Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kasaf thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Just read all the chapters in one go and I must say it's awesome story...keep it up..looking forward for more chapters
Cheesybites thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kasaf

Just read all the chapters in one go and I must say it's awesome story...keep it up..looking forward for more chapters

Thank you so much for reading all the chapters in one go, must've been a long read! Your appreciatiion means a lot to me :)
Cheesybites thumbnail
So here we are, with Chapter 8 of Shaadi Mubarak : The Wedding Story! This might seem like a filler chapter to a lot of you, but while making the transition in the story, I feel like these moments are necessary. Also, if you guys feel like there were too many emotions in it, I apologise, but again, Asfi and Zubiya carry a lot of strength as characters who have been through difficult times, so it's only fair to pay attention to that aspect.

Don't forget to give your feedback and suggestions!

Enjoy

Chapter 8

The darkness of the long winter night fell across the highway as Dr. Haroon drove the car with Gaiti sitting beside him. Asfi and Zubiya were in the back seat, their rare, soft whispers inaudible to the others. The wedding had been held at a hotel situated some distance away from Neelum Valley. So naturally, the journey back home was going to take them approximately an hour and a half.

Zubiya felt exhausted after such an outpour of emotions. Expressing her pain in front of people was something she had always avoided, and this time it had gone to a whole new level. She had cried in front of a gathering of people. Through her life, she had witnessed the rukhsatis of various cousins, yet it had never occurred to her how painful an event it must have been for the brides. The emotional outbreak was natural in that moment. Memories, faces, physical contact, everything came rushing back to the mind in that moment.

Asfi watched Zubiya as she looked outside the window. He could see from her eyes that she was staring into blank space. Had it been any other girl, Asfi would have dared to estimate the pain she felt at leaving behind her loved ones. But his heart refused to even try and imagine the agony that Zubiya must have felt. Her Khala's face must've brought back innumerable childhood memories, and of course, a glaring resemblance to her mother, bringing forth another treasure of memories, both happy and sorrowful. Her brother's face must've brought back a mixed share of emotions. Disgust, anger, annoyance and perhaps lots of unanswered questions. Zubiya's farewell to her family may have seemed to be a brief one, but he knew that the baggage of emotions that she was carrying with herself, was not going to disperse easily.

He watched her shiver slightly, her hands starting to feel cold in his grasp.

"Bhabi, aap ke paas koi warm cheez hai?" He asked Gaiti.

"Haan Asfi, mama ne Zubiya ke liye shawl di thi. Kaha tha hotel se bahar nikalte hue usse pehna dena, lekin uss waqt yaad nahi raha. Ek second," she said, rummaging through a bag lying near her feet.

"Ye lo Asfi," she turned back, handing him a dark woollen shawl.

He took the shawl from her and gestured Zubiya to move forward.

Zubiya eased herself away from the support of the seat. Asfi unfolded the shawl and wound it around her body. Holding the ends of the shawl, he overlapped them over her front, making sure to cover her hands too.

"Thank you," she mouthed.

He smiled at her and reached out for her hands under the shawl.

"Dr. Haroon, how long will it take to reach home now?" Gaiti asked from the front the seat.

"Iss sunsaan aur kabhi na khatam hone walay highway ko dekhte hue lagta hai ke 2-4 din aur lag jaynge ghar pohanchne main, " he laughed.

"Allah na kare!" Gaiti stared at him with her eyes wide. "Humare bechare dulha dulhan ke upar thakan ka kafi pahaar toot chuka hai, ab in ke sath aur zulm nahi hona chaye."

"Tou hum ne tou suggest kia tha ke in dono ko hotel main hi ek room book kar ke raat ko stay kar lena chaye," Dr. Haroon said, "Lekin Dr. Asfandyar aur Dr. Zubiya ki marzi se kon jeet sakta hai aakhir? In dono ko tou ghar aa ke, sab ke sath rehna tha."

Everyone broke into laughter listening to Dr. Haroon's take on the situation. Although it would have been convenient for Asfi and Zubiya to stay at the hotel that night, both of them had agreed that it would be better to start their official married life from their actual home. Somehow, that would be more memorable for them. Their room would experience their journey from the very start that way, no moments missed.

The car stopped outside Usman Cottage in the Valley.

Gaiti glanced at the backseat and the sight she witnessed absolutely melted her heart. Zubiya was asleep with her head resting on Asfi's shoulder, while Asfi dozed off with his head slightly tilted, leaning on her head. They were holding hands, and Zubiya's shawl was all over the place now.

Gaiti stretched out her hand and softly placed it on Zubiya's knee.

"Zubiya, hum ghar aagaye hain," she whispered.

Zubiya woke with a start, not realising where she was. She looked around and her eyes settled on Asfi's face, deep in slumber. A smile crept across her cheeks looking at his handsomely peaceful expression.

"Tum iss ko uthao, main gari se samaan nikalne main Dr. Haroon ki help karti hun," Gaiti told her while stepping out of the car.

"Asfi..." Zubiya whispered, trying to untangle her fingers from his hold.

He opened his eyes at the slightest movement.

"Uth jaen, hum ghar aagaye hain," she informed him, a light smile settled on her face.

"Oh sorry, meri aankh lag gayi thi," He apologised.

In the meanwhile, Lubna Aunty and Gaiti had come around to Zubiya's side of the car and opened the door.

"Welcome home, meri jaan," Lubna Aunty called out, helping Zubiya step out of the car.

Asfi got out of the car too and joined her near the entrance of their house.

The door was already wide open to welcome them.

Asfi and Zubiya entered the house together, hand in hand. Gaiti guided them towards the seating area in the lounge and made them settle down.

Dr. Shahroz and Dr. Asifa had also come to their house to say goodbye.

Dr. Asifa walked towards Zubiya and embraced her in a warm hug.

"Apna bohat khayal rakhna Zubiya. Kisi baat se pareshan hone ki zaroorat nahi hai. InshaAllah everything will go well," she said softly.

"Dr. Asifa, thank you so much for everything! You went out of your way for our wedding, and we're really grateful for it," Zubiya replied.

"Ji, aap dono ka bohat bohat shukriya, for everything." Asfi also added, while shaking Dr. Shehroze's hand.

"Aray tum dono tou hamare liye family ho, thank you bol ke humain sharminda na karo," Dr. Shehroze smiled at them.

Dr. Haroon also said his goodbyes, and they all left for the night.

Gaiti walked out of the kitchen with a few glasses of water on a tray.

"Sunein, aaj raat ko koi rasmain karne ki zaroorat nahi hai, wesay bhi raat ke 2 baj gaye hain, aur sab bohat thak gaye hain. Kal subah uth ke sab kar lenge" Usman Uncle said to Lubna Aunty.

"Haan haan mujhe maloom hai ke Asfi aur Zubiya bohat thak gaye hain, abhi inko araam karna chaye," Lubna Aunty said, "Jao beta Gaiti, Zubiya ko room main le ja ke settle karwa do."

Zubiya stood up and thanked her in laws for everything. Gaiti led her towards their room.

Once Gaiti and Zubiya were out of earshot, Usman Uncle began to speak to Asfi.

"Beta Asfandyar, hum jaante hain ke tumhe ye baatain pehle se hi maloom hain, lekin beta, tumhe Zubiya ka bohat zyada khayal rakhna hoga. Woh bohat achi larki hai, lekin uske dil main aaj bhi bohat si takleefein hain. Aaj rukhsati ke waqt usse rote hue dekh kar humain bohat dukh hua. Please uska bohat zyada khayal rakhna."

"Haan Asfi, main bohat khush hun ke aakhir tumhari aur Zubiya ki shaadi hogayi. Humain na jane kab se iss din ka intizar tha. Lekin tumhare baba theek keh rahe hain, uska bohat khayal rakhna." Lubna Aunty added.

"Mama, Baba, aap log bilkul fikar na karein. Main make sure karunga ke Zubiya bohat khush rahe," Asfi replied. "Zubiya se shaadi karna mere liye bhi zindagi ka ek bohat bara aur khubsoorat step hai. I'll try my best to live up to it."

"Aap log bhi thak gaye honge, aap logon ko bhi aram karna chaye," Asfi added.

His parents nodded in agreement.

Cheesybites thumbnail
SOOO, while writing the previous chapter, I just couldn't stop! I understand that it was kind of a filler, and I feel you guys deserve some real substance in the chapters! SO HERE'S A BONUS CHAPTER. Chapter 9 of Shaadi Mubarak : The Wedding Story. Now this was probably one of the hardest chapters to write. I was super excited to pen it down, but all of you naturally had a lot of expectations from their 'night' :p
I tried my best to focus on both the emotional and romantic aspects, I hope you guys enjoy it!
And yes, I do promise more romance in the future :)

Looking forward to lots of feedback!

Lots of Love!

Chapter 9

Asfi sat in the lounge, frantically twisting around his fingers in his lap. He was waiting for Gaiti to come out of their room, he couldn't understand what was taking her so long.

Gaiti finally walked out.

"Jayye dulha sahab, aapki pyari dulhan aapka intizar kar rahi hain," she told him.

Asfi stood up, his steps slow and calculated.

"Thank you Bhabi," he called out, "And goodnight."

He reached his room and opened the door softly. Zubiya was sitting on the bed, her head slightly bowed. She was looking down at her hands. Upon hearing the creak of the door, she lifted her head. Their eyes met, and they smiled at each other.

Once he was inside the room, Asfi closed the door and turned the lock.

He turned around and began to walk towards the bed. Taking slow and careful steps, he reached to the sleeve buttons of his sherwani and unhooked them. Next, he loosened the front buttons of his sherwani, revealing a fraction of the plain white Kurta that he was wearing inside.

Watching his unrushed, deliberate movements, Zubiya felt her mouth go dry. This man right in front of her, this glorious, enchanting man was her husband. He had rights over, rights which no one had ever had. Rights which she had dreaded before meeting him, but now was looking forward to every step of the way.

Slowly, he lowered himself on to the bed near her. He sat facing her, his eyes focused on her face. He could make out that her tears from the rukhsati and her sleeping on the way back, had caused her eye makeup to smudge a little.

"Kesi ho?" He asked, his eyes seeming to pierce through her entire existence.

"Theek hun," she replied, smiling at the way he had started the conversation.

"Zyada thak tou nai gayi?" He asked again.

"Zyada nahi, thora bohat." She answered.

"Haan, kafi hectic tha aaj ka din," he added.

"Aap awkward feel kar rahe hain kia?" She asked with a smile.

"Nahi nahi," he hastily replied. "Main kyun awkward feel karunga?"

"Nahi woh aap itne sawal pooch rahe hain na is liye," Zubiya said, her eyes shining with humour.

He looked at her for a few seconds, studying her expressions. And then he broke out laughing.

"Tum mujhe bohat ache se janti ho," he said between his chuckles. "Mujhe bas yakeen nahi araha hai ke ye sab asli hai. Main kab se iss din ko imagine karta tha, aur aaj jab tum yahan ho, finally, tou aisa lag raha hai ke jitni baatain main ne soch kar rakhi thi tum se kehne ke liye, sab zehen main kahin kho gayi hain."

"Yaad ki hui baaton se khud ko express karne ke bajaye, behtar hai ke jo abhi dil main araha hai insan woh bol de," Zubiya offered.

"You're right," he said.

"Zubiya, tumhe shayd meri baatain clichd aur typical lagengi. Lekin phir bhi main tum se kehna chahta hun ke iss ghar main tum apne aap ko kabhi akela nahi samjho gi. Mujhe maloom hai ke ye safar asan nahi hoga, aur main har qism ki difficulties ke liye prepared hun. But I want you to know, that no matter what, I'm always here for you. Always." He paused. "Kabhi aisa bhi hoga ke hamari laraiyan hongi, hum dono ek doosre se agree nahi karenge, kuch waqt ke liye baat karna band kar denge. Lekin uss tanhai ke waqt main bhi hamesha yaad rakhna that I love you. And I always will."

Asfi had expressed his love for Zubiya at various times in the past, reassuring her that his feelings for her were absolutely real and unchanging. However Zubiya had always been a little hesitant in expressing herself. She had confessed that she loved him, yes, but perhaps only twice or thrice.

"I love you too, Asfi." She replied. Not once did her voice waver, nor did she look down shyly. Her eyes boldly stared into his, easily explaining to him that the transition of marriage, was a huge transition. Somehow, these few days had strengthened her so much, that she felt this man deserved every word of love and praise. Not like he hadn't deserved it earlier, he always had. But now she had the courage to say it aloud.

He shifted close to her, his knees touching hers. Reaching out to her hands, he held them sacredly and lowered his lips onto them. Softly, his mouth brushed against the back of her palms in a smooth, lingering kiss. It seemed like he had all the time in the world, not a care, not a worry.

Zubiya watched his lowered head, her eyes beginning to well with tears. How could two people hold so much love for each other in their hearts, how? She had always heard that God had made humans near to perfection, but never had she realised that he had given them such a strong power. The power to love. The power to hold someone so dear, so incredibly close. She had loved her parents and her Khala, but none of those feelings had intrigued her to this extent. Her love for Asfandyar had brought her around to learn so much about God's ways, his grace.

When Asfi finally looked up, he saw her eyes shining with tears.

"Zubiya tum ro kyun rahi ho?" He asked, worried.

"Kuch nahi," she smiled through her tears. "Bas Allah ka shukr ada kar rahi hun ke uss ne mujhe aap ke sath jor diya."

His expression turned serene at her words, sometimes her purity truly stunned him.

He touched her shoulders and slowly pulled her into a clean hug. His hands moved across her back, holding her close. Zubiya's right arm went around his neck, securing him, and her other arm wound around his waist, holding tight. Despite their sitting position, their bodies were glued together, their heartbeats steady, beating against each other.

They sat in that position for a few minutes, breathing in each others scents, feeling the warmth.

A few moments later, while withdrawing from the embrace, Asfi placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Aap ko uncomfortable feel horaha hoga sherwani main, aap change kar lein," Zubiya said.

"Mujh se zyada tou tum uncomfortable horahi hogi, itni sari jewellery, itne heavy kapray!"

"Gaiti Bhabi ne mujhe itna daraya tha in sab cheezon se, kaha tha ke 'Zubiya tumhari halat kharab hojaygi', aur main itna dar gayi thi ke ab mujhe actually zyada bura feel nahi horaha," she laughed.

Laughing at Gaiti Bhabi's amusing behaviour, Asfi stood up. He unbottoned his sherwani and took it off, placing it on a chair nearby. The plain white kurta that he was wearing inside was slightly crumpled now. He walked back to Zubiya and stood near her. She had taken off her dupatta from her head, and was now trying to release her hair from the bridal bun. It was so efficiently pinned up, that she was struggling to find the pins and take them out. Asfi steadied her hands and drew them aside. Gradually, he began to take out every pin holding up her hair, and tossed them on to the side table. When he was done, her hair fell in waves down her back.

Running his fingers through her hair, Asfi said, "I think it took us more time to open up your bun than it must've taken the hairstylist to make it!" He laughed.

"Haan, she did it so easily, I could hardly follow what she was doing," Zubiya told him.

She was standing in front of the dresser now, taking off every piece of jewellery she had worn that night.

Asfi came from behind, his arm going around her waist. He snuggled close to her, his face half buried in her hair. The vague scent of her perfume was playing with his head. She held his hand lying on her front.

"Thank you Mrs. Asfandyar," he whispered.
seabeauty thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you for the bonus chapter.. It was amazing!! Love the way story is going further...
octaverider thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Aww that was so lovely.

The romance and the sheer innocence of their love. Beautifully put!
fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow, these two chapters are so beautiful, absolutely wonderful, Asfi and Zubi are pure love and you totally nailed that. Thank you so much for this lovely story..👏
1127603 thumbnail
Part 8 made me a little teary whereas part 9 brought a smile to my face
THANK YOU!!!
Please right more and yes this newly found tradition of bonus chapters should continue 😉
Aamera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
read all 9chps in one go
u nailed it girl
Cheesybites thumbnail

Originally posted by: seabeauty

Thank you for the bonus chapter.. It was amazing!! Love the way story is going further...

Thank you so much for always appreciating my work, it means a lot to me!