Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Allthatcritique

Your analogy completely fails. India has a system of law and order,it takes its citizens money,it has administrative units,it has voters,its a democracy, ministers of states,prime minister. Does Islam have any of these things. Its a religion,just like Hinduism. Religious fanaticism is different cause you can interpret your religion according to you. You can choose the good interpretation and bad acc to you. Nobody can stop you. There is no system to stop you. But a country has a system in place. Its a legal system. It has to answer to its citizens. You can't interpret your legal rights as you wish. And if you do, the police will put you behind bars. There is a reason most empires in history have separated the state from the religion. They are not comparable. The laws of the country are not based on someone's interpretation and therein lies the difference.[/DIV]

India needs humiliation on an international level because that's the only way this government works. And social media is a great tool. What are you talking about. Unrest in public is ne eded.The Asifa and Unnao's cases sped up cause of social media. The world got to know because of social media and the ordinance was approved so quickly because the world got to know. These cases were months older but things started happening because of social media.

My analogy was not comparing nationality with religion.

It is comparing beliefs of patroitism and religion.
People are as much loyal to religion as they are to nationality.
What I am trying to say is blaming whole of India constantly will
deviate the issue from tackling of sexual crime to nationalism issue.

People don't take shit about things they love, especially when the accusations are disparaging. And this social media outcry is doing nothing but spreading propoganda both Bhakti and anti-Bhakti.

I agree Government of India deserves all the blame and protests from the public for its failure to give safety the people of the nation especially the women and children against sexual crime, and they need to take responsibility. But while protesting people also need to understand that keeping religion and the country out of it is a very important thing.

Many people fail to understand the difference between state and government. Hence you see many people pouncing on, when people criticise India. Obviously criticism is against GOI, and not the country, but not everyone is smart to differentiate, so people hould be clear and specific about it. Yes current party Bhakts will still retaliate but people will still get a grip that criticism is against GOI, and not the country itself.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Betty-

Then why is it wrong to ban people from a country that sponsors terrorism and harbors terrorists

Isnt it funny that we should not shame pakistanis because of the actions of thier government
but our nation should be shame every indian because of incompetency of present GOI.

Ofcourse we we should not blame every Pakistanis, but where is this
sensibility gone when it comes to india? People who protested against witch hunting
are now encouring it now. Weird.
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anyways off to bed.
I just pointed my views, they are not meant to be facts, they are opinions, just everyone in the thread.
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: U_R_MY_BITCH

My analogy was not comparing nationality with religion.

It is comparing beliefs of patroitism and religion.
People are as much loyal to religion as they are to nationality.
What I am trying to say is blaming whole of India constantly will
deviate the issue from tackling of sexual crime to nationalism issue.

People don't take shit about things they love, especially when the accusations are disparaging. And this social media outcry is doing nothing but spreading propoganda both Bhakti and anti-Bhakti.

I agree Government of India deserves all the blame and protests from the public for its failure to give safety the people of the nation especially the women and children against sexual crime, and they need to take responsibility. But while protesting people also need to understand that keeping religion and the country out of it is a very important thing.

Many people fail to understand the difference between state and government. Hence you see many people pouncing on, when people criticise India. Obviously criticism is against GOI, and not the country, but not everyone is smart to differentiate, so people hould be clear and specific about it. Yes current party Bhakts will still retaliate but people will still get a grip that criticism is against GOI, and not the country itself.

The criticism is against the country as well as they are the ones choosing the government. The entire point of a democracy is that the country chooses the people to lead it,the state elects the government therefore its only fair both take equal blame for it. Its a lesson for the future to choose the right people,to demand answers. The people are responsible for the 'chalta hai' attitude and must take accountability. I think most Indians still see India through rose tinted glasses,a still poor victim and survivor of colonization that only deserves to pride herself. They don't get in their misplaced patriotic trance that the longer they sweep the dirtiest deeds under the rug the more they get rotten. Its truly time to accept what's wrong with the nation. Like I said in another post,acha hota hai to sabka but bura Hota hai toh sabko apni pari hai. Indians at ISRO do something great,posts like this is the real India come up but indians commit child/women rapes and posts are like India is not like this crop up. Its time to take the good with the bad. Patriotism ek taraf,reality ek taraf.
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

So like I said in my other post for some who're very vocal here and outside world, it's more about the fact that the party they dislike is ruling, that's troubling them more than anything else

For some reason if tomorrow the other party is throned these kinds of talks and threads will decrease even if incidents increased

And Indians ( actually Hindustanis) should atone for the sin of choosing the party those people despise

until they rectify it, they should be shamed... It should be a lesson to future generations only to elect that one particular party

Edited by -Betty- - 6 years ago
745671 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Like I said in another post,acha hota hai to sabka but bura Hota hai toh sabko apni pari hai. Indians at ISRO do something great,posts like this is the real India come up but indians commit child/women rapes and posts are like India is not like this crop up. Its time to take the good with the bad. Patriotism ek taraf,reality ek taraf.

Haha, yeah this part is hilarious. They even take credit for Indians that have left the country long ago and become citizens of other nations. I get so many stupid "proud to be Indian" forwards with names of people like Satya Nadella, Sundar Pichai, Sunita Williams, Kalpana Chawla, Indra Nooyi and so on.

And yet with so many actual successful Indians, they are busy trolling them and harassing them for not having the same political opinions as them. 😕

That reminds me, I was so confused when I heard about BW wanting to make a movie on Kalpana Chawla. Makes no sense at all. This was an Indian lady who moved away to the US, got her masters in the US, assimilated into the culture and married a white guy, became an American citizen, flew to space with NASA and died on the mission. She died tragically but she lived the American dream. This is a movie that is, if made, for Hollywood because it speaks to their audience, not to the desi audience. How do you do "Proud to be Indian" stuff out of this? Absurd.
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
You are saying as if us selecting(I didn't voted for BJP btw) current GOI is the very reason why rapes/delay in justice are happening in India. As if we selected any other government situation would have changed or under previous government rapes never happened.

See I agree society as a whole is f**ked up, and the reason why rapes happen is not a recency issue. It is a centuries of oppression and domimation men had to women, which has disrupted out society till now. And this is not going to change unless we men change as a whole.
But here it is being made like, it is because we Indians made Modi Govt rule India hence we all should be shamed for their incompetency regarding crimes. When the reason why people voted for BJP was because of decade long corruption done by UPA Govt. So people opted for a change, now obviously jab saab neta chorr hote hai toh aam janta kiya kaare? Humne toh badlav ke liye hi toh vote kia tha.

As I said earlier don't criticise everyone for the crimes of few people, or else it will always deviate the real issue.

Anyways lets agree to disagree, as our thinking is different, and we will not be able to be jn the sams page especially regarding this topic.
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
But Kalpana Chawla was born, brought up, did her Bachelors and lived in India until she was 20 yr old, she spent the rest of her 20 yrs in US

So what's confusing about BW wanting to want a make movie about her... There have been only a few women astronauts in history

But I've seen Indian newspapers listing Nora Jones when talking about Indians' accomplishments

Now, that's really confusing
1011128 thumbnail
This is a wrong statement. Yes there have been news but land of rapist is absolutely wrong and unfair to vast majority of people. I wont tolerate such comment for my own country also.

I dont blame these people either...problem is some people are more sensitive than other and they make extreme statement which then becomes political and then we have other side who thinks it is defending country who are coming out as defending rapists or being soft on them or finding excuses. They are obviously protecting their country

Lets deal with the issue as a crime. I have always advocated the same for terrorism when people try to relate to religion and county. We should treat it as a crime

Lets focus on the crime and reduce it...instead of finding issues in country or people who are raising this issue

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Betty-

So like I said in my other post for some who're very vocal here and outside world, it's more about the fact that the party they dislike is ruling, that's troubling them more than anything else

For some reason if tomorrow the other party is throned these kinds of talks and threads will decrease even if incidents increased

And Indians ( actually Hindustanis) should atone for the sin of choosing the party those people despise

until they rectify it, they should be shamed... It should be a lesson to future generations only to elect that one particular party

You really seem to suggest am some congress supremacist. 😆 Rest assured,that am not. The Congress government shamed the entire nation with their scams,their soft stance on terrorism and Nirbhaya. All of these were part of the Modi campaign to defeat it. The promises that were made about protection of betis were not kept. I didnt see a single congress person protecting the nirbhaya rapists either. So I can most definitely say this that with what am concerned,women and children have become more vulnerable than ever and even the government seems on the wrong side. Let this be a lesson for Indians when they go to vote again. BJP or Congress,children and women safety is not a trivial issue. Its time it becomes a priority. It just saddens me and angers me that's its 2018 and so many years after independence and we still aren't a priority.