Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sidsk thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: bookworm123

Agree, he is playing someone in his late twenties very well..it is a delight to watch his expressions indeed..

However, my observation is that his performance as the young lively Asfi was not as good...in his interviews he says that he is closer to the older Asfi so he found that part easier...no wonder he is acing that role..

Which also tells me that we need to see how well he does in a role that is completely different from his real life persona...for example the chirpiness in the first half was not always authentic for me...whereas the vulnerable younger brother parts in the first half were good

You're right...the young Asfi was okay. Not saying Ahad was bad in that role but it didnt have much to offer like the older Asfi did...I mean Ahad did what he could but he was better in the emotional scenes of the young Asfi..
I get what you are saying. The older Asfi is something else really...yes, Ahad's ease in playing the older Asfi comes across quite visibly on the screen.

Originally posted by: octaverider

That and I feel like this scene conveyed his respect for Zubiya as a person. ...True, true.

Humara kuch nahi ho sakta behan. Allah hi hafiz hai humara. 😆

Hahah...bilkul sahi!😆

and ashfi stayed whole night in hospital with zoobiya...if u watch that carefully, he comes home at morning.. such a pure love, I m also madly in love with ashfi.. being a doctor I love a fictional doctor
Very pure! And the actors and YKS team have doen a commendable in portraying such a pure kind of love.

Hahahah...love your last line.😆

SanFrangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Agree, I was amazed to know that he is only 24, such young boy, it is amazing to see how much maturity he shows in his acting, yes even though he said he is like Dr Asfi in real life, still how can he illustrate so many emotions that Asfi goes though at a such a young age? One can see his training and also inborn talent I guess. Not a single new age actor comes close to him, he is living Asfi, I think he is going to be a big actor one day, I really hope he stays humble and grounded and gets to work with good directors and awesome scripts.. I believe he is a method actor and he can pull off any role, I am looking forward to his future work. I really hope he hires some good advisors/ agents soon. He also needs to stop giving lot of interviews and he should keep himself exclusive, it is always good to have little mystery surrounding you. God bless him..

You r right. 20 of us viewers here dissect every scene and come up with so many interpretations. I just do not get it how he at this young age, reaches such intricate reasoning. He operates at so many levels, the non verbal, body language, the voice pitch, it is like he is an acting ki dukaan.
This role of young urban professional is actually a great fit for him seeing that he was brought up abroad. I want to see how he does other more traditional kind of roles. We might see him faltering there. Also a lot of Pak dramas have regressive story lines, and I dont know if that would go with his earnest personality. I guess the way forward has to be films as much as television for him.
SanFrangirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: fanraya

I know right? Such a masterpiece, I love that scene so much, I just can not stop watching. Amazing portrayal of emotions by Ahad and Sajjal, The way he was so happy to see her, his whole body language, he was so casual with her, the way he was teasing her initially, kutch serious baat, the way he tilted his head, and then when she said about her rishta, his blush and apologetically he said yes I had to ask you first but so what my family has taken an initiative, so lovelyl. As if the whole thing is set, you are mine and I can not wait to make you mine.. Poor guy had no idea what's in store for him. the way he laughed, was so heart warming.. touched my heart, really as if he was saying, what? what do you mean, shadi nahi karogi, so you want to just continue like this? here I am dying to be with you and can not stay away from you for a minute.. the entire laugh was so natural and his expressions were to the point. The way he said "To Kya karogi " had so many meanings, it showed how eager he is to take the next step in their relationship. The entire scene was so beautiful, really heartbreaking the way Zubia rejected him.. How his expressions changed when she said "attraction, infatuation" just too good, I do not think anyone else can play this role as good as him.. Ahad is a brilliant actor and I am madly in love with Dr Asfi..

Beautifully written @fanraya. I think this is the best explanation of "toh kya karogi?" I admit at the first I looked at it through a feminist angle and felt a little upset for Zubiya. But your explanation is so simple and organic.
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: fanraya

I know right? Such a masterpiece, I love that scene so much, I just can not stop watching. Amazing portrayal of emotions by Ahad and Sajjal, The way he was so happy to see her, his whole body language, he was so casual with her, the way he was teasing her initially, kutch serious baat, the way he tilted his head, and then when she said about her rishta, his blush and apologetically he said yes I had to ask you first but so what my family has taken an initiative, so lovelyl. As if the whole thing is set, you are mine and I can not wait to make you mine.. Poor guy had no idea what's in store for him. the way he laughed, was so heart warming.. touched my heart, really as if he was saying, what? what do you mean, shadi nahi karogi, so you want to just continue like this? here I am dying to be with you and can not stay away from you for a minute.. the entire laugh was so natural and his expressions were to the point. The way he said "To Kya karogi " had so many meanings, it showed how eager he is to take the next step in their relationship. The entire scene was so beautiful, really heartbreaking the way Zubia rejected him.. How his expressions changed when she said "attraction, infatuation" just too good, I do not think anyone else can play this role as good as him.. Ahad is a brilliant actor and I am madly in love with Dr Asfi..

I know! My duas to FI for etching this wonderful character and to Ahad for bringing it to life so so well...

As I rewatch the last episode I continue to fall for this character even more...she played down their relationship, but he is such a mature gentleman..staying with her in her moment of need yet not intruding in her personal space..staying all night with her in the hospital..I cannot get over the curtain scene as well..how he looks at her with so much longing but stepping away to give her privacy..

Accepting her criticism of his earlier inaction...and immediately letting her know that his conduct will be different this time...he knows her worth and he actually loves her even more after this notwithstanding her puzzling rejection...

Always getting emotional at the thought of his beloved elder brother (I find that so adorable because he will always be his chotu)..

SanFrangirl thumbnail
That is the best thing I have heard about us!

On par with be-izzati at fixed time!
sidsk thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Check out Ahad's eye game...

Just look at how Asfi is chewing his food thoughtfully, his whole focus on Zubiya.

*Them eyes!*

And this!

You can see a tiny, very minute stifling of a smile on his face.

octaverider thumbnail

Originally posted by: SanFrangirl

That is the best thing I have heard about us!

On par with be-izzati at fixed time!

Mai tere yaad ke kharchoon se tang hon kiya kiya
Mera hisaab magar mukhtasir ..nikalta hai..

Mai tere waqt ke humrah chal nahi sakti
Ke tera waqt mujhe rondh kar... nikalta hai...

*so in love with the OST right now*

When are you coming to twitter M?

fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bookworm123

I know! My duas to FI for etching this wonderful character and to Ahad for bringing it to life so so well...

As I rewatch the last episode I continue to fall for this character even more...she played down their relationship, but he is such a mature gentleman..staying with her in her moment of need yet not intruding in her personal space..staying all night with her in the hospital..I cannot get over the curtain scene as well..how he looks at her with so much longing but stepping away to give her privacy..

Accepting her criticism of his earlier inaction...and immediately letting her know that his conduct will be different this time...he knows her worth and he actually loves her even more after this notwithstanding her puzzling rejection...

Always getting emotional at the thought of his beloved elder brother (I find that so adorable because he will always be his chotu)..

@bold 👏 Well said.. That Curtain scene is so beautiful, brilliant direction, without any dialog, he conveyed so many emotions. Love for her, longing to be with her, as he knew what Khajitha means to her, and respecting her privacy.. I mean it was just so lovely, within minutes such a huge impact. I think that is what sets them apart, there is nothing like YKS and that's the reason we are all going crazy.. I do not know what I will watch after this, there is not a single story that gives me any pleasure.
octaverider thumbnail

Originally posted by: sidsk

Check out Ahad's eye game...

Just look at how Asfi is chewing his food thoughtfully, his whole focus on Zubiya.

*Them eyes!*

Response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTmEAa-QUp8

Originally posted by: sidsk

And this!

You can see a tiny, very minute stifling of a smile on his face.

Woh uss ka kan-ankhiyo se dekhna
Aur aap hi aap muskurana
Humain yaad hai...<3
Edited by octaverider - 6 years ago
SanFrangirl thumbnail
God! I just had a crazy image of us all still on this thread in 2018, discussing each scene and finding new things.
I have lost all respect for my sense of discipline.

Edited by SanFrangirl - 6 years ago