Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
Bollywood HungamaVerified account @Bollyhungama
More

#Breaking: #KrishnaRajKapoor passes away

Krishna Raj Kapoor passes away

ByBollywood Hungama News Network
Oct 1, 2018 - 9:05 am IST

Krishna Raj Kapoor, the matriarch of the Kapoor family passed away leaving the entire Kapor family to mourn this loss. She was about 88 years old and lived in the heritage RK Cottage in Deonar, Chembur. She was showman Raj Kapoor's wife and mother of Randhir, Rishi, Rajeev, Rima and Ritu Kapoor. She was grandmother of Kareena, Karisma, Ranbir Kapoor. Ranbir was very close to his grandmother and often stayed at the RK Cottage to spend time with her. It is a huge loss for the film fraternity and most importantly for the Kapoor family.

#Krishna Raj Kapoor
Krishna Raj Kapoor passes away

Actress Raveena Tandon was the first celeb to tweet out this news. She wrote, "Condolences to the entire Kapoor family. An era passes away,#KrishnaRajKapoor .God give you strength,and may the soul rest in peace. Om Shanti. @chintskap

• Kapoor family attends Shashi Kapoor's prayer meet at Prithvi theatre
  • Members of Bollywood fraternity attend Shashi Kapoor's chautha

The cause or time of her unfortunate demise is not known yet. The family is yet to release an official statement with regards to this. We hope and pray that her soul rests in peace. Krishna Raj Kapoor has always had a silent but strong presence in the industry as she never demanded but commanded respect from the rest of the fraternity. Ritu Kapoor has gone on record often claiming how she was the life of every party and the greatest performer' in the family.

Raveena Tandon@TandonRaveena

. Condolences to the entire Kapoor family. An era passes away,#KrishnaRajKapoor .God give you strength,and may the soul rest in peace. Om Shanti. @chintskap

Kareena Kapoor Khan too has spoken about her healthy diet which inspired her too. This is an unrepairable loss to the family and we offer our condolences to the family.

RIP 😒

Edited by blue-ice. - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ranbir and Rishi not in India. Ranbir went with his father for his treatment in America. Hope they make it back in time.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: jb508

Ranbir and Rishi not in India. Ranbir went with his father for his treatment in America. Hope they make it back in time.

Hope so too. Ranbir was very close to her.
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Rishi is unwell.and went to US for treatment ! What a timing ..feeling bad ! Hope he had his mom's last glimpses..
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: fivestars

Rishi is unwell.and went to US for treatment ! What a timing ..feeling bad ! Hope he had his mom's last glimpses..

Me too. I know this is sad for the whole family but I'm feeling particularly bad for Rishi.
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Rest in peace ! Condolences to the family
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This is like the third death in the Kapoor family this year.. I know this is not the right occasion to say it but I always used to wonder what kept her going. Must have been through hell at one point (in terms of her marriage). Anyway am assuming she made peace with it and was visibly happier after a point. Rest in Peace.
Edited by rogerrocks - 5 years ago
448368 thumbnail
RIP Krishna Kapoor, end of an era.
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

This is like the third death in the Kapoor family this year.. I know this is not the right occasion to say it but I always used to wonder what kept her going. Must have been through hell at one point (in terms of her marriage). Anyway am assuming she made peace with it and was visibly happier after a point. Rest in Peace.

Yeah she must have been through hell because of her philandering husband.
She was happier in her pics of family get-togethers
Serendipity.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
RIP.
Oh man what a timing when Rishi just went out of country. and ranbir was very close to her I guess. And last pics of her I saw was during Neetus birthday. Condolences to the family.