Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: poppinss

That was an interesting writeup especially about the real women and the politics and how ineffective the whole thing is... 

I just recently started watching NM.  Going to complete Septemberepisodes and have a long way to go.  

I have seen Babbu's acting, I agree that he is not going to win an oscar but he is not bad either.  He is definitely watchable.  I find a seasoned actor like Indranil boring.  He is ok but for his experience I was seriously bored with his portrayal and also the character.

Having said that... this show is an ITV show and its going to go the ITV route.  Star Bharath is now a FTA channel until the show reaches the masses NM is not going to get money.  And reaching masses will only be by the tried and tested formula... revolutionary females or grey characters sadly do not seem to fetch the trps. 

So its going to be more about everyone ill treating Nimki, Babbu not loving Nimki, Anaro treating Nimki bad and Tettar ill treating Nimki.

The only difference that would be acceptable for the trp audience would be the comedy suppandiish / shikari shambu antics of Nimki.  Nimki overcoming the obstacles with her wit and the bla.  But I guess we need to be ready for a sob story as makers are clearly all out for trps.

Hey there thanks a lot for the appreciation. Seems you too are a seasoned ITV viewer like meπŸ˜†

I truly truly agree with you on the Trp and the ways they are fetched. And we must not miss babbu's sil she will be delighted to get a new punching bagπŸ˜† I kind of look forward to sweetie's stand πŸ˜³ and I just like you agree that if the light headedness of the show remains intact it might be more likable but as you said it is going to be a sob story, I am very sure and I absolutely dread it.

On the topic of babbu, I think it's a little unfortunate for him that he is mostly accompanied with actors wY superior to him. But there's certain room for improvement and this applies for Indraneel as well he too can improve more if the character artist are too fine than these two. But babbu should work harder as his scenes are going to increase in length. 

To me the character artists are the real assets of the show πŸ˜³
Edited by aishwish - 6 years ago
poppinss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aishwish

Hey there thanks a lot for the appreciation. Seems you too are a seasoned ITV viewer like meπŸ˜†

I truly truly agree with you on the Trp and the ways they are fetched. And we must not miss babbu's sil she will be delighted to get a new punching bagπŸ˜† I kind of look forward to sweetie's stand πŸ˜³ and I just like you agree that if the light headedness of the show remains intact it might be more likable but as you said it is going to be a sob story, I am very sure and I absolutely dread it.

On the topic of babbu, I think it's a little unfortunate for him that he is mostly accompanied with actors wY superior to him. But there's certain room for improvement and this applies for Indraneel as well he too can improve more if the character artist are too fine than these two. But babbu should work harder as his scenes are going to increase in length. 

To me the character artists are the real assets of the show πŸ˜³

Agreed the supporting cast are really an asset, a really well casted lot.  

I personally like Anaroo... she is the best actor of the lot.  Maybe followed by Tetar and Damadji not to mention Dadi.  Till what I have seen I may not have seen variations in Babbu's expressions but he has potential.  Lets hope he gets to emote more with more screen space, time and emotions.

DBO babu's got more space  than Babbu from what I have seen till now.  And I still kind of like Babbu's charecter better.  I find that the comic timing between Nimki and he are good, special mention to the money returning and the cycle crashing scenes.  While Nimki has the tendency to overact... I found Babbu's expressions to make things more funnier in those scenes.  HOpefully we will get more comedy from the Tetar family with Nimki.  

I am not a seasoned viewer of ITV shows... but do read a lot about the trp and such lol..  From that angle... I understand what we are going to get... but then...I sure will side with the TRP aunties than sit and watch a Rudali Nimki or an unrealistic Nimki... my views πŸ˜‰  Butchering a character on TV is a given when a show gets into the Saas bahu mode... lets see if this PH will give us something different.
Edited by poppinss - 6 years ago
sandhyanu--1995 thumbnail
Exam ki baat to kahi nhi h...jealous..waise logo ke liye jo babbu (stupid,dumb, fake villan, poppet for his father)...ko like karte h as a hero.I agree nimki should marry with babbu if babbu character is  a little positive and in his heart some kindness and honesty for nimki. WHEN NIMKI GET TROUBLED BY ANY PERSON ABHIMANYU ALWAYS HELP AND PROTECT HER.nimki abhi take teetar ke plan ko Jan hi nhi pye h..apne ap ko save kaise kar rhi h? 
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: aishwish

Hello Hi Forum waasio!!

This is my first ever post on NM forum.

While going through previous pages I noticed the disappointment of majority of the members over Nimki and Babbo wedding. The guy playing babbo and his "aah-mazing" acting skills being a prime reason.πŸ˜†

Now at the cost of loads of ande and tamatar (theek hai yaar waise bhi done bahout costly ho gaye hain πŸ˜† ) I'd like to say that this wedding is absolutely and absolutely necessary, in fact this wedding is the basic plot of the story. 

Now I don't remember the exact year but the govt. of bihar was the first to grant 33% reservation to women in panchayat elections which was after a few years increased to 50 %. Later many other states implemented it. I'm sure everyone is aware of this. What many of us are not aware of is the our very own desi version of women empowerment that followed. Here in the show the seat of mukhiya gets reserved for the woman and lower caste simultaneously, but in reality as we all are aware the provision of reservation for the backward castes in panchayat elections already exists. So as soon as the scheme for women reservation was announced each of the existing mukhiya (no prize for guessing  all of them belonged to the same species: MaleπŸ˜† )  stepped down from their posts for their respective spouses and daughter-in-law and mind you not daughters because hey beti toh paraye ghar jayegi bahu ka kya hai paraye ghar se aayi haiπŸ₯± kahan jayegi πŸ˜† So, all of a sudden women who were prohibited to step out from their homes, women who were forced to cover their faces behind veils longer than curtains,were dragged out of their "comfort zone" (yes dragged and not called out) to the collector/BDO/EC's office, mind you still in their veil becuase hey again bhale ghar ki bahu betiyaan and blah blah. Women who were beaten almost everyday and couldn't help it  becuase their husband/in - law happens to be mukhiya, were now being beaten becuase she happens to be a  mukhiya and needs to be kept in check and control lest the power goes to her head, and they still couldn't help it. In short each of them were a Jhumri. An "Anaro" was and is  hard to find. During election campaigns the banners and posters were printed with the photo and name of the ex. mukhiya (the male one) while after winning his wife took the oath and then went in the kitchen to prepare drinks and dinner for her husband and his posse to celebrate and from the next day onwards he continued his life as mukhiya including the perks. Much has been debated on this issue and many measures are taken to improve the situation and the only difference it had made that now the election campaign banner and pamphlet now holds the photo of female candidate as well (not to mention the face concealed behind a veil and hence who is who doesn't matters at all) .

And this is what Nimki mukhiya is all about. It is not a story of an aspiring (or non aspiring in Nimki's case) young girl's journey to the corridors of politics. It is the story of all those women who were part of what was called as a "revolutionary measure", a life altering change about which they had no idea about. Yes, parts of the problem could still be touched by Nahar singh trying to dictate Nimki and Nimk's conscience finally making a call and she taking a stand under the guidance and support of BDO babu. But through the marriage with babbu they can touch a whole lot broader aspect of the  issue. By the marriage it would include those thousand of women who are getting debated in the house of legislature. Those thousand of women who are completely oblivious of it. 

Now having said that what makers could do, I myself have an idea what they will actually do. Enough experience of Indian TVπŸ˜† NM was very authentic in it's flavour in the beginning. I remember once during some sort of celebration or something a character mentions about "daal bhara puri " (daal stuffed in puri ). That was such a welcome change from the stereotypical 'litti-chokha' Slowly the show is losing the grip. The way Nimki is behaving now a days leave alone village, girls in towns of bihar don't behave in that manner in their wedding. Their was a time when Nimki was ignorant in a cute sort of way and was relatable. But ever since Tettar singh nearly abducted Raam bachchan and Nimki on gun point and madam was still happily admiring the haweli and the fountain, Nimki's charachter is going down the hill and has almost reached the plains πŸ˜† Even BDO now is so pavitra aatma, I miss his little oh just little corrupt habits πŸ˜† they use to make him more real. Only consistency is shown by Babbu, starting se leke ab tak same : bakwaasπŸ˜† 

NM has great potential and it will be destroyed greatly.πŸ˜† No doubt about it. Abhi toh babbu ji ko Nimki ji se laauu bhi hona haiπŸ˜† I no more follow it religiously, just off and on, but I hope they keep Babbu an all in all black character. Nimki can walk out of the marriage, she is bold enough for that. But first they need to restore Nimki's character. Nothing wrong in a girl taking the initiatives or being the bolder one in a relationship. I'm even okay if she is lewd and gold digger (in Nimki's case behind the pretense of innocently delusional)  I don't mind a morally bankrupt heroine, what I mind is inconsistency. Changing dimensions of a character is one thing and the character itself changing like a forth dimension object is an other thing πŸ˜†.I want to stay with the show but it is getting difficult with each passing day.  

On that note I'd like to put an stop. Can see the post has ended up being quite lengthy, so if you chose to read it and read it till the end, may god grant you the patienceπŸ˜† 

@Topic maker.That's a very insightful post. Thanks.😊
I agree very much with you on the marriage part and the reasons why the marriage should happen.
People like Tettar Singh and Naher Singh ruling by proxy is almost a pan Indian phenomenon.
Why only in villages? A certain lady was made PM because the party thought she was a Goongi Gudiya and could be used like a puppet.She went on to prove what she is made of.Love her or hate her but one could not ignore her while she was alive.(Don't want to take her name and discuss politicsπŸ˜›πŸ˜†)
@bold red - You put those points across very well.I was trying to put those points across but was labelled as supporter of saas bahu drama and Babbo admirer and felt that I was being *jealous* of BDO babu πŸ˜†

I don't really care for the way Nimki is behaving right now. May be being Bahu of Haweli is her dream and her dream is colouring everything and clouding her already limited vision.
No I don't want to see her being rescued by any HEROES. I would love to see her become the HERO of her own life.
Don't understand why a girl needs a HERO to rescue her and support her. 

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
It was pure politics. Isko bolte hai aida banke peda khana. The veterans thought they would project her as the heir of the legacy left by her father. She waited till she got the chair. Everything else is history.I so wished even Nimkk did that. If only she could do that to Tettar and Babboo.
I think the same happened to Abhimanyu fans or even worse. A separate post was written to label everyone who didnt agree as ' Drama queens'. 
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
If this story had any hint of the plot you sggst then it would be worth it to see Nimki n Babboo together. Beyond lack of acting skills on the part of the ML its an old plot they are treading on not innovative.  BDO character has more grace but, Nimki v system would be more fun or maybe it would be rehash of Desh ki Beti.  I am cool with Nimki being outright gold digger or even agreeing to marriage n cash in exchange for power that Tettar wants.  But, her innocence or delusion about Baboo is hard to swallow.
dey.bh thumbnail
[QUOTE=AnjanaYYZ]If this story had any hint of the plot you sggst then it would be worth it to see Nimki n Babboo together. Beyond lack of acting skills on the part of the ML its an old plot they are treading on not innovative.  BDO character has more grace but, Nimki v system would be more fun or maybe it would be rehash of Desh ki Beti.  I am cool with Nimki being outright gold digger or even agreeing to marriage n cash in exchange for power that Tettar wants.  But, her innocence or delusion about Baboo is hard to swallow.[/QUOTE]  I agree with you word by word.
@ Bold, πŸ‘ That is the point. 
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I haven't watched many Indian shows at a stretch. The only show which airing watched for a long long time was Balika Vadhu.But I do read a lot about the entertainment scene on Indian Television.
What I gathered is that is family drama that works with Indian audience and to make the show financially viable family drama is a must.
I see Saas Bahu drama as the old bottle and the caste angle along with the quirky female lead as the new wine.

After watching this show I understood how the politicians who played the caste card stayed in power so long.
On one side this show is highlighting the discrimination faced by the weaker sections of the society and on the other side how they're all ready to get hold of the political power which is within their reach now.
The scope for tussle between the castes is more with Nimki's entry into the Haveli.
Anaro definitely needs a large dose of Nimki to make her realise that neither she nor her community have exclusive rights to rule the society.

I would wait to watch Nimki Anaro scenes and put up with Nimki's blinkered view of the world
aishwish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dey.bh

I liked your pov about the marriage  @ TM but then problem is that this kind of ' Uccha Vichar' dont happen in the tellyworld. The makers will never show her walking out of the marriage at all. Hriday parivartan will happen and its not acceptable at all.The show is a satirical approach to democratic values and frankly it revolves around one sided story where the Dalits are tortured by the upper caste people. However, there is another side to this coin.In the political world, the caste politics plays a very important and powerful role. This is how Mayavati and laloo prasad Yadav became important figures in Indian politics. Since the show doesnt even aim at being close to reality, there is no point in expecting Nimki can do anything after being Tettar's Bahu. As a matter of fact she isn't ready for marriage at all because she doesn't understand the complexities of a relationship. She is an escapist and genuinely needs psychological counseling.

I am not sure how Nimki will react when she learns about Babbo's truth because she is not ignorant about it but deliberately wants to ignore every unpleasant truth. She isn't really in love but adores his social status and power. So, she will get a haveli and Tettar rather unwillingly will give her social status. Babboo's love doesn't matter. She can keep ignoring that all her life.

Now, if Babboo was trapping Nimki into a hoax marriage I would have accepted this track .Babboo never showed any love for her but its her own notion that Babboo admires her beauty. She isn't interested in being a Mukhkya either. So, what does she learn after marriage that she didn't get the chance to learn before marriage?The best way is to show Tettr cancelling the marriage after getting an MLA ticket from some other political party. She needs a heartbreak and a rejection to come to her senses.

@bold: I absolutely agree with you.. And ironically while all these caste politician with their regional parties evolved, thrived and aimed against that one party. The "Yuvraj" of that party is now heavily banking on caste politics. As you said there are two sides of a coin, on one side SC/ST protection act is being abused just like the dowry act whereas on the other side, Dalits are still being burnt alive in remote parts of Bihar.

But I'd like to disagree a bit on the point that this show doesn't aims to be close to reality. Yes it leans on the fictional side still they have managed to pepper the story with a hint of reality as well, in fact more than a  real hint. A. The writers and the actors especially the supporting cast is doing an amazing job with the authenticity of the background. NM is such a refreshing change from the pseudo Bihari shows with orange sindoor and adding "ba/wa" after every word to making it sound like Bhojpuri, even if the character happens to be belonging to Darbhanga where Maithali and  not Bhojpuri is spoken (reference, Bhabhiji Ghar Pe Hain).

B. Even the dalits are not sterotyped as ultimate tortured dukhi aatmas whose sole purpose of life is to cry and do penance for being born as Dalits. They are shown as self sufficient ones  with a sharp political insight. Yes they are shown as financially weak ( not every dalit is poor) but then also they aren't shown dramatically poor, there's a fine balance, while Raam bachchan has a basic cell phone Nimki gets an android. Even the girls are being sent to school. More than the caste difference it's the monetary difference which is playing a major role. Yes the whole Tetter family is into caste discrimination but part of their discrimination also holds a frustration that they are no more able to hold the power over dalits, like they used to. The dalits in this show are  politically aware, they gladly welcomed the prospect of the seat reservation for their caste. The portrayal of dalit in this show is far cry from the otherwise hands folded sobbing 'malik sarkaar hum aapke naukar hain' dalit's image. And is again very real.

C. Characters like BDO. BDO again is very real and represents the youth of Bihar. He belongs to an upper caste still doesn't mind at all mingling with the so called "lower caste. Even Babbu, doesn't minds caste at all. Agreed that time again he must have been passing caste-ist remarks but that's because he and ethics doesn't go hand in hand. Given  a choice he wouldn't mind caste at all (if things works in his favour). castism isn't itched in him like anaro or dadi. So, there again it shows that when it comes to youth caste is slowly losing relevance (though delhi abhi door hai) 

Coming to Nimki and Babbu's marriage. Like you even I don't understand how Nimki getting to know about Babbu's feeling will make any difference or how it will be a revelation at all. From day one his feelings have been on her face and ( hers on hisπŸ˜†). But still there are many lessons which she can learn from the marriage. One, that there are no short cuts in life. Even for love and happiness you need to work hard. Two, how blessed she is to get a father like Raam bachchan and not like Tettar who really doesn't have any concern regarding his daughter's displeasure's regarding her husband or who knows that his daughter is far more capable and level headed and hence more deserving to be his political heir still chooses the son over her. In fact Nimki and Babbu is an interesting pair, they have a lot of traits in conman. Both don't take denials easily, both are spoiled, both have zero political insight, both are habitual of getting everything served right in the platter, both are opportunist and lastly both have absolutely absolutely no intentions of doing anything significant in their life on their own or being self sufficient. Both prefer to stay in the bubble where babbu is the raja beta and Nimki is the Rani beti with no responsibilities to fulfill. πŸ˜†. The marriage would be the first time where Nimki would be in a situation with no one to bail her out. Who knows when tested she might come up with some strength and ability of which herself is not aware till now. 

And I agree with you, chances of a scenario where she walks out of the marriage is bleak. Indian TV bahu simply doesn't walk out of the marriage πŸ˜† 

dey.bh thumbnail
pseudo Bihari shows with orange sindoor and adding "ba/wa" 

Lol, I cannot stop laughing.🀣