Sara Ali Khan approached Rohit Shetty to cast her in Ranveer Singh's S

LoseYouToLoveMe thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Did you know Sara Ali Khan approached Rohit Shetty to cast her in Ranveer Singh's Simmba?

By Pooja Nayak | Published:Fri, April 13, 2018 7:12pm

This is how Sara Ali Khan bagged Simmba opposite Ranveer Singh...

Even before Sara Ali Khan's first film Kedarnath could hit the screens, she got lucky to bag her second film that too something as big as Karan Johar and Rohit Shetty's collaboration Simmba. And then when you know the film also stars a powerhouse of talent like Ranveer Singh, be rest assured that it's a blockbuster guaranteed. I mean, I don't think Sara could have got a grander launch than this. But little did we expect that it was Sara who asked Rohit to cast her in Simmba and not the other way round. Like that's what Rohit confessed in his recent interview.

Revealing how he met Sara and why he thought she's the perfect choice for Simmba, Rohit said, "When I met Sara for the first time, I realised she is a hardcore commercial heroine. She is made for masala films. Sara approached me saying she wanted to work with me. I thought she'd be perfect for Simmba. She'll match Ranveer's craziness because her character in the film is such. Hopefully, Sara will deliver as expected and we'll get our new favourite in Ranveer and Sara's fresh new pairing. Also read: All you need to know about Sara Ali Khan's role in Simmba

Interestingly, Janhvi Kapoor was also in the running for Simmba. Mumbai Mirror carried a report saying how both Janhvi and Sara were narrated the scripts. However, Janhvi apparently leaked the news that she was being considered for the film, even before getting a confirmation and that's how she lost out the film to Sara.

Talking about the film, Simmba is the Hindi remake of Jr NTR's South film Temper. It follows the tale of a corrupt cop, who changes his ways after falling in love with a beautiful yet simple girl. While the film is slated to release on December 28, 2018; how excited are you for this one?

Published:Fri, April 13, 2018 7:12pm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikhil718 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'm not going to judge her as I don't what know she's capable of as an actress. All i can say GOOD LUCK because Rohit Shetty is a BO machine meaning she may get her golden ticket to the 100cr or 140cr club.

I know
very well what Rohit is capable of with Ajay at the BO so i'm confident that he will repeat the same scenerio with Ranveer.
Maybe it was her dad πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Good Luck to Sara...looking very pretty here..
Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ogreatone

Maybe it was her dad πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Well her Stepmother has a good connection to Shetty so i wouldnt suprise if he said yes bc of her. But well Starkids like to call directors to get the movie soo why shouldnt she do it.
Can a random girl approach Kjo? 
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I am already going to be part of the hate club, easy life with rich parents getting served with big directors and paycheck easily. Jealous hater on the list
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Having kareena as step mom really helps
she is on great terms with rohit post golmaal series..saif is good for nothing..
CerealKiller thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Too much of pampering already can result in a disaster. Godfathers can never sail a sinking ship, they can only arrange for more life boats.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
She is not pretty...she got that Pataudi nose.