I Found Love ft. ZaBir

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hello folks! Tanu here. Writing my first OS on this forum 
Got the idea from a discussion with Mana on the ZaBir AT today πŸ˜³
This story is to remind us that love can be found in the simplest of moments if you know how to experience it β€οΈ
Dedicated to all the wonderful folks who have welcomed me on this forum so sweetly πŸ€—
Hope you like it. Would appreciate any criticism and/or feedback πŸ‘πŸΌ
Gunnyt! Off to study for my exam now. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plot: ZaBir are back from the honeymoon and she is feeling a little lost after all that has occurred with the sudden kidnapping, stalking and almost forced nikaah. She's glad Kabir saved her but cannot help but think he is doing all this coz its his farz and not because he cares. Also is a lil jealous that everyone (including her family) is praising him for his bravery, but noone is commending her for her courage. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a stupid fight.

It was a stupid fight with stupid words exchanged and stupid things that neither girl could take back.

Now, both girls sat juxtaposed each other in Zara's colorful bedroom. Reema placed herself on the bed, stating she would not let the door be tainted with the "stupidity" of the situation.

"Zara, this is ridiculous."

No response.

"You're acting like a kid. It's time for us to grow up."

Still nothing.

"You can't always be right, Zara! You don't get whatever you want in life. Kabir-

"You think that's what I'm upset about?" gritted Zara, whipping her head up so fast, brunette whips of hair hung messily about her face.

"I-

"You don't get it, do you?"

Reema frowned.

"You think I don't know that? God, Reema! I'm the expert of not getting things I want, you know that. This isn't about me not getting things my way, this is about them choosing Kabir over me. Ever since we married each other, it's been all about him."

Reema glared, as she clenched her fist in her lap. "You're acting selfish, Zara Siddiqui. Why can't you just be happy?"

Silence. Zara felt her eyes blurring, her head and heart ached.

"I'm going home," she whispered, climbing out the window.

Her leave was welcomed with a huff from Reema and no request to come back.

It was a week. A full week without going to her house. A full week without them talking. A full week where it was everyone against Zara.

Instead, she focused on household tasks and helping Kabir's mother in the apartment.

Reema didn't try to talk to her, either. Instead, she spent time hanging out with Imran.

Kabir. Zara felt her insides want to burst when she thought of him.

As she stood by the door of the house, she watched Imran walk by talking with Kabir. She didn't bother making eye contact with him. Everyone always took Kabir's side.

Why wouldn't they? she thought. I'm just the girl with the messed-up life.

"We need to talk."

Zara glared. "You wouldn't want to be seen talking with me, Kabir."

She turned to walk away, but Kabir grabbed her arm, swinging her back around again.

"Zara."

"Isn't this what you wanted, Kabir?" she choked. She wasn't going to cry today. Not in front of him.
 "You finally got everything you wanted all to yourself. You almost got rid of me who makes your life miserable."

He frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"What I'm talking about is the fact that everyone chose you over me. That's how it's going to be from now on."

"You're crazy if you think anyone cares any less about you. And I refuse to let you say stuff like that."

Her eyes were getting very blurry now. She looked up, begging for her eyes not to betray her.

Zara took a deep breath. "You don't get it, do you?"

"No, I guess I don't," said Kabir, watching her face carefully. He swallowed as he followed the tear travel down her cheek.

"I'm not...I don't deserve happiness. I'm the mess with the messy family, messy everything. Reema...she's all I had that was close to the 'perfect' I wished I could be."

"Zara-

"And, okay, fine," more tears spilled down her face as she continued. "Maybe I am jealous, alright? Maybe, I'm angry because everything good that happens to me...everything that I love never lasts. I don't know what I did-

"ZARA-

"AND OKAY, I should be a better friend. I should be a better daughter, but I wasn't. I'm supposed to be a married, responsible girl now. And now...I just...

She was breaking. She was exposed. Kabir watched as she placed a hand on her forehead and slid back against the kitchen shelves and seating herself on the floor. Worriedly, he knelt beside her. This poor girl, he thought. She's only trying too hard to make things work.

When her breathing regulated, she continued, slowly and very timidly, "I guess this is just part of what I need to do to be a better person. I just-I can't be happy for her all the time. And she and you-she looked up at him, at this point. Brown met black eyes and Kabir swore his breath hitched-you're the maulvi. And...I should've known they would've cared more for you than for me."

He sighed as he continued to watch the girl wipe her eyes on her dupatta. She was late for namaaz.

"Zara."

Nothing.

"Zara."

Still nothing.

"Zara...please. Just look at me."

She closed her eyes briefly, then met his eyes shyly. Her dark lashes framed her brown eyes, slightly red from crying.

What a beautiful girl.

"Zara...do you know how much I care about you?"

He saw her eyes widen slightly. She doesn't know.

She blinked twice. Kabir gently placed his arm around her, encasing her in between the locker and the side of his rib cage.

"Kabir," she began, using his real name. "I...I mean...are we even friends?" Zara began to build her walls up again. "Would we even be friends if it weren't for Reema?"

He frowned, she noticed his jaw hardening and his stare becoming icy.

"How can you say that? After everything we've been through?"

"Face it. I'm no good for you. You're smart, Imran is loyal, Reema is...well, she's adventurous. I'm...

"You're saying I'm only nice to you because I have to?"

"I-

He was frustrated. "How could you think that? Zara, c'mon, I...

Kabir forced her to look at him, following her gaze as she shifted her eyes uncomfortably. He also forced himself to not get angry. He felt a vein pop in his neck, a warning sign of an outburst.

"Zara, I," he continued slowly. "I am you. I'm not perfect, you know that. You're the one who gets me, and I get you. Do you realize how amazing it is to have someone like you who just gets it?"

"I'm sorry that you've felt like you weren't cared about...but Zara, you have to know that everyone will always care about you. I will always care for you. And you deserve happiness. Out of all of us here, Zara...you're the one who makes me want to get better at it."

She gaped at him. Eyes shining with realization.

A beautiful, broken, and brave girl.

"I'm sorry, Zara," he whispered.

The pair continued to sit there for many minutes. Zara was very late to namaaz now and Kabir refused to unwrap himself around the girl, as he held her more, humming occasionally.

Zara breathed in and out.

She felt herself slowly feeling...feeling something. But what? She had no idea yet.

All she knew was that someone, someone cared. And she began to get up, Kabir snapping out of his daze and following her up. He stared at her, my gosh, how he stared at her.

"I'm going to talk with Reema and Imran now. They are getting married soon. That is what she wished to tell you before you misunderstood everything."

"Ohhh..okay," said Zara. He stared at her. So intently, Zara had wondered why she'd never seen that look on his face before.

"I-

"I care about you, Zara," he said quickly, desperately. As if those were his last words.

"I know, Kabir. I know that now...thank you."

The sunset streaked through the windows close to Zara. Kabir saw her freckles even more now, in the orange tint of the sky's illumination. He saw her brown eyes turn into flecks of translucent light almost. Her hair was a mess, but it was her hair and it was Zara in the truest form.

After he walked her the room and after he reminded her once more and after he took a shower, brushed his teeth, and went to bed without doing any of his work, he laid there wondering what the hell he was feeling that afternoon as the sun framed her in something special.

He felt himself slowly feeling something...but what? He had no idea yet.
Edited by Tme0w - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
so hearfelt
please add a SSS/FF/OS as the case maybe please :) so that more people read this beautiful story
Anniiee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
WOW.
This was just so beautiful and touching ❀️
It was so real. It was such a treat to read/get to know Zara's inner turmoil after the emotional roller-coaster that Kashmir was.
I loved reading this piece.
Keep writing.πŸ€—
crispsy thumbnail
Such a beautifully developed story. Loved it 😳
Please write more
Snow_kf thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Beautifully written.
I just loved it.😳 
Keep writing.
Shonasyl thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Beatiful,Tanu!
Thanks for sharing!
agreatwcr thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 6
beautiful imagination tanu...πŸ€—
aqua.m7 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
TANU!!!!
This was exactly what I meant!

Omg yaar it was breathtakingly beautiful...πŸ‘

Thank you so much for writing THIS! I'm hoping ull continue but I know uve got exams

Bravo!πŸ‘
peculiaris thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Damn! This was one beautifully written piece, and loved how Zara climbed outta the window, typical angered-Zara behaviour! πŸ˜†
Also, the hints of Zara jealousy added the realistic touch to it, and Kabeer's care and concern for Zara would never not make me melt! β˜ΊοΈ 
Now I'd be eagerly looking forward to reading more of such One-shots by you, but I understand the exam pressure building up, so best of luck!

MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Aww! Such a beautiful piece. You should write more!