ZaBeer FF: Does Love Knock Twice? [AU] Chapter Two, Page 3, 29th Jun

.Nandini. thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi everyone! πŸ˜ƒ I am new and this is the first time I am ever posting a story. I hope you guys like reading it as much as I did writing it! I'll be uploading every alternate day at best and every two days at worst.
Disclaimer: This is not meant to offend anyone. This is purely for entertainment purposes. I am really sorry if it did offend you.

😳HAPPY READING😳

OoO

PROLOGUE 

There was a silence that was too loud for Zara's ears after the knock on the door. Maybe it was the mailman? Maybe it was her friend, always forgetting something? Zara shook on her knees as she looked around her room for her phone. Not having a peephole in the door sure had its disadvantages. She had no way of knowing who was on the other side of that door unless she opened it. She shook her head. She is just being paranoid. She should just call Reema and ask her if she's the one whose outside. 

"Hello?" She hears her friend's voice on the other end, music blaring from behind her.

"Hello, Reema?" Zara's voice shook as she called her name back, shouting so that Reema's able to hear her voice. There's music behind her, she's not the one whose at the door. A chill runs through Zara's spine as she continues to eye the front door.

Knock knock, another thump on the door sounds. Her knees buckle beneath her as she falls on her bed.

"Zara, are you okay? Your voice is shaky. Is everything fine out there?" It's not, Zara wanted to say. She wanted to tell her friend all that had been happening these past few months. She wanted to tell her what had happened three years ago in Delhi that has no followed her. But she couldn't. Zara knew if she told Reema what happened, Reema would force her to call the police and would leave wherever she was. Zara knew she had been a huge barrier to Reema going out and having fun. Always on the verge of crying, Zara had had days when she had begged her best friend to stay home, too scared to be ashamed of telling her so.

"Yes, um.." Zara thought of an excuse as she bit down on her lip, "I just wanted to ask where you are. But it seems that you're busy. I'll stay up for you, so don't be too late, okay? I need my sleep." Zara tried humor, thinking it will help relax her haywire nerves. To no avail.

"Are you sure?"

Another thump.
Thump.
Thump.
Thump.

Whoever was the one who was out there was sure to be angry and also a man. No woman would get that aggressive while knocking on the door. Which further made Zara's fears worse. 

I should tell her, maybe get her to bring help.

No, Zara shook her head. Her friend doesn't deserve to be a part of this mess that Zara had created.

Taking a deep breath, she told her friend that everything was okay and that'll she call her back -- when it was anything but and she probably wouldn't be able to --
she walked to the door. It was not him, she kept telling herself. He didn't know where she lived. She'd filed a restraining order long ago but hadn't alerted the police that this man had been repeatedly violating it. Maybe she should have.

Thump.
Thump.

Taking God's name, Zara put her hand on the doorknob and pulled the door.

OoO

Liked it? Leave a comment and be sure to like this, please! Tell me if you want me to continue writing this FF. I have huge hopes for this story.

Yours truly,
Nandini.

Edited by .Nandini. - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Nandini. thumbnail
INDEX

Chapter Two: Kabeer and Zara (Page Three)
Edited by .Nandini. - 5 years ago
aqua.m7 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Omg this scared me so much!
I loved It! But WHO'S THE GUY WHO VIOLATED HER??? 

Omg I hope it isn't who I think it is...😭

Keep writing dear! And...

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! πŸ€—
.Nandini. thumbnail

Originally posted by: aqua.m7

Omg this scared me so much!

I loved It! But WHO'S THE GUY WHO VIOLATED HER??? 

Omg I hope it isn't who I think it is...😭

Keep writing dear! And...

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! πŸ€—

Thank you sooo much! πŸ˜³
It was a little scary for me too, but you'll get more explanations as the story proceeds.
I'll be sure to update soon.
Thanks a lott! πŸ˜ƒ

crispsy thumbnail
Nice start. Continue please
.Nandini. thumbnail

Originally posted by: crispsy

Nice start. Continue please

Hi! Thank you so much!
I'll be sure to update soon.
Snow_kf thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Seems interesting...Update soon
.Nandini. thumbnail
CHAPTER ONE 

Zara

Zara, don't be scared, she repeated in her head. This is a gated community, they would have called if there was someone from outside who'd come to "meet" you. They always call on the intercom. It must a neighbor, asking for sugar or here to welcome you. She took a deep breath again, slowly letting it out through her mouth. 

Thump, the door sounded again. 

She pulled open the door then. Eyes down, she looked at the shoes that emerged from behind the door. She expected the lash of a belt on her knees or the lash of his words on her mind. She waited... scared to even look up. He never liked when she meet her eyes. He liked her to be submissive, to keep her eyes down, and always take what he gave her. 

"Are you all right, ma'am?" A deep voice sounded, making Zara jump. She wasn't expecting this. She was expecting him to be here, ready to bring her to the edge of mortality again. She wanted to scream in relief. Shaking her head, she had opened her eyes and had looked up to... 

There were no words to describe the man in front of her. He must be a couple of years older than her, but his eyes held wisdom like he was so many years older than he looked. He wore khaki pants and a button-down black shirt, the buttons protesting against his powerful chest. Zara's breath caught in her throat, and she looked up into his eyes. His eyes... there were no words to describe the warmth they held in them. Zara felt that she could lose herself into those eyes forever and still want more.

"Ma'am?" His deep voice shook her out of her reverie. She gulped in a huge amount of air, "Are you all right?" 

"Yes." Zara croaked. Great. The first guy to ever treat you nicely and ask you how you are, and you croak. Shaking her head, she swallowed. "Yes, I'm alright." Much better, Zara thought. 

"Well, you weren't answering the door for a while and so I had to thump pretty loudly. I didn't mean to scare you." 

"No, um." Zara shook her head, feeling a little light-headed. "How may I help you?" 

"Right, huh." The man shakes his head too, looking down as if he is embarrassed about something. Did Zara just catch him looking at her? Ha, she laughed. As if he'll find her pretty. With the big jagged souvenir of the first time she had been brave running down her cheek, she bet everyone found her pretty irresistible. 

"Sir?" She asked, waiting impatiently for this man to say whatever he wants and then be on his way. Don't get her wrong, she didn't mind the view or even the sound of his deep voice. But she could feel her relief taking over her, her eyes burning with unshed tears. She couldn't cry in front of a complete perfect stranger, now could she? She shook her head and continued to look at her feet.

"Right. Your, um, I'm... your... new neighbor." Zara wanted to believe that he was nervous because he liked her, and not because he felt awkward by her scar. Everyone she had ever met had wanted to ask how it happened and it had made them uncomfortable because they felt they couldn't address it. They looked at her with sorrow in her eyes, like she was a victim. What they didn't know, was that she might have been a victim once... but now she was a survivor.

"Oh? Well, nice to meet you. My name is Zara." She extended her hand before she could even think, and then quickly extracted it back before he could shake it. What was she even thinking? She hadn't even been able to stand anyone touching her shoulder for a millisecond or sharing a room with her friend of seven years, and now she had extended her hand to shake a stranger's hand? This man was messing up with her senses. She shook her head slightly, looking up at his beautiful face. His kind eyes, so confused with the disaster that stands before him. He looked so adorably confused at that moment, Zara wanted to smile.

This thought shocked her more than her ability to extend her hand to shake it did. She didn't actually want to smile, did she? She hadn't smiled, hadn't really smiled since the incident with him happened. She felt trapped, no way to escape the harsh reality of truth. 

"Kabeer. With two e's." The voice replied. Kabeer... that was his name. Zara looked up at the man, who now had a name, and she couldn't place where she'd seen him. She had seen him before, that much she knew for sure. But where she couldn't remember. The way his eyes searched hers... it felt all too familiar. She knew him from somewhere.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Kabeer. I'm guessing you moved into 2A?" This fake confidence, this front, that Zara had on could easily fool anybody. The took her to be an extrovert, someone who isn't scared of anything or anyone. But she was... she was so scared it choked her to death sometimes.

"Yes." He nodded, still looking at her as if he was in some sort of a daze. Don't fool yourself, Zara. He looks like that, do you really think there is any chance he likes a girl like you? Tainted, like you are? Damaged goods? 

Her hand subconsciously reached her cheek, covering the memory of the night she had spent years trying to forget when Kabeer's hand lifted suddenly. His hand approached hers on her cheek, and he lightly wrapped his fingers around her palm. 

"Never be ashamed of who you are, Zara. God made you beautiful." And he dropped her hand from his cheek and left.

.Nandini. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Snow..

Seems interesting...Update soon

Thank you! πŸ˜ƒ I will.
aqua.m7 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awww I loved it!!!
I really loved it! So beautiful!