Yami Gautam's sister Surilie Singh to make Bollywood debut

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Yami Gautam's younger sister, Surilie Jasraj Singh, will have her big Bollywood launch with Rajkumar Santoshi's period drama on the Battle of Saragarhi. Surilie will be playing the female lead in the film opposite Randeep Hooda.

Surilie, who is married to late comedian Jaspal Bhatti's son Jasraj Singh, was launched in 2012 in Punjabi films with Bhatti-starrer Power Cut. While travelling for the promotions of the film, the team had met with an accident in which Jaspal passed away. It was the same accident which left the actress injured. Now, after six years, she will be seen on the big screen in her debut Bollywood film. The shooting of this historical saga starts in May.

Surilie shared how she prepped for the film and told Mumbai Mirror, "I'd met Raj sir last year when he narrated the script and I fell in love with it. I'm playing Havildar Ishar Singh's wife, Jiwani. It's a character that reflects strength and confidence. Being launched by Raj sir is a dream come true. I spent a good time prepping for my launch. We'll also be working on my dialogue delivery, body language as we look at references for the perfect look as well. I've been reading up about the character online for prep too, she said.

Though Yami, Surilie and Rajkumar Santoshi were spotted posing for a selfie together hinting at the big sister's support to the younger one, it was sometime last year only when Yami was quoted by DNA as saying that Surilie is not interested in Bollywood. "She's just done one movie and is not really into acting. I don't think she has any plans of coming into Bollywood because she is already working," said the Vicky Donor actress.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Randeep has already done film on this subject??? This will be complete mess up... 3 films based on same story... next year akshay's kesri is coming, then ajay's film & now this Randeep's film.
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Yami ko filmein milti nahin, Jo bhi milta hain woh bhi chote mote roles, abb aa gayi uski behen  
This is not Nepotism? I always say that everybody helps their kith n kin. So, stop bashing star kids and their families. Bcoz even we all wud do exactly the same if we were part of the film industry. 
beingsirius thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I've seen Power Cut. Surilie was quite pretty in that.
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
What's with their names... one is yummy and the other surilee...

#PJ
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Omkara.

Randeep has already done film on this subject??? This will be complete mess up... 3 films based on same story... next year akshay's kesri is coming, then ajay's film & now this Randeep's film.

In sab se pahle same subject pe serial aa gaya Discovery Now pe Mohit Raina ka😆
This is like Bhagat Singh repeat when we had 5 Bhagat Singh movies and all of them flopped.
astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Surilee is pretty. Looks like that girl from kaanta laga temix video. She was also very pretty but is now married to a much older guy. Hope surilee has better luck than Yami.