India is becoming a "land of Gang Rapist":Mallika Sherawat - Page 19

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Absolutely true and truth hurts
807116 thumbnail

Originally posted by: angrybread

Rape is a problem for all ..where do right wingers and left wingers come ??

Oh yeah bringing up statistics for other countries and not to forget classic what about this ..what about...what about rapes in prev govt ...you are blaming govt is only because you are congressi or commie or libtard etc etc that is not burying head into the sand but acknowledging it 🤔

Everyone took a stand for Nirbhaya and blamed govt in one voice which doesn't seem to be the case now .

First of all, sorry for quoting you wrongly without knowing the context. (Probably you were replying to somebody, when you used "burying head into the sand". I had not read all the replies in this thread. I just now read a post, you probably responded to).

I have not got into whataboutery. I did admit, the country has flaws and we need to work on it. I was only opposed to blaming or shaming of nation (which you had not done it, But I misread your post). Reformers like Vivekananda, did not have to shame Hinduism to reform Hinduism.

In the case of Nirbhaya, local government (headed by Sheila Dixit) was targeted, not Man Mohan Singh, the PM. That did not happen with Katua. Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir escaped and Prime Minister of India was questioned. When I say this, it does not imply that a right winger is supporting a rape.
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Strict rape laws and punishment by ruling party :
TIMES NOWVerified account @TimesNow
FollowFollow @TimesNow
More

BJP rewards MLA who attended the pro-rapist rally in Kathua as Rajeev Jasrotia, who was caught on camera at the rally, has been made a minister in the cabinet reshuffle

angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

First of all, sorry for quoting you wrongly without knowing the context. (Probably you were replying to somebody, when you used "burying head into the sand". I had not read all the replies in this thread. I just now read a post, you probably responded to).

I have not got into whataboutery. I did admit, the country has flaws and we need to work on it. I was only opposed to blaming or shaming of nation (which you had not done it, But I misread your post). Reformers like Vivekananda, did not have to shame Hinduism to reform Hinduism.

In the case of Nirbhaya, local government (headed by Sheila Dixit) was targeted, not Man Mohan Singh, the PM. That did not happen with Katua. Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir escaped and Prime Minister of India was questioned. When I say this, it does not imply that a right winger is supporting a rape.

But that was one of the main reason prev govt was booted out and new govt was elected on...an election promise by Modi and BJP . Besides Kathua case only got coverage 2-3 months after rape when BJP ministers were caught in the rally ..another case of Unnao where BJP minister was involved. Ruling party should do something about its ministers and members if it doesn't want to be targeted.
807116 thumbnail

Originally posted by: angrybread

But that was one of the main reason prev govt was booted out and new govt was elected on...an election promise by Modi and BJP . Besides Kathua case only got coverage 2-3 months after rape when BJP ministers were caught in the rally ..another case of Unnao where BJP minister was involved. Ruling party should do something about its ministers and members if it doesn't want to be targeted.

Clearly, you are bringing politics for the second time (associating BJP with rape). First time you asked why Nirbhaya's case was dealt differently? I had replied in first thread made on Katua rape. Not bringing politics like in Nirbhaya's case could have brought justice to the innocent child's life soon. In most of the cases that involves rape, victims identity is hidden. It was done in Nirbhaya's case too (which is not the victim's name). But in Katua's case, victim's identity including religion was revealed by Barkha. Having seen Barkha's past journalist records, it is natural to suspect, whether she is not getting justice for the girl or just her act is just agenda driven. (Indian junta would not have discriminated their reaction based on whether the child was Hindu or Muslim anyway).

Next part is the politics bits. BJP protected, congresss protected etc. I would refrain from politics on this sensitive issue. I will blame Cong somewhere else, not in this thread. All I would say is, main reason that Cong got booted out was different.
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

This discussion has nothing to do with Bollywood. Closed.

- BWF DT