PreeRan SS || Heartstrings ||Updated Chap 3 : Page 6 *17/3*

Black_Maniac thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Here you go. Another story with another stupid title. Totally my forte😆.

I had this plot for so long, ab finally jaake I found someone who fits in. Isloye, Karan and Preeta become the bakras for this one.

I'll label it as Almost Alternate Universe😆

Index
Chapter 1: Page 1
Chapter 2: Page 4
Chapter 3: Page 6
Edited by Black_Maniac - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Black_Maniac thumbnail
Chapter 1: Uh-Oh

Preeta sighed as she brewed herself a cup of tea. Her day at work had been extremely tiring. She was a practicing physiotherapist and the job was not really easy, what with people of all ages throwing tantrums, be it teenagers who had broken their bones or the elder society with all sorts of aches. She pressed two fingers against her temple and massaged it, trying to relieve herself of the growing headache.

Her phone rang and she smiled when she looked at the caller ID. Home.

Preeta was working in Mumbai, away from her family that stayed in Nasik. Her small family consisted of her forever tensed Mom, the coolest Dadi she could have asked for and her sister Shrishti who was annoying and amazing at the same time. They called her thrice every week and would all sit around the phone fighting to get the phone and speak to her. She was extremely fond of evenings like these when they called her at around 8:45, knowing she would have just returned from work and preparing tea for herself.

Preeta was about to pick up the phone but she seemed to have realised something. A certain other problem that her Mom was pestering her with. After numerous rejections, her family had short-listed a guy for her. They wanted her to meet him. In the morning, when Sarla had first called her to inform her about the same, Preeta had ignored her mother's attempt to talk about this and lied that she was getting late.

Preeta was so lost in trying to think of the perfect excuse that she forgot about the call that she was supposed to pick up. It was when Shrishti's favourite song started ringing that Preeta was pulled out of her reverie. She bit her lip as she saw Shrishti's dorky picture flashing on her phone screen. Her family would usually continue calling her from the mobile phone that was kept specifically for calling Preeta (they were weird that way). If Shrishti was calling her, the matter was definitely important. She quickly swiped and put the phone to her ear.

"I am so..."

"Di! Are you mad? You were supposed to pick up the call. We have called you 4 times already." Preeta's apology was drowned by Shrishti's excitement.

"Okay calm down!" Preeta sighed. "I am sorry."

"You'll be even more sorry now."

Preeta narrowed her eyes for she could feel Shrishti smirking. That's the bond they shared. They could just know what expression the other had only by hearing each other's voice.

"Di! You remember attending to Mrs. Luthra about a year ago?"

"Yes I do Shrishti! I never forget my patients."

"Well, guess what. Their family was here in Nasik, specially here to meet us. Pucho kyu?"

"Kyu?" Preeta asked, not sharing even half the excitement Shrishti had.

"They had come to ask for your hand for marriage for The Karan Luthra!"

While Shrishti had expected Preeta to jump up in excitement just like Shrishti embarrassed herself in front of the Luthras', Preeta just rolled her eyes.

"This is like the worst prank you could play Shrishti."

Saying so, she had cut the call, not bothering to hear what Shrishti wanted to add.

She then kept her phone on silent and went ahead with doing her chores. Since she had other things to look after, Preeta ordered for herself a pizza and got busy in cleaning the house. But before this, Preeta smiled to herself. She would enjoy her tea.

Her favourite part of the house was the balcony. The apartment was her own, she could proudly say. She had worked hard for the past 3 years and was able to buy herself the basic necessities and a house that looked plush. Even then, it was only the balcony that somehow provided her peace even in a city as busy as Mumbai. The cars kept on honking throughout the day and even night, the night lights would not let the city sleep and yet, it was peaceful. Somehow, Preeta understood that this hustle bustle was a part of the peace and she seemed to enjoy it quite well.

Just as she had finished with her last sip, and the bell rang. She went to the room to get the money when she saw the phone flashing.

She picked it up and opened the door, forwarding the money not really bothering to look at the visitor.

"Surprise Surprise." Shrishti was upto something and Preeta was scared. She just pushed the money into the Pizza boy's hand and turned around, pointing her finger and asking him to wait for a minute.

"What did you do now?"

"Well, your sweet home is going to be bestowed with the presence of Team India's fabulous cricketer, Karan Luthra."

"Shut up Shrishti, I don't have time for your jokes." Even though Preeta had tried pretending nonchalant, a sudden nervousness gripped her. Her heart was beating a little faster. She cut the call and turned her attention to the poor delivery boy and that's when she observed a few things.

He wasn't in the usual uniform. He didn't carry a pizza . And most importantly, his looks were extremely similar to that of her nightmare's (read: dreams). Preeta's frown turned deeper and she cursed herself for not taking Shrishti seriously.

When she saw Karan smirking at her, her heart leaped in excitement and her brain spiralled into depths of confusion. Uh-oh.

"Hey Baby Doll!" Hearing Karan's voice and his stupid endearment for her made the blood rush to her cheeks and she smiled nervously.

All she could say was "Please remind me to not take Shrishti's jokes lightly. Ever."

Next Update: 10th March (pakka😆)

Socho agar tumhare ghar ke darwaaze pe ek din yu Karan (or Rishab) aa gaye toh

Thoughts? Do you like this?😳

Cheers,
Krishi ❤️
Edited by Black_Maniac - 6 years ago
abhiya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing yaar 👏, I felt so light reading this update, Something very different. I am waiting for next 😊
Angel2002 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Perfect writing love karan will be waiting for ur update
Black_Maniac thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhiya23

Amazing yaar 👏, I felt so light reading this update, Something very different. I am waiting for next 😊

Thank you😳
Glad you enjoyed reading!
Black_Maniac thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angel2002

Perfect writing love karan will be waiting for ur update

Thank you!
Oh, you'll hopefully love him even more as the story progresses😆
aqua.m7 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail