Posted: 6 years ago
"You really seem to suggest am some congress supremacist "

Supremacist? No I try not to use such strong words

I strongly felt that for some it's more about their hatred for current party

But your point is well taken

576281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

You really seem to suggest am some congress supremacist. 😆 Rest assured,that am not. The Congress government shamed the entire nation with their scams,their soft stance on terrorism and Nirbhaya. All of these were part of the Modi campaign to defeat it. The promises that were made about protection of betis were not kept. I didnt see a single congress person protecting the nirbhaya rapists either. So I can most definitely say this that with what am concerned,women and children have become more vulnerable than ever and even the government seems on the wrong side. Let this be a lesson for Indians when they go to vote again. BJP or Congress,children and women safety is not a trivial issue. Its time it becomes a priority. It just saddens me and angers me that's its 2018 and so many years after independence and we still aren't a priority.

Very well said! 👏
adigaag thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
its the governments responsibility to provide employment,security, education, infrastructure, increase social awareness period. Even after this, if the upbringing is faulty then there is a problem. So it's not just the government that can change the situation. It's a collective effort.
--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

All of India and all Indians need to take this blame because of who we've chosen to lead the country. Its our fault that we don't demand enough from our politicians. When some Indian does something good,we take collective pride,similarily when Indians do shit the whole country needs to take collective responsibility. We can't just take the good and ignore the bad. Acha hai toh sab ka hai but jab bura hai toh sapko sirf khudki pari hai.

I whole heartedly agree with your reasoning ...

At some level , as an Indian, I feel personally embarrassed with all that's going around .. I am obliged to raise my voice against the horrific instances occurring one after the other.. It is the least I could do to make sure that at least in the future we wouldn't have to put up with such dreadful circumstances .. As an Indian , I know we have to face our shame & tackle it head on .. I can't let my vain pride to get in the way of doing what's right .. We have to do whatever we can , acceptance is the first step .. Results should follow ..

But in all this , I can't help but think about where it leaves Islam & terrorism .. I tried to sympathize with Muslims in the sense that it is not that easy to accept that there's something wrong within the religion & that addressing the problem isn't easy .. But now , I am faced with a similar situation - India Shaming ... I can't for the life of me , stand here & defend my country against the shaming .. I can only hang my head in shame , accept it & address the issue .. That is the only way ( the right way ) to preserve my nation's dignity & to make sure that innocent lives can prosper in peace without an ounce of fear .. I have to do whatever it takes , burying my head in sand is not an option for me .. I hope Islam too is doing whatever it can ..
briahna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
It was fun laughing at our neighbours, but things in our backyard is getting worse , I guess let's laugh now, or should I say let's clean our backyard before laughing at others. it's sickening to see India trending for this sort of crime, every other year
Just as we were recovering from nirbhaya case comes asifa case , and this time a child as victim

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I didn't know people had fun laughing at neighbors here

What was so funny

807116 thumbnail
Another gem from Mallika Sherawat, who branded India as a regressive nation five years ago. Girl, hope you stay safe wherever you are. Don't bother about touching to this polluted country with your holy feet. Indians can manage without them.
Also the thread maker. Not too long ago, he/she was (supposed to be) loyal BJP supporter, who and his/her friends changed their loyalties. But the actions speak something else 😆.

If there is "Sugar" label in Achar bottle, can't we make out?

Anyway nice try, both Mallika Sherawat and the thread maker.
Hope, one day you get the attention you are craving for.
MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

As a foreigner that loves Indian culture, I would love for Indian women and children to be protected and feel safe, not to suffer abuse or worse, rape or murder.
- I have read that there are 35 million more indian men than women- could this be a reason..as in..not enough women for men..which leads to sexual frustrations?
-Another thing is..shaming..if women feel ashamed to report cases..or feel a policeman won't be sympathetic..it might make them unwilling to report..As such, online forms, female officers and even retraining of policemen in dealing with rape cases might help?
-India also has a huge population and varied religious and beliefs- not supporting BJP and Congress, but I think this makes it harder to get a unified response in voting a law, in making decisions..or to manage a general education and punishment. Like someone mentioned, politicians will allow some potential criminals in their circles ...for votes..
- Yes, in the West there are cases, but mostly about adults, not AS MUCH about children..and the children ones get so much visibility, the punishment is so much worse and debated everywhere..i think the huge visibility and condemnation makes it a deterrent..at least for some.
- Sex Ed is compulsory and any crime involving children and women, rape ..are all hugely condemned and discussed. So, again, school education, home education, media and government are in unison on this.

From thinking what India could do..
-maybe instill a better policy for economic growth..most cases happen in poor area..most rapists are from poor, uneducated background. Increasing general GDP and education will lead to better awareness.
-Maybe there should be some sort of 'fashion' of getting brides from other countries...to balance those 35 million extra men, compared to women..so those that cannot get a girlfriend or wife do not start looking into rape as a way to release sexual frustration.
-China dealt with this by managing population-birth control. The one child policy. Yes, they were commies and the leader is kinda like a mini tyrant, but it helped decrease the rapid overpopulation-compared to resources.Maybe if sex ed, condoms, better life were available, rape could decrease?
-I still believe India can grow economically and this will increase the chance for men to find better jobs, get better education,- find better prospects to have sex life (?), in turn be more aware of consent and the trauma such cases bring to victims.
-Possibly, if a lot of rapists were condemned with VERY harsh punishments, and mediatised- this would deter a lot of other men.
- Maybe even huge protestations held by the public, to force law, courts and government to take drastic measures in each case and to speed up the cases through the system (more Judges are needed)
-Reform the justice system..change obsolete laws and ensure good wages, punish police and lawmen that take bribes severely.
----
There are issues in all countries. The people of each country should be proactive and force governments to be responsible for their wellbeing. If not, vote another government in, and another and another, until governments realise they cannot play about with their countrymen's rights.
(this post is not intended to offend anyone..just some observation from someone that likes India).

Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anonymous39

Also most Americans recognize the rape problems in the US too. Most of the rape issues in the western countries are about consent. Two people go on a date and make out. Then the girl wants to stop and the guy can't handle it and forces himself on her. Then the girl reports the rape. It's a huge problem on college campuses and from what I've seen, they are trying very hard to make men understand what consent actually means. Just because a girl went on a date with you and you paid for dinner doesn't mean anything. Even if you're halfway there and she wants to stop, you have to stop.

The point is that people are ready to face it and come up with ways to try to bring this problem down. There's no easy fix but at least people recognize the issue. Nobody says things like "What about India?!! What about Uganda? What about this? What about that?"

When the Catholic church gets in trouble for sexually abusing 14 year old boys, they don't start shouting "What about Muslims? What about Hindus?" They deal with their own problems instead of engaging in constant BS to deflect attention and doing nothing productive.

In India, they are too busy spreading whatsapp propaganda and doing whataboutism and 'mera bharat mahaan' chants.

Most women in India feel fearful of walking on the street alone especially after dark. There is fear of using public transportation. Men leer and stare and make dirty comments. Ask girls that have to use the bus and see what they tell you about how men try to take their chances touching and molesting during crowds. South Asian men even online make disgusting comments and have a reputation for being perverts. This kind of stuff generally does not happen in western countries and women don't live in constant fear of sexual harassment.

You are not saving the image of India by doing all this constant copy/paste whataboutism. Nobody is fooled.

You do you

I question what Americans recognise after TRUMP got elected.

Even after his really racist/hateful comments. Not to mention his misogyny.

Either there is a large majority of Americans who support his racist views and turn a blind eye to his misogyny or I dunno.
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Easier to point fingers at other but difficult to accept flaws in our own. So instead of shaming or laughing at other countries flaws. how about trying to bring changes in your own backyard.

I read the entire thread, the false pride will not get you anywhere instead will create more problems. As this world is becoming narrower due to social media and do not underestimate others intelligence.

Without any revolution there will not be any changes, the women in the early 20th century would have not gotten voting rights, if they had not taken drastic steps to be heard.

So yes high time rapes are taken seriously and find a solid solution to this heinous problem so women/children are kept safe.