Pakistan’s first Miss Bikini !!

Larki_deewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

hey guyz...i didnt know that there was a pakistani girl who was in the miss bikini pageant...i was shocked when i found this article online so i thought i should share it with u guyz 😊...sorry if its already posted

here's the article-

Pakistan's first Miss Bikini!

Monday September 04, 2006 (1230 PST)

Most Popular
Print Add to Favorite

< =text/> < src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/> < name=google_ads_ marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-2720621581136817&dt=1166820248656&lmt=1166820248&prev_fmts=468x60_as%2C728x15_0ads_al%2C120x600_as&at=250x250_as&output=&channel=6024667184&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paktribune.com%2Fnews%2Findex.s%3F153100&color_bg=FFFFFF&color_text=626E52&color_link=626E52&color_url=626E52&color_border=8d9a7b&ad_=text_image&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paktribune.com%2Fnews%2Findex.s%3F150189&cc=556&u_h=840&u_w=1344&u_ah=810&u_aw=1344&u_cd=32&u_tz=-300&u_his=34&u_java=true" Border=0 width=250 scrolling=no height=250 allowTransparency></>

Related Links

Meera to quit Lollywood
Meera turns singer for Pakistani Devdas
Lollywood calling Indian stars
Indo-Pak event on Pakistan television
Five films to heal Feroz wound
More Related News >>

President Gen Musharraf's idea of "enlightened moderation" may not have caught up in Pakistan yet, but it definitely seems to have encouraged some of the Pakistani repatriates to break the Desi and or Islamic barrier.

For the first time, a Pakistani girl has participated in an international beauty pageant overcoming the traditional barriers of the conservative Islamic nation.

Houston-based Pakistani-American Mariyah Moten (22) represented Pakistan at the "Miss Bikini of the Universe" pageant held in Beihai, a summer resort city in south China on August 28.

Mariyah won the "Best in Media" title (trophy plus sash), as being the most photographed and interviewed girl in the entire pageant. Since the pageant, she has been on Zee News, Khaleej Times, China Daily, Hangzhou Newspaper and various other newspapers in China and elsewhere.

She was born and brought up in Karachi, Pakistan, and moved to the United States with her family eight years back.

Presently she is studying Hotel Management at the University of Houston in Texas, where she did her high schooling.

"It's the first time that Pakistan is participating in the bikini pageant, as we're an Islamic country," Moten was quoted as saying by 'China Daily'.

"Now there's less reproach in Pakistan on women's participation in such beauty contests," she said.

"All my family support me and I'm excited to have the chance to participate in the event." She and 47 other participants paraded at the 'Great hall of the people'

The candidates, all aged between 18 and 25, paraded before the cameras representing their countries.

India did not participate.

The Bikini winner was crowned "Queen Pearl" and received USD 5,000 in prize money; second and third place earned the title "Miss Pearl," and received USD 3,000 and USD 2,000 respectively, according to the pageant's organizing committee.

Competing with 44 delegates, Mariyah was given the award on the final night. This is the second award Mariyah has received in her pageant career. She won "Miss Charity" at the Miss Tourism Queen International pageant in July 2006, and now the "Best in Media" title in August 2006 at the Miss Bikini Universe 2006 pageant.

For More Pics Click Here

courtesy: despardes.com

and here is a pic of the miss bikini

she's the one in the red bikini

plz post ur comments abt this 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IMAN thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ufff,no comments!!!

anyways thx for sharing!!
gr8amna thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

holy cow .... thats not good

by the way i thought india didnt participate ... then what ios this girl with the india tag doing next to her??

Edited by gr8amna - 17 years ago
Larki_deewani thumbnail
they lie...obviously they do have a indian miss bikini 2
Larki_deewani thumbnail
lolz....i know i couldnt blv it either when i saw it 🤢
deactivated thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow guys there looking weird..but hindhustani wali one.is looking mashallah like amna shariff!hmm i didnt know pakistan had miss bikini but she is lookin 🤢 hai allah yeh kya horah hae! che che che!..ALLAH HAFIZ skhan 😛
hijab777 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
First of all thx for sharing, because some people are clueless about how the pakistani culture is outgrowing in U.S. This is such a disgrace for pakistanis'....I mean how can the parents allow this at the first place...She is looking 😡 I hate people like those who don't instill culture and moral values in their children and even try but fail. Just my opinion, so not to hurt someone feeling that feels that pakistan should go into all this crap. 😡
aisha92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
🤢 🤢 🤢
lukin at things like dat, jus makes me think that dont these ppl hav any self-respect and yeah how can their families allow them 2 do this 😕 Pakitan is a muslim country, so this jus brings shame 2 our beautiful country & culture 😡 😡 😡 !!!!! eeeeuurrrrgghhhh 🤢 🤢 🤢 , is all i can say 2 dat!!!
deactivated thumbnail
yaa soo many people are doing this i even saw here in canada they do drugs and go to clubs its just wrong! 🤢
khads45 thumbnail
is she muslim?
ew she looks horibble 🤢