Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Priyaa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
If Radha was avatar of Lakshmi why she married Ayan..somewhere I read he is another form of Krishna..else where it says to make her parents happy she married and raised kids.. she met Krishna when old and lived in Dwarka for few days then left Dwarka..Krishna found her but she was very weak and died in his presence..he stopped playing his flute ever since.  Edited by --Priyaa-- - 5 years ago
ShinySparkle thumbnail
I hope this one will clear some doubts :

To know about Ayan, we have to depend on the folktales and the Padavalis. Abhimanyu was a cousin brother of Yashoda (foster mother of Krishna). He lived in a village nearby Gokul, named Jarat. His father was named Gola and mother Jatilaa.

Some claimed that he was a Yadav man. He was a milkman in occupation but so solvent. Often he was described as a great devotee of goddess Kali. He didn't have taste for worldly things. Most of the time, he used to serve his Kali Mata deity.

According to a folklore, the marriage of Radha and Ayan was organized by Nand Maharaj (foster father of Krishna). Nand was the matchmaker of the wedding.

In most of the Padavalis, Ayan is depicted as eunuch. Now the question is : As an incarnation of Lakshmi and being the eternal companion of Krishna, why did Radharani have to marry Ayan ? 

A story as follows explains it :

Abhimanyu in his previous birth, penanced for lot of years to get Lakshmi as his wife. Lord Narayan didn't listen to him. Then he started a hard austerity. While fasting, he placed himself in a circle of fire. This time Narayan couldn't resist himself from giving a response. He asked, "Why you are penancing so hard ?" Abhimanyu replied , "I want Lakshmi as my wife." Narayan said, " lt is impossible. She is my eternal companion, my consort. You can't get her."

Abhimanyu said, "Oh Lord! The whole universe knows that you never disappoint your devotees. You give them what they need . So, why this deviation on my turn ?"

Then Narayan said, "So be it. You'll get Lakshmi as your wife in my Krishna incarnation in Dwapar Era. Lakshmi will incarnate as Radha. At that time, you'll be born as Ayan. Radha will marry you. But you'll be a neuter then.

That is why, Radha married Ayan. But there was no relation between Ayan and Radha as Radha's mind was completely absorbed in Krishna. She is the eternal lover of Krishna. 

Another aspect of this story :

None other than Shri Krishna was Radharani's husband. In Shri Brahma Vaivarta Purana and Garga Samhita, there are vivid details of their marriage. But the relationship between them is that of paramour. To establish the relation of 'paramour' on the material plane, she was married (sort of) to a gopa named Abhimanyu(or Ayan), who, somehow was a maternal uncle of Krishna, as he was Yashoda's brother. Since Radha and Krishna were married at an early age, Radha's marriage to Abhimanyu wasn't valid.

We all know about the relationship of RadhaKrishn. On the other hand, not much is known about Radha and Ayan, except that Radharani did Her household duties satisfactorily and took care of Her in-laws well. Radha and Abhimanyu 's relationship was very bland, as Radha had no feelings for him. Her 'wedded life' was not much more than duty for Her.

All that we get to know about Radha's in-laws is that they always kept a vigilance on Her(because the Radha-Krishna love story was famous even then) and spied Her movements. Abhimanyu mostly comes into the picture only when either his mother(Jatila) or sister(Kutila) complains to him about RadhaKrishna dalliance and he runs out to the kunjas of Braj to check out whether they're correct.

Abhimanyu is like a typical (pseudo) husband to Radha. Less is chronicled about him.

Source : Quora.com
Edited by ShinySparkle - 5 years ago
TheGirlofRagas thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 4
I think yes because they want to make us understand love and not gaining each other
4me2 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: --Priyaa--

If Radha was avatar of Lakshmi why she married Ayan..somewhere I read he is another form of Krishna..else where it says to make her parents happy she married and raised kids.. she met Krishna when old and lived in Dwarka for few days then left Dwarka..Krishna found her but she was very weak and died in his presence..he stopped playing his flute ever since. 

Bold I have read this in many places
4me2 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Shiny sparkle I have read both the versions ðŸ˜Š
PandavPranayini thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
There are a number of folktales about Aryan, in this case, Ayan. I believe in the version where Ayan was just a prospective groom for Radha and they did not really get married. This is just a dramatic effect few people painted on the otherwise blissful tale of Radha and Krishna. I don't know what they will show in Radha Krishn, but seriously, they need to improve the content of the show. Sumedh is performing wonderfully, they need to use his talent for good and not for monotonous content. Radha being irritated with Krishna and favoring Ayan is so filmy... ðŸ˜• and Ayan... How is he so close to Radha? Are they relatives or friends? Whatever, I'm kind of not happy with the recent episode.
SweetRogue thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Is it Ayan or Anay? I thought Radha's husband was named Anay.
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well, Radha does tell Balaram that Ayan is her baalpan ka sakha. So a childhood friend.Not a relative, for there is no indication that Ayan's parents are related to Vrishbaan or his wife.

As for the rest, I agree with you. I have no idea how they plan to spin out 200 + episodes with a one track story. Right now, Sumedh is carrying the show just like Lord Krishna carrying the Govardhan Parvat. Take him out, and it will collapse.

I am not an expert on our mythology, but I always understood that Radha was married to another man. Sisupala taunts Lord Krishna with having a love affair with another man's wife just before he is decapitated by the Sudarshan Chakra.

Radha's relationship with Krishna is said to be metaphysical. I also read that after she died she was transformed into Krishna's flute.

Shyamala Cowsik

Originally posted by: PandavPranayini

There are a number of folktales about Aryan, in this case, Ayan. I believe in the version where Ayan was just a prospective groom for Radha and they did not really get married. This is just a dramatic effect few people painted on the otherwise blissful tale of Radha and Krishna. I don't know what they will show in Radha Krishn, but seriously, they need to improve the content of the show. Sumedh is performing wonderfully, they need to use his talent for good and not for monotonous content. Radha being irritated with Krishna and favoring Ayan is so filmy...  😕 and Ayan... How is he so close to Radha? Are they relatives or friends? Whatever, I'm kind of not happy with the recent episode.

Edited by sashashyam - 5 years ago
PandavPranayini thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Well, Radha does tell Balaram that Ayan is her baalpan ka sakha. So a childhood friend.Not a relative, for there is no indication that Ayan's parents are related to Vrishbaan or his wife.

As for the rest, I agree with you. I have no idea how they plan to spin out 200 + episodes with a one track story. Right now, Sumedh is carrying the show just like Lord Krishna carrying the Govardhan Parvat. Take him out, and it will collapse.

I am not an expert on our mythology, but I always understood that Radha was married to another man. Her relationship with Krishna is said to be metaphysical. I also read that after she died she was transformed into Krishna's flute.

Shyamala Cowsik

I believe Radha is Krishna's other half. None of the scriptures tell you that Radha was married to another man. Actually there is a very less content about Radha in the present surviving scriptures. Ayan is just a folktale and I let it be. For me Radha is Mahalakshmi, Adi Shakti and Lord's equal. I love to imagine Radha and Krishna as childhood friends and as they grew up, they fell in love. Their separation happened when Krishna was 13. Radha may have been 13 or 14 at that time. According to Garga Samhita, Krishna and Radha had a spiritual marriage with all the devas present as spectators. There is no chance of her getting married to anyone, and even if she did, later, it was for namesake. But I always prefer the option where she didn't marry. It's my view after all and I respect yours.