Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cheesybites thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
So I finally penned down the 6th chapter, and I'm really sorry for the delay this time! You guys may feel like the story is progressing very slowly, but I feel like these moments deserve proper attention! So I am trying my best to justify the emotional and romantic aspects of it! And I hope I live up to some of your expectations, if not all :)

Your feedback and criticism are always welcome!!

Enjoyy

Chapter 6

Sometimes the heart wants to hold some moments forever. Live them till eternity. Never let go. That's exactly what Asfandyar and Zubiya felt at that moment. The peace within the commotion, the light touch in public, a rare, stolen glance at each other.

Sitting together after the Nikah, with both their hearts swollen with joy, the bride and groom couldn't keep their eyes off each other. Friends and family posed for pictures with them, and the sound of 'Mubarak ho!' hung around the air throughout.

Gaiti walked towards them with a flower tray, with two red velvet boxes placed on it.

"Chalo hamare pyare dulha dulhan ek doosre ko rings pehnaynge ab," she announced.

Resting the tray on a table near them, she handed one of the boxes to Asfi and the other to Zubiya. They opened their respective boxes and took out the rings. Zubiya's ring was a simple silver hoop with a small diamond on the centre, while Asfi's was a plain silver band.

"Asfi beta pehle tum pehnao," Lubna Aunty told him.

He stretched out his hand and gestured for Zubiya to put her palm in his hand. She reached out, her hand perfectly fitting into his hold. It was a touch of purity, trust and commitment. He carefully slid the ring onto her third finger and his hand lightly brushed against the back of her palm.

The crowd broke into hoots and started clapping for them.

"Zubiya beta, ab tumhari bari," Usman Uncle urged her.

Zubiya didn't ask for Asfi's hand in hers, her movements were clearly more shy and reserved. She slid the ring on his finger, feeling pangs of awareness by the warmth of his hand.

As the crowd near the stage began to thin down for refreshments, Asfi and Zubiya were almost left alone.

"Wesay I was right," Asfi said, "the real you always bowls me over. Aaj bhi mujhe samajh nahi araha hai ke main kaise react karun, tum itni khubsoorat lag rahi ho."

"Aur mujhe idea nahi tha ke simple se white Kurta shalwar main koi insan itna acha bhi lag sakta hai," Zubiya replied, her cheeks colouring.

"Wesay agar koi outsider hamari baatein sun le tou kahega ke ye kitne shallow log hain, abhi abhi Nikah hua hai aur physical appearances ke baare main baatain kar rahe hain," Asfi laughed.

"Aray haan, is waqt tou usually couples ek doosre se itne baray baray promises kar rahe hote hain," she added.

He laughed, his eyes full of gratitude.

"Thankyou for being mine, Zubiya," he whispered.

She lowered her eyes in response, a light smile playing across her lips. Her palm softly settled on his hand. It was the first time she had made a physical move in public, but the authority and conviction in her touch was impeccably real. It was as if she didn't have enough words to thank him for loving her, for accepting her the way she was. Time and time again, Asfi had told that it was no greatness of his, that she didn't need to keep thanking him. It was all God's doing that He brought two hurting souls together and tied them together with love and understanding.

Asfi beamed with pride. To him, such a small gesture even counted as a step towards a brighter day. She was finally healing, the deep wounds inflicted on her soul were starting to melt away. She was allowing herself to trust him. Asfi knew that even though Zubiya had managed to get over a lot of her past, there were still parts of her soul which were extremely fragile. A mere reflection down her painful memories had the power to make her feel vulnerable and lost. Today was a special day for them, and even though he didn't want to make any dramatic promises to her, he surely had to make one to himself.

Looking at her in the eye, Asfi vowed to himself to always keep her happy. To take care of her beautiful, wounded heart. Give her the share of life which she had craved for so long. She deserved it, she had deserved it all along.

Zubiya sat at her dresser at Dr. Asifa's house. The makeup lady was helping her wear her bangles while simultaneously adding some last touches to her hairdo. Her makeup as usual was done in shades of nudes, enhancing her features and making her look effortlessly beautiful. Her eyes were lined with kohl, her lips painted a shade of pink. She wore a heavy dull gold choker necklace along with a long layered pearl necklace, set near her chest. Gaiti had insisted her to wear a matha patti, but Zubiya felt that a teeka was more than enough. The makeup lady had done a remarkable job with her hair, taming her long locks into a neat eastern bun with a centre head parting. The teeka she wore was a medium sized piece, carefully placed on her head parting. Gold chaand baalis in her ears further added to the heavy ethnic look.

The makeup lady settled the dupatta on Zubiya's head, completing her look. She wore a rich red lehenga, mostly plain, but edged with gold work near its borders. Her shirt was covered with tiny gold motifs. The dupatta, made of a thin, translucent material and edged with heavy gold lace was neatly pinned on her head.

Zubiya wasn't used to such heavy clothes, nor had she worn them much back in Karachi. In spite of trying her best to keep her look subtle, the ornaments and rich colours of her bridal attire made her look vibrant and ravishing.

The wedding was being held at a hotel near the Valley. It was an elegant place which had the capacity to accommodate around 700 guests. Since most of Zubiya's relatives lived in Karachi, only her Khala, her son and Rehan Bhai were attending the wedding. Most of the guests invited were from Asfi's side, including some government officials who were Asfi's father's friends. Affluent figures from the fields of law and medicine were also going to attend, some as teachers, some as colleagues and some as classmates of the Usman family.

"Zubiya jaldi karo baraat agayi hai," her Khala said walking into the bridal room at the hotel. "Beta tum tayyar hogayi ho na?"

"Ji Khala, main tayyar hun."

Zubiya's Khala, her son and Rehan bhai were staying at the same hotel where the wedding was being held.

Her Khala's eyes teared up as she saw Zubiya's face.

"Beta tumhe andaza bhi nahi hai ke aaj main apni behen ko kitna yaad kar rahi hun," her Khala said in a shaky voice.

"Main bhi unko bohat miss kar rahi hun Khala Ammi, woh hoti tou aaj sab kuch kitna alag hota na," Zubiya replied.

"Haan beta. Lekin phir main ye sochti hun, ke Allah ka jitna shukria ada kia jaye ke uss ne tumhe Asfand jaisi naimat se nawaza, utna kam hai. Tum hamesha se bohat sari khushyon ki haqdar thi, lekin halaat ki wajah se tumhe kabhi woh khushyan na mil saki. Lekin InshAllah, Asfand ke sath zindagi guzar ke tumhe woh sari khoyi hui khushyan wapis mil jayngi. Meri duaen hamesha tumhare sath hain meri jaan."

"Khala Ammi, agar ammi ke intiqal ke baad se aap mere sath ek mazboot saaye ki tarah na khari hoti, tou main na jane kahan kho jati. Aap hamesha aise hi rahyega," Zubiya said.

"Meri jaan, main hamesha tumhare sath hun. Main janti hun ke tum ne apne bhai ke kehne pe usse maaf tou kar dia hai, lekin tumhari dil se woh karwi yaadein abhi bhi nahi nikli hain. Is liye kabhi bhi, agar tumhe meri zaroorat ho, tou mujhe hazir samajh ke apne dil ki har baat mujh se kar lena." Her Khala kissed her on her forehead.

Asfi stood near the stage, his arms folded in front of him in a gentlemanly manner. He wore a plain black sherwani with dull gold buttons running down the front. The sherwani fit his lean body perfectly, defining his muscular chest and arms.

Hearing a chant of songs from the other side of the hall, his gaze shifted.

There she was. Looking as beautiful as stars shining in the moonlight, as beautiful as a fiery sunset, as beautiful as the deep blue waters in an ocean. He was starstruck. It was as if everything in the background faded for him. The distant voice of his Bhabi and Mother bringing her over, the flash of cameras as the photographers tried to capture every candid moment. He could only see her. His wife. His girl.
To be continued...
SanFrangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This was ethereally beautiful. Marriages are so lovely. And for this one specially, how much we have longed for their marriage scenes.
"Her palm softly settled on his hand. It was the first time she had made a physical move in public, but the authority and conviction in her touch was impeccably real."

this is the most romantic sentence. The unapologetic, rightful touch by a woman means she is a goner, na!

loved it

it was really heart-warming. Please continue na?
Cheesybites thumbnail

Originally posted by: SanFrangirl

This was ethereally beautiful. Marriages are so lovely. And for this one specially, how much we have longed for their marriage scenes.

"Her palm softly settled on his hand. It was the first time she had made a physical move in public, but the authority and conviction in her touch was impeccably real."

this is the most romantic sentence. The unapologetic, rightful touch by a woman means she is a goner, na!

loved it

it was really heart-warming. Please continue na?

Thank you so so much for this! Ikr, sometimes the woman's got to take the lead tooo!!
I'll definitely continue (hope you will too)
Keep reading, lots of love
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
It's ao lovely that you're writing about the wedding in detail. And how well you write, MashaAllah.
Loved the scene where Zubi puts her hand in Asfand's. Such a victory for her and her love over all her fears.
fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow, so heart warming to read this, abosolutely beautiful, 👏I could literally picture them, how much we have craved to see their marriage and you made lot of us happy, thanks for writing this beautiful story. Loved it the way Zubia puts her hand in asfi's hand, I thought it was so romantic, big step for our shy girl.. why did you stop, please do continue soon, I can not wait for the next chapter..
Cheesybites thumbnail

Originally posted by: SS88

It's ao lovely that you're writing about the wedding in detail. And how well you write, MashaAllah.

Loved the scene where Zubi puts her hand in Asfand's. Such a victory for her and her love over all her fears.

Thank you so much for reading! Yeah Zubiya finally felt confident enough to publicly hold his hand, nothing his stopping her now. Keep sending through your love, means a lot!
Cheesybites thumbnail

Originally posted by: fanraya

Wow, so heart warming to read this, abosolutely beautiful, 👏I could literally picture them, how much we have craved to see their marriage and you made lot of us happy, thanks for writing this beautiful story. Loved it the way Zubia puts her hand in asfi's hand, I thought it was so romantic, big step for our shy girl.. why did you stop, please do continue soon, I can not wait for the next chapter..

Thank you so much for appreciating my work, it honestly means the worod to me! Hainaa, we were all dying to see the Asfiya wedding, and I just tried a little something to convey my imagination :) I'm glad you enjoyed it, keep reading!
Cheesybites thumbnail

Thankss a lot!!
1127603 thumbnail
Beautiful!!! But yeh koi rukney ki jagah thi? Shadi ki or important rasms baki hain abhi
I love the pace and the details in your story

I want a stylish grand valima reception!!!
Cheesybites thumbnail

Originally posted by: nittygritty1

Beautiful!!! But yeh koi rukney ki jagah thi? Shadi ki or important rasms baki hain abhi
I love the pace and the details in your story

I want a stylish grand valima reception!!!

Thank you so much for your appreciation! Your writing itself is an inspiration! Keep supporting :)