Is Manisha Koirala an under-rated actress?

LiveLifeHonest thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
  She acted in a wide variety of roles and did many hit films. She received much critical acclaim throughout her acting career. If I remember correctly, she was one of the few actresses that could emote solely through her eyes. However, she has never received the reverence and appreciation senior actresses like Madhuri and Sridevi get. Do you feel that she is under-rated? Edited by LiveLifeHonest - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I agree!

She is very underrated
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
i don't know
while she gave some good.performances like dil se..bombay etc

some like mann were horrendous to say the least..over acting to a whole new..

purplesnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
She was OTT, just like every other actresses in the 90s and early 20s (Aish, Kajol etc).  It was like they went to the same acting school.  SRK too lol.
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: cougarTown

i don't know

while she gave some good.performances like dil se..bombay etc

some like mann were horrendous to say the least..over acting to a whole new..

same. first half of Mann was so bad, it looked like those grade C movies- Zero acting, zero direction. 
Nikhil718 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well technically she is although her performances like Dil Se & Bombay were highly appreciated amongst critics and audiences. However, performances like Khamoshi, Lajja, Akele Hum Akele Tum, Mann, 1942: A Love Story, Company and ect are very underrated.

I can't comment on Dear Maya as I've not seen this film.

She's definitely a good actress when it comes to Romance, Drama, Thriller and etc. When I saw Company few years back, I was suprised to see her play a gangster role although her performance when unnoticed but it was good acting.

KabhiKabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hardly.She is an average actress at best. 
Taify thumbnail
She wasn't on the top when she was there, plus she was never known for the looks. We only praise top actresses or the pretty ones. So many more from Madz and Sri era are never mentioned.