Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: .Nandini.

Hehe, thank you! 
You motivate me to write better.😃
I'm really glad you liked it.
Thanks again.

Awww! 
Thats so sweet! 
Yes keep writing! I was so scared the guy who hurt her was kabeer.  but u surprised me
neverlandspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Such an intriguing plot! It's refreshing and nail biting...I find myself coming back to it multiple times a day.
You are doing such a fantastic job keeping us hooked with your words and character backgrounds.

Eagerly waiting for more.
arnavkidevani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
What a beautiful and intriguing story! I loved it! Can't wait for your update please write more! 😃
.Nandini. thumbnail

Originally posted by: aqua.m7

Awww! 
Thats so sweet! 
Yes keep writing! I was so scared the guy who hurt her was kabeer.  but u surprised me

Why would I make Kabeer someone who hits women? Never ever.😳
Thank you so muchhh.😃
.Nandini. thumbnail

Originally posted by: neverlandspirit

Such an intriguing plot! It's refreshing and nail biting...I find myself coming back to it multiple times a day.

You are doing such a fantastic job keeping us hooked with your words and character backgrounds.

Eagerly waiting for more.

Stop, now you're just embarrassing me. ðŸ˜³
Oh my god, thank you so much! 
I'm so glad you like this story.
I haven't made things very clear yet, but I will really soon.
Oh, thank you so much! I'll be sure to continue soon! ðŸ˜ƒ
.Nandini. thumbnail

Thank you!😃

.Nandini. thumbnail

Originally posted by: arnavkidevani

What a beautiful and intriguing story! I loved it! Can't wait for your update please write more! 😃

Thank you so much! ðŸ˜³
I'm glad you loved it. I really really am.
I'll update soon, thank you soo much.
.Nandini. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Snow..

Beautiful story..loved it

Thank you! ðŸ˜ƒ
I'm so happy you liked it! 
.Nandini. thumbnail
CHAPTER TWO

Kabeer

As Kabeer lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, he remembered the girl living downstairs that he'd just met. He remembered her eyes, there was fear in them. He wanted to know the cause of that fear, he wanted to know what was making her so paranoid. He remembered how she'd looked down on her shoes as soon as she opened the door as if she was expecting a hit or something. Kabeer shook his head. He shouldn't think about that woman. As beautiful and breathtaking as she was... Kabeer knew that, with his past, she would never look at him again if she knew the truth.

"REEMA! GET INSIDE! GET INSIDE, REEMA!" He suddenly heard a familiar voice shout from downstairs. Realisation dawned on Kabeer a few moments later, a few very precious moments later, that it was indeed Zara's voice. He sprang up from his bed and, forsaking his shoes, ran down the stairs and towards the direction of Zara's apartment. He was surprised to see the door wide open. The curtains which were behind the door were ripped out with the rod, now lying on the door. With his heart beating a mile per minute, he entered the room. 

Screams were the first thing he heard. Blood was the first thing he saw. 

He started to turn around to go to the location of the screams when a shadow came up behind him. Before he could react or even turn around, the shadow had hit something really hard on his head, and all went black.

"Zara." Were his last words before he went to sleep. A long sleep which no one would ensure he would wake up from.

"Kabeer!" He thought he heard. He smiled, not sure if it was showing on his face. Zara's beautiful face came into his mind: her shy behavior, her warm brown eyes, her sweet voice. He smiled despite of the hammering in his head. He smiled despite of the blackness closing in further and further on him.

Zara

"Now is the time Zara. You give me what I want, and I leave your friend and your little boy next door right here, safe and sound." Zara could hear his voice as if he was talking through a long tunnel. She wasn't paying attention to the man that had, now thrice, tried to end her life. She wasn't paying attention to the swollen bump on her forehead, or the bleeding knees from where she had fallen on the glass, or the small of her back where her kurta had been torn. She was staring, paying her full attention, to the man in her arms, on her lap.

"Kabeer." She whispered, her eyes burning with tears as they continued to flow without any hesitation. 

"Zara." She felt a hand on her shoulder, tightly holding it. "Either you come with me, Zara, or I shoot them. Both. End their lives. Finish them."

So much blood. So much blood is coming out of his head. That was all Zara could think about. "Kabeer." She whispered again. His eyes were closed, and he seemed so peaceful. As if at rest. As if at peace. His head continued to bleed as Zara looked up at the man in front of her, pointing a gun at Kabeer.

Rehaan. 

The one who had tried to end it all. The one who had lit her house on fire three years ago when she'd lived in Delhi. The one who had gone to jail... but had gotten bail. The one she had loved, had loved once upon a time. The one who had left a deep angry scar on her cheek. The one who had molested her, repeatedly, for two years seven months and twelve days. The one she had filed a restraining order against... but even that hadn't held him back. 

And the one who was now pointing a gun at Kabeer.

She looked down again. How was this man so perfect? She barely knew him, and she was pretty sure he barely knew her too, but he had come to save her. Wouldn't anyone else have just run away? No, Kabeer wasn't just anyone. 

God made you beautiful, Zara.

"I'm sorry Kabeer. You're a great man. I would have loved to have known you better. I wanted to know you better, Kabeer. I'm sorry our time together was so short. I am sorry I couldn't be stronger. I'm sorry I failed you, Kabeer." She touched her forehead to his as she breathed in and out. In. And out. Taking a deep breath like it was her last, which it just might be, she had looked up at Rehaan. Pressing a kiss on Kabeer's cheek, she had looked at him and told him, "I have a condition."

"I'm not giving you nothing," Rehaan said, aiming the gun right at Kabeer. "Either you leave with me, or he dies."

"I want to call an ambulance." She said, trying to fake some strength. Her gut told her to run, but she could never leave Kabeer behind. Never.

"You're kidding, aren't you?" Rehaan laughed, but there was no humor in his voice.

"He's bleeding badly, sir." He had beaten her to death once when she had forgotten to call him sir while addressing him. She had vowed never to make that mistake ever again.

"Fine. Call an ambulance." He snarled, "And don't you dare call the police, Zara. You know what'll happen if you call the police."

"I won't call the police." She nodded, her heart wrenching as she lightly and gently picked Kabeer's head up from her lap and laid it down on her dupatta on the floor. She struggled a bit, but she successfully wrapped the dupatta around Kabeer's head to put some pressure on it until the ambulance came. 

"Hurry up!" Rehaan shouted, making her jump.

After the last kiss on Kabeer's forehead, she got up to get her phone to call the ambulance.

Never be ashamed. God made you beautiful, Zara.

OoO

I am speechless by the support and love you are giving this story. Thank you so much for everything! This fanfiction will come to an end after three to four chapters, so I hope you are able to tolerate me some more.

Thank you!

Yours truly.

Edited by .Nandini. - 5 years ago