHO IS BALRAM'S DAD' storyline, than the main plot!๐Ÿ˜† Suspense, create kiya bhi toh kya? yeh!๐Ÿ˜†

I feel, just my guess, that Rohini is indeed Vasudev's wife here but as the society this show portrays is so-called regressive one (not true by the way, our ancient India was far more liberal than today) but has to act as Nand's wife for the people to not to doubt who she is and all. Because we've not seen them both interacting, and Balaram calls Nand Baba (which he can even if he considered him his father's best friend). Just a thought. 

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Good question. I've wondered about the same. Some of the earlier Krishna Vaanis were more general in nature I feel...like the one about parents  ka attachment to their children...it felt more applicable to today's episode...but then again, the one they showed today about maun ki timing was also quite relevant in Sudevi's case as you said. At the end of the day, many of Krishna's teachings have broad applications and even if they shoot the Vaanis alag se, maybe they pick and choose which one fits an epi more aptly and add that to the end :) 

That reminds me, I love how the balance of language has been maintained in the show...they use a lot of pure Hindi but it's still simple enough to follow along and doesn't feel arcane like it can in some mytho shows...another recent show I saw has a terrible mix of language being used and feels very inauthentic for the period. 

Overall they really use language very effectively in the show...some beautifully written lines, especially for when the characters speak up๐Ÿ‘

Will just check from Mondays episode if they have this KV as the saar or moral of the story kind at the end of each episode. Some of the lines they have written for the main characters are simply awesome. 

All the places Gokul(where Krishna spends his childhood), Mathura (his birthplace), Vrindavan ( where he does his Raasleelas and other pastimes, Barsana ( Radhas birthplace),  are close to each other, on the banks of River Yamuna and its like 12-16 kms away๐Ÿ˜†. In Vrindavan there is a place called Nidhivan, where it is believed even today that Krishna performs Raasleela with Radha and gopis every night. Nobody including animals stay there after a particular time. As far as Krishna and all Gokulvaasis staying in Barsana part is concerned, I have not read about it anywhere, so I don't know about it. Its nice to visit these places and know about folklores, they are interesting.

Edited by spidie - 5 years ago
sagarvandana thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
In many stories, they described Radha was there at the time of  lifting Govardhan mountain, and whenever Yashoda scolds him Krishna ran to Radha to be pampered there , and when Krishna hide Gopikas' sarees she was there to plead him to give back their clothes. Radha was very much there in Brindavan, AND THERE WAS NOT MUCH IMPORTANCE TO THAT AYAN , HER PARENTS AND HER MARRIED LIFE .
She was there for Krishna , and later when he left for Mathura , she silently has gone  to oblivian . He never met her , and she never tried to meet him , though there are a few stories like she saw him on the seaside on an eclipse day and interacted with his 8 wives , and Rukmini feeling jealous of her whenever he mentioned her name have more prominant than Sudevi and her love , Ayan and his mother , Vrishbhan's asking for Vachan etc were in a way reduced the piousness of the love story of Radha Krishna . 
Rohini was undoubtedly Vasudev's wife , because of that KansMama called both to Mathura , he is royal blood. Rohini was Nand's relative , and he kept her in his house to protect her from Kansamama.
Edited by sagarika01 - 5 years ago

Originally posted by: sagarika01

In many stories, they described Radha was there at the time of  lifting Govardhan mountain, and whenever Yashoda scolds him Krishna ran to Radha to be pampered there , and when Krishna hide Gopikas' sarees she was there to plead him to give back their clothes. Radha was very much there in Brindavan, AND THERE WAS NOT MUCH IMPORTANCE TO THAT AYAN , HER PARENTS AND HER MARRIED LIFE .

She was there for Krishna , and later when he left for Mathura , she silently has gone  to oblivian . He never met her , and she never tried to meet him , though there are a few stories like she saw him on the seaside on an eclipse day and interacted with his 8 wives , and Rukmini feeling jealous of her whenever he mentioned her name have more prominant than Sudevi and her love , Ayan and his mother , Vrishbhan's asking for Vachan etc were in a way reduced the piousness of the love story of Radha Krishna . 
Rohini was undoubtedly Vasudev's wife , because of that KansMama called both to Mathura , he is royal blood. Rohini was Nand's relative , and he kept her in his house to protect her from Kansamama.

I want to watch despair on the face of vrishbhan when he sees Radha suffering with Ayan and jatila and the lost opportunity of Radha getting married to a prince. Obviously Krishna is a prince and frankly speaking the way everyone talks with him and scolds him wouldn't dare to do that if they knew his identity. I mean really, Ayan actually tried to beat up Balram and Krishna who are royal blood princes and the best he can get is to become their soldier in narayani Sena or being head of a janpada. Still he would remain lower in status than them.
PandavPranayini thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sagarika01

How is that even possible, when Rukmini herself is a part of Radha, and so were his other seven wives. ๐Ÿ˜Š
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

Will just check from Mondays episode if they have this KV as the saar or moral of the story kind at the end of each episode. Some of the lines they have written for the main characters are simply awesome. 

All the places Gokul(where Krishna spends his childhood), Mathura (his birthplace), Vrindavan ( where he does his Raasleelas and other pastimes, Barsana ( Radhas birthplace),  are close to each other, on the banks of River Yamuna and its like 12-16 kms away๐Ÿ˜†. In Vrindavan there is a place called Nidhivan, where it is believed even today that Krishna performs Raasleela with Radha and gopis every night. Nobody including animals stay there after a particular time. As far as Krishna and all Gokulvaasis staying in Barsana part is concerned, I have not read about it anywhere, so I don't know about it. Its nice to visit these places and know about folklores, they are interesting.

LOL@ other pastimes...that just cracked me up๐Ÿ˜†

I'm intrigued to see how they show his pastimes in Vrindavan in this show๐Ÿ˜†. Thanks for the info about the location of all these places. Definitely seems like a lot of rich folklore in that part of the country๐Ÿ˜Š