Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Push-pull thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: SanFrangirl

The thought of suicide dosen't cross Zubi Baby's head! It couldnt. She is like a hardy rose plant which can grow again and again wherever you replant it.

Yes, you have done full justice to her in every way.. Just hoping the same from the show and wanting to see it on reel..
Asfi-Zubi characters are not something that come across either on-screen or in real, that often.. The potential has to be explored well for a good memory.. 😳
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Push-pull

Yes, you have done full justice to her in every way.. Just hoping the same from the show and wanting to see it on reel..
Asfi-Zubi characters are not something that come across either on-screen or in real, that often.. The potential has to be explored well for a good memory.. 😳

Suicide is considered a crime in almost all the religions...Zubia has been shown to be very god fearing...even from that standpoint suicide would not sit well with her belief system...

I wish even as a promotional tactic they had not shown something like this...as if to say that for the sake of "izzat" even an educated person (a doctor no less!) may contemplate extreme steps

From the very beginning I have been very uncomfortable with the idea of making the repercussions of missteps of youth and immaturity seem so severe...I would have preferred a greater focus on the environment of domestic abuse and her mother's death at her father's hands..
Edited by bookworm123 - 6 years ago
Push-pull thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bookworm123

Suicide is considered a crime in almost all the religions...Zubia has been shown to be very god fearing...even from that standpoint suicide would not sit well with her belief system...

I wish even as a promotional tactic they had not shown something like this...as if to say that for the sake of "izzat" even an educated person (a doctor no less!) may contemplate extreme steps

From the very beginning I have been very uncomfortable with the idea of making the repercussions of youth and immaturity seem so severe...I would have preferred a greater focus on the environment of domestic abuse and her mother's death at her father's hands..

Hmmm.. On one side if it's the extremity of she believing in commiting a crime there's also another thing about how they've focused on what would be Asfi's reaction to this mistake of hers.. Rehan has been more aligned to even honor killing ready to dispose Zubia, in however way it could be.. And they've driven the same till the end of the episode awaiting the audience on what would be Asfi's take in all this.. I can't even think Asfi needs to be put on a spot to be the judge of this..
Even the thought that Zubia might doubt his reaction to her mistake isn't sitting well given the maturity of his character.. Zubia could've shown to have the confidence in him but maybe her doubts prevail with respect to his family and how the society reacts to it all over again..
Edited by Push-pull - 6 years ago
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Hayaa.m

Naddiya we all knew it that it was you but we kept ur name hidden for the purpose that few people were not liking their screen shots to be shared which is justified in a sense that u post others stuff but don't attach disclaimer. However we wanted u to either come up clean by urself or if not atleast in future put disclaimer. This way we wanted to keep ur respect intact. keh koi baat nahi hojati hai galti.

Now since u have accepted with a right reason so its completely fine. Glad that u have shown guts. Trust me we all decided that we will not share the name just for the sake of your respect but at the same time in indirect words let you know that in future do add disclaimer.

@Bold call us bond 007 or whatever but this thing has happened and its easy to know who is doing it and i wish u should have come immediately to post the msg earlier without waiting for us to let u know indirectly.

Anyway jo hogeya vo hogeya ..lets move on. Peace.

Nadiya baat yeh nahi k they won't underestimate these terms or convo but this discussion we do here is private ,yes stalkers n silent reader r here but to copy paste some one convo is highly unethical without their consent,, we all talk here every kind of talk, obviously others won't understand in which context we says, I hope u will be careful with it next time,do share just ask us,no hard feelings .
bookworm123 thumbnail
. I can't even think Asfi needs to be put on a spot to be the judge of this..

Exactly
Hayaa.m thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: farahs_6

😆😆

Acha chalo...ab wednesday se pehle pehle editor ko dhoond laao ...shabash...ek dafa bas woh editor mere haath lag jaye kahin se 😡

Farah why can't u do the honors of searching the editor and help all of us😆. Sab ki duain milein gi 😳😉
Edited by Hayaa.m - 6 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hayaa.m

Farah why can't u do the honors of searching the editor and help all of us😆. Sab ki duain milein gi 😳😉

I wish ...I had those investigative skills as you and Hina...😆

But I tried searching for Syed Tanveer Alam once.. Couldnt find him
SanFrangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hmmm.. On one side if it's the extremity of she believing in commiting a crime there's also another thing about how they've focused on what would be Asfi's reaction to this mistake of hers.. Rehan has been more aligned to even honor killing ready to dispose Zubia, in however way it could be.. And they've driven the same till the end of the episode awaiting the audience on what would be Asfi's take in all this.. I can't even think Asfi needs to be put on a spot to be the judge of this..
Even the thought that Zubia might doubt his reaction to her mistake isn't sitting well given the maturity of his character.. Zubia could've shown to have the confidence in him but maybe her doubts prevail with respect to his family and how the society reacts to it all over again..

@bold
I dont think Zubiya needs absolution from Asfi. It is not that Asfi needs to sit as a judge over her life's mistakes. IMHO, she wants him as a witness to her life. When in love we want our loved one to know our life story, even the smaller insignificant things.We want them to relive parts of our lives they were not present in, from our POV.
On her own, she knows that the domestic violence in her life and the Rameez incident both are no reflection on her morally and that she was a victim there and not a perpetrator. Her interest in the psyche of little children and the fact that Khajista is near about the same age as Z herself was during her mother's death, means she understands she had no agency.

bookworm123 thumbnail

@bold
I dont think Zubiya needs absolution from Asfi. It is not that Asfi needs to sit as a judge over her life's mistakes. IMHO, she wants him as a witness to her life. When in love we want our loved one to know our life story, even the smaller insignificant things.We want them to relive parts of our lives they were not present in, from our POV.
On her own, she knows that the domestic violence in her life and the Rameez incident both are no reflection on her morally and that she was a victim there and not a perpetrator. Her interest in the psyche of little children and the fact that Khajista is near about the same age as Z herself was during her mother's death, means she understands she had no agency.

Very well put.

That however is not likely to happen on this show, only implied. Asfi and Zubia's convo on his past included the following 4 sentences -

1. I had forgotten to laugh
2. I saw the coverage of the seminar (acknowledging that she knew the story)
3. I went to bhai's kabar
4. I am fine and actually pursukoon after so long

That is the style of this show...versus ZGH in which characters articulate all their thoughts to their confidantes, even the thoughts which do not reflect well on them..

Since I am feeling ok about how they handled Asfi's background wrt. Zubia with such minimal convo, I am hoping I will be ok with the last episode (hoping with capital H)..

Edited by bookworm123 - 6 years ago
OnepoundChic thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

yea we both are in the same boat and we know how to handle the holes in it as well 😆😉
Edited by OnepoundChic - 6 years ago

Word Count: 0