NImki's wedding to Babbu is an absolute necessity!

aishwish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hello Hi Forum waasio!!
This is my first ever post on NM forum.

While going through previous pages I noticed the disappointment of majority of the members over Nimki and Babbo wedding. The guy playing babbo and his "aah-mazing" acting skills being a prime reason.πŸ˜†

Now at the cost of loads of ande and tamatar (theek hai yaar waise bhi done bahout costly ho gaye hain πŸ˜† ) I'd like to say that this wedding is absolutely and absolutely necessary, in fact this wedding is the basic plot of the story. 

Now I don't remember the exact year but the govt. of bihar was the first to grant 33% reservation to women in panchayat elections which was after a few years increased to 50 %. Later many other states implemented it. I'm sure everyone is aware of this. What many of us are not aware of is the our very own desi version of women empowerment that followed. Here in the show the seat of mukhiya gets reserved for the woman and lower caste simultaneously, but in reality as we all are aware the provision of reservation for the backward castes in panchayat elections already exists. So as soon as the scheme for women reservation was announced each of the existing mukhiya (no prize for guessing  all of them belonged to the same species: MaleπŸ˜† )  stepped down from their posts for their respective spouses and daughter-in-law and mind you not daughters because hey beti toh paraye ghar jayegi bahu ka kya hai paraye ghar se aayi haiπŸ₯± kahan jayegi πŸ˜† So, all of a sudden women who were prohibited to step out from their homes, women who were forced to cover their faces behind veils longer than curtains,were dragged out of their "comfort zone" (yes dragged and not called out) to the collector/BDO/EC's office, mind you still in their veil becuase hey again bhale ghar ki bahu betiyaan and blah blah. Women who were beaten almost everyday and couldn't help it  becuase their husband/in - law happens to be mukhiya, were now being beaten becuase she happens to be a  mukhiya and needs to be kept in check and control lest the power goes to her head, and they still couldn't help it. In short each of them were a Jhumri. An "Anaro" was and is  hard to find. During election campaigns the banners and posters were printed with the photo and name of the ex. mukhiya (the male one) while after winning his wife took the oath and then went in the kitchen to prepare drinks and dinner for her husband and his posse to celebrate and from the next day onwards he continued his life as mukhiya including the perks. Much has been debated on this issue and many measures are taken to improve the situation and the only difference it had made that now the election campaign banner and pamphlet now holds the photo of female candidate as well (not to mention the face concealed behind a veil and hence who is who doesn't matters at all) .

And this is what Nimki mukhiya is all about. It is not a story of an aspiring (or non aspiring in Nimki's case) young girl's journey to the corridors of politics. It is the story of all those women who were part of what was called as a "revolutionary measure", a life altering change about which they had no idea about. Yes, parts of the problem could still be touched by Nahar singh trying to dictate Nimki and Nimk's conscience finally making a call and she taking a stand under the guidance and support of BDO babu. But through the marriage with babbu they can touch a whole lot broader aspect of the  issue. By the marriage it would include those thousand of women who are getting debated in the house of legislature. Those thousand of women who are completely oblivious of it. 

Now having said that what makers could do, I myself have an idea what they will actually do. Enough experience of Indian TVπŸ˜† NM was very authentic in it's flavour in the beginning. I remember once during some sort of celebration or something a character mentions about "daal bhara puri " (daal stuffed in puri ). That was such a welcome change from the stereotypical 'litti-chokha' Slowly the show is losing the grip. The way Nimki is behaving now a days leave alone village, girls in towns of bihar don't behave in that manner in their wedding. Their was a time when Nimki was ignorant in a cute sort of way and was relatable. But ever since Tettar singh nearly abducted Raam bachchan and Nimki on gun point and madam was still happily admiring the haweli and the fountain, Nimki's charachter is going down the hill and has almost reached the plains πŸ˜† Even BDO now is so pavitra aatma, I miss his little oh just little corrupt habits πŸ˜† they use to make him more real. Only consistency is shown by Babbu, starting se leke ab tak same : bakwaasπŸ˜† 

NM has great potential and it will be destroyed greatly.πŸ˜† No doubt about it. Abhi toh babbu ji ko Nimki ji se laauu bhi hona haiπŸ˜† I no more follow it religiously, just off and on, but I hope they keep Babbu an all in all black character. Nimki can walk out of the marriage, she is bold enough for that. But first they need to restore Nimki's character. Nothing wrong in a girl taking the initiatives or being the bolder one in a relationship. I'm even okay if she is lewd and gold digger (in Nimki's case behind the pretense of innocently delusional)  I don't mind a morally bankrupt heroine, what I mind is inconsistency. Changing dimensions of a character is one thing and the character itself changing like a forth dimension object is an other thing πŸ˜†.I want to stay with the show but it is getting difficult with each passing day.  

On that note I'd like to put an stop. Can see the post has ended up being quite lengthy, so if you chose to read it and read it till the end, may god grant you the patienceπŸ˜† 
Edited by aishwish - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for this post. Although I dont agree about Nimki's marriage , I agree a lot about other things you have said. 
The way Nimki behaves is beyond me. I too dont mind Nimki being a golddigger if she was shown that way. If she knew Babbo wants to marry her for her Mujhiya status and therefore she too wants to marry him because of his social status and money it would have been just fine. What I hate here is she believes a man will die for her beauty while she has the right to choose money over anything else.

I wouldn't mind a loudmouth herione if she was consistent with everyone. While she will beat a young boy for beating her brother because of being low caste, she easily ignore s Anaro thrashing her away.

I have said this before but Nimki's character went downhill ever since her haveli darshan. 
Edited by dey.bh - 6 years ago
MOHINI26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't agree with your post, simply to say Babbu is the best.
sandhyanu--1995 thumbnail
Some people are jealous to bdo character πŸ˜†why??? .bdo is corrupt officer but he is good guy by nature and behaviour, he always help villagers and nimki family. In this way he earns some profit like bless πŸ˜›..whats wrong? In bihar corruption subject is very normal.at last abhimanyu is not big corrupt. Babbu as hero ..never happened.hero wahi jo heroine ko safe rakhe. 
aishwish thumbnail

Originally posted by: dey.bh

Thank you for this post. Although I dont agree about Nimki's marriage , I agree a lot about other things you have said. 

The way Nimki behaves is beyond me. I too dont mind Nimki being a golddigger if she was shown that way. If she knew Babbo wants to marry her for her Mujhiya status and therefore she too wants to marry him because of his social status and money it would have been just fine. What I hate here is she believes a man will die for her beauty while she has the right to choose money over anything else.

I wouldn't mind a loudmouth herione if she was consistent with everyone. While she will beat a young boy for beating her brother because of being low caste, she easily ignore s Anaro thrashing her away.

I have said this before but Nimki's character went downhill ever since her haveli darshan. 

Thank you for the reply, and it's okay that you disagree with the marriage point .Cool with me πŸ˜Š (though that's the point I was trying to makeπŸ˜† ) And agree with you on Nimki ka mudda. Lets just say at this point she is making it extremely hard for the viewers to like her πŸ˜† I pray she doesn't takes the daya ben from TMKOC route, from adorable to annoying 
aishwish thumbnail

Originally posted by: MOHINI26

I don't agree with your post, simply to say Babbu is the best.

Okay πŸ˜Š

Though I can't see what makes Babbu the best to you (if it wasn't a sarcastic remark which I failed to note). But each to its own, good if it works for you. πŸ˜Š
ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
[QUOTE=sandhyanu--1995]Some people are jealous to bdo character πŸ˜†why??? .bdo is corrupt officer but he is good guy by nature and behaviour, he always help villagers and nimki family. In this way he earns some profit like bless πŸ˜›..whats wrong? In bihar corruption subject is very normal.at last abhimanyu is not big corrupt. Babbu as hero ..never happened.hero wahi jo heroine ko safe rakhe. [/QUOTEπŸ‘πŸ‘]
aishwish thumbnail

Originally posted by: sandhyanu--1995

Some people are jealous to bdo character πŸ˜†why??? .bdo is corrupt officer but he is good guy by nature and behaviour, he always help villagers and nimki family. In this way he earns some profit like bless πŸ˜›..whats wrong? In bihar corruption subject is very normal.at last abhimanyu is not big corrupt. Babbu as hero ..never happened.hero wahi jo heroine ko safe rakhe. 

@bold: Umm...not sure if this was specifically for me or a generalized one. But like you even I will like to know why would people be "jealous" of BDO.? I for instance am  preparing for competitive exams and BDO happens to clear them whereas I'm still attempting, so  may be in some parts of my brain I'm jealous of him which maybe I myself have not realized but you with your amazing deducing skills have managed to observe.πŸ˜† But not sure what reasons others will have to be "jealous" of BDO. IMO they should dislike him (only if they want to ) that would be more safe. Being "jealous" of a fictional character would be twisted thing to deal with.

And You really don't need to defend him on the issue of corruption as I myself appreciate that trait of the character. (as duly mentioned in my post😊).

P.S. Corruption is not meant to be a "normal" subject but unfortunately it is normal and not only in Bihar but in other states as well😳

P.P.S Hero wahi who can draw a line between right and wrong and definitely draw a line between wrong and very very wrong. ( Which at this point happens to be BDO, but dear don't make it like I've to appreciate BDO to be in your good books or make a point to you. I might be a fan of Babbu or anyone in general and still deserved to read properly before getting an impromptu judgmental reply)Aur heroine wahi jo khud ko safe rakh sake πŸ˜Š
poppinss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
That was an interesting writeup especially about the real women and the politics and how ineffective the whole thing is... 
I just recently started watching NM.  Going to complete Septemberepisodes and have a long way to go.  

I have seen Babbu's acting, I agree that he is not going to win an oscar but he is not bad either.  He is definitely watchable.  I find a seasoned actor like Indranil boring.  He is ok but for his experience I was seriously bored with his portrayal and also the character.

Having said that... this show is an ITV show and its going to go the ITV route.  Star Bharath is now a FTA channel until the show reaches the masses NM is not going to get money.  And reaching masses will only be by the tried and tested formula... revolutionary females or grey characters sadly do not seem to fetch the trps. 

So its going to be more about everyone ill treating Nimki, Babbu not loving Nimki, Anaro treating Nimki bad and Tettar ill treating Nimki.

The only difference that would be acceptable for the trp audience would be the comedy suppandiish / shikari shambu antics of Nimki.  Nimki overcoming the obstacles with her wit and the bla.  But I guess we need to be ready for a sob story as makers are clearly all out for trps.
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I liked your pov about the marriage  @ TM but then problem is that this kind of ' Uccha Vichar' dont happen in the tellyworld. The makers will never show her walking out of the marriage at all. Hriday parivartan will happen and its not acceptable at all.The show is a satirical approach to democratic values and frankly it revolves around one sided story where the Dalits are tortured by the upper caste people. However, there is another side to this coin.In the political world, the caste politics plays a very important and powerful role. This is how Mayavati and laloo prasad Yadav became important figures in Indian politics. Since the show doesnt even aim at being close to reality, there is no point in expecting Nimki can do anything after being Tettar's Bahu. As a matter of fact she isn't ready for marriage at all because she doesn't understand the complexities of a relationship. She is an escapist and genuinely needs psychological counseling.
 I am not sure how Nimki will react when she learns about Babbo's truth because she is not ignorant about it but deliberately wants to ignore every unpleasant truth. She isn't really in love but adores his social status and power. So, she will get a haveli and Tettar rather unwillingly will give her social status. Babboo's love doesn't matter. She can keep ignoring that all her life.

Now, if Babboo was trapping Nimki into a hoax marriage I would have accepted this track .Babboo never showed any love for her but its her own notion that Babboo admires her beauty. She isn't interested in being a Mukhkya either. So, what does she learn after marriage that she didn't get the chance to learn before marriage?The best way is to show Tettr cancelling the marriage after getting an MLA ticket from some other political party. She needs a heartbreak and a rejection to come to her senses.